Vodka bottle drinking glass

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HookLine
retired

Vodka bottle drinking glass

Post by HookLine »

Nice use for a used vodka bottle.
gnFTD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gnFTD.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: Vodka bottle drinking glass

Post by LWTCS »

Djew mod that bottle Hook?
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

Nope, just stumbled across it on the net.
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Could get pie eyed drinking from that rascal.
Hawke
retired

Post by Hawke »

I think my mom still has one of those 'Bottle Magic' cutters. I remember it from the mid 70's.
It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.
Valved Reflux, 3"x54" Bok 'mini', 2 liebig based pots and the 'Blockhead' 60K btu propane heat
glassman
Swill Maker

Post by glassman »

hawke i think it's cut on a wet saw and then preheated to ~ 1000 deg f then picked up and worked in the gloryhole. we can only do it with red stripe beer bottles as there ceramic decals will hold up to the heat of reworking. i'll have to get a few bottles and try it. gman
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

Hi guys, Hook, my mate done one with a Dremel. He fixed the Dremel somehow then turned the bottle on a jig that kept it at the same height and distance from the drill. He then filled the bottle with hot water, once full he submerged the bottle into a bucket of iced water. After a few seconds the top of the bottle came away in his hand. He then took it back to the Dremel and buffed a chamfer onto the sharp edge.

It works... I'll try and get some piccies of some of his glasses.
Had forgot all about it... Thanks for reminding me. I do need some glasses.

Great resource this site..... Saves you money too... Now where's that glass cutter? :roll:

Regards.... Samohon...

EDIT: If you need them to be a specific volume 200ml, 350ml, just fill with water and mark with a sharpie.
or use this formula: pi * r * r * H - where r=radius and H=Height.

or Take piece of string, Tie it around the bottle, Slide it back off the bottle,
Soak the string in some Foreshot or 95% Ethanol (Don't tell me you don't have any)lol.
Slip the string back onto the bottle at the height you want, Set FIRE to the string, takes about 10 seconds.
Then plunge into cold water. It will break at the stringline, Then buff sharp edge with Dremel or appropriate stone... Dont get cut.

Graduated glasses..... :idea: Need to be marked in the jig after top has been removed...

Enough... Thanks
Last edited by Samohon on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

Beginners should visit The New Distillers Reading Lounge and the Safety and Related Issues among others...
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Samohon wrote:..... Saves you money too...
Hhahaha,,,,,,saves you money maybe. Gonna be a lot of sugarhead before I get my money back..........And I'm not done.
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

LWTCS wrote:
Samohon wrote:..... Saves you money too...
Hhahaha,,,,,,saves you money maybe. Gonna be a lot of sugarhead before I get my money back..........And I'm not done.
LOL :D :D :D
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

Beginners should visit The New Distillers Reading Lounge and the Safety and Related Issues among others...
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

And here is one way to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFXngPx3w3M&NR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Not really certain this is a discovery. Thats the way I was taught to do it in the mid 70,s.
I still have the bottle score device that we used. Kind of a light blue with a cutter head on it that had three scoring wheels.
Came with some emery cloth and was sold right next to the macrame wall hanging kits and the paint by numbers-hippie-psychadelic black velvet kits... :)

Im dating myself....arent I?
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

ScottishBoy wrote:Not really certain this is a discovery. Thats the way I was taught to do it in the mid 70,s.
I still have the bottle score device that we used. Kind of a light blue with a cutter head on it that had three scoring wheels.
Came with some emery cloth and was sold right next to the macrame wall hanging kits and the paint by numbers-hippie-psychadelic black velvet kits... :)

You might be dating yourself but it depends on where you live I guess. I live in a time capsule, the Volkswagen's are newer and the hippies are a lot older but other then that nothing has changed since about 68. I'm a lot younger then that and I shit you not I can go to a store and buy stuff like that. :) :)
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Carbon dated and confirmed...;) The more things change, the more they stay the same.
ScottishBoy
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

ScottishBoy wrote:Carbon dated and confirmed...;) The more things change, the more they stay the same.
+1 SB

S.
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

ScottishBoy wrote:Not really certain this is a discovery. Thats the way I was taught to do it in the mid 70,s.

When I started reading this thread I thought I'd seen something like it before and Lo an Behold, SB has the same thing as I had. From memory it didn't work very well, if at all.

That was a long time ago.

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

blanikdog wrote: That was a long time ago.
blanik

Yeah....I saw Star Wars in the theater....;)
( The first one...Episode 4...whichever)
ScottishBoy