Wives

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

toofless one
Swill Maker
Location: Where I can whizz in the front yard...and nobody would ever know

Wives

Post by toofless one »

I got asked the other day:" Hey, Im headin to town, do you need anything for your stupid yeasts?"

Bless her heart.

She dont complain that I got wash fermenting in the kitchen, the counters get sticky sometimes, and there is a constant gurgling sound coming from there as well. I tell her airlocks make me happy. She tells me she dont even hear them anymore. Did I miss something??? Why havent I been banished to the outdoors yet? If she came into my space and left lace and doilies and tabloid magazines all over my work bench, id gently tell her to move on. Did I luck out or what?? :econfused:

So i guess what im getting at is: do most other wives just put up with this because they love us or because it keeps us out of thier hair for a while? Im just gonna hang on to her for a while i guess :ewink: . keeps my stupid yeasts happy anyways :mrgreen:
"Learnin to still is alot like eating a dinosaur...ya gotta do it a bite at a time"
ct1870
Bootlegger

Re: Wives

Post by ct1870 »

Toofless, I wish my wife didn’t want me around so much. I quit brewing for 2 months just to give her a little time. Then I started to dream about it and told her to leave me alone. Hey, I’ve got to put that on the (you know you are a shiner when). She puts up with me, which are pretty damn hard and 3 girls under the age of 7. So I can’t complain. But my mother-in-law lives with us. So, with a wife, 3 girls, and a mother in law, I told her I need this. It takes up too much of my borrowed time and it is the way I want to spend it.
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

In my instance I think it's because I'm such a grumpy old bastard that anything that keeps me happy is cool, except when I spill molasses on the floor she can tend to get a little harsh. :) :) :)

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
toofless one
Swill Maker

Post by toofless one »

Ive lived with that many females before...drove me nuts. i only wish i had this hobby back then! :mrgreen:

Hope ya got yerself a good dog :)
"Learnin to still is alot like eating a dinosaur...ya gotta do it a bite at a time"
ct1870
Bootlegger

Post by ct1870 »

the damn dog is a female and the cat is too. My lab died about 5 months ago and it was the only other male with me, I had to go buy another just to share my misery with and understand what i was going through. :lol:
UnclePaul
Bootlegger

Post by UnclePaul »

I thought making something to drink was actually a lot better than some of the other stuff I've done and she still lives with me. And actually claims she still loves me.
Let's see,,,, there was filleting the mullet on the dining room table,,,
cleaning ducks in the kitchen sink,,,,, singeing dove over the gas stove,,,,
and last but not least,,, butchering a deer in the bath tub!
Takes a damn good strong woman to put up with all that...
She did draw the line,,
I had to take a bath after hunting hogs before I crawled into bed.
toofless one
Swill Maker

Post by toofless one »

:lol: Paul you crack me up man...i never even considered all the other crap ive done in her kitchen! Me Guttin trout in the sink doesnt hold a candle to butcherin a deer in the tub! you got yer self a real keeper there my friend!
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

I do keep my pigs ready for the fire on ice in the bath tub.
But they are protected.

You fellers are lucky them gals don't turn you cross a knee and paddle your asses :lol: 8) should you get so lucky!
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
kazanas
Novice

Post by kazanas »

When I was early married, she was getting around me , like the bee to the honey,and she was happy.Now, after 25 years of mariage, I am getting around the fermentators, the pot still, gurgling and burpling, AND SHE IS HAPPY
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

LWTCS wrote:You fellers are lucky them gals don't turn you cross a knee and paddle your asses :lol: 8) should you get so lucky!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blanik
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)

Cumudgeon and loving it.
Ayay
Distiller

Post by Ayay »

SHE IS more'n HAPPY cos I'm out of her hair an provide something of value despite the mandatory grumblin. The kids agree :) Grandkids will too in a few years.

60.4*C on the clock.
cornflakes...stripped and refluxed
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

the ole boy wife got the same rule as there ma did. no likker can cross the threshold exceptin if it medicine an she makein it. if you drunk sleep in the barn an will be in church sunday mornin but by the same token she can make wine likker an beer by herself but dont drink. she had 2 sorry brothers that wouldnt work in a pie factory that drinked themsef to a early grave. you want to see her get mad clink 2 mason jugs together. as far as killin an butherin somethin to eat she aint got no fear of it.
complicated world with nothin but shades of gray.

so im tole
still_in
Novice

Post by still_in »

straight up, goose eye. tough as nails. i like it.

my wife's been pretty amazing. the other day she helped me wind the coil for my new condenser. also it helps i found an easy way to make anise liqueur, her fav. i think she is enamoured with the idea of having a "moonshiner" for a husband.
liqarchy - a society based on liquor
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

Ain't that the truth, sir.

Most nothing ain't what it first seems. Never quite that simple.
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
UnclePaul
Bootlegger

Post by UnclePaul »

I just don't know what it is that makes a good woman put up with men like me and some of the others I read about on here.
My grandma, married when she was 13 and had 14 kids. Grandpa Sam, liked to drink and roam the woods. Mom says she can still smell him walking thru the house with a glass of shine heading for his cedar bucket and dipper for some water to mix with it.
Granny had two sons that also drank themselve into old age. One was in the Merchant Marines for 17 years, but went AWOL so many times he had over five years of bad time to make up to retire. He walked off only to die poor and old. Paul, never had anything. He lived at his house with his mother till she passed, then finally on a drunk got hurt and had to be put in a nursing home. He was in his 60's then and still wanted a drink.
My dad drank enough Early Times and Jim Beam to pay for my retirement. Through all the fighting and fueding, Mom never left him.
Now she worries about me again.
My wife doesn't mind too much, I'm a joker when I get buzzed, not a fighter.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Recon if we want to continue to self medicate, We gotta stay on top of what matters most.
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

I must have a good one never hear a complaint,no matter what I do,,,,,,,,

I even went over and kicked her stone a coupple times and not even a whimper
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

Dnderhead wrote:I must have a good one never hear a complaint,no matter what I do,,,,,,I even went over and kicked her stone a coupple times and not even a whimper
I just lerv black - no rascism intended or implied - humour. :lol: :lol: :lol:

blanik

Cumudgeon and loving it.
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

It's about time a thread was started on this subject.

I can't believe the BS my wife puts up with. She doesn't drink, not one drop ever, she a complete tetoler. Yet she continues to encourage and support my hobby just as long as I stay the fuck out of the kitchen.

I really married up. I found a beautiful, extremely well educated, English born Woman that will put up with a dumb ass truck driven red neck like me. Limy girls are the best, now if I could just figure out what the hell she's talking about.

Every time I want to go to the junkyard when we are in town she just rolls her eyes says something I can't understand and off we go. When I come back with a bunch of bull shit stainless and copper I can understand exactly what she's saying. :esad: :esmile: :esurprised: :ebiggrin: :!: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :( :( :ewink:

This should be stikied for all times sake as a tribute to spouses all over the world. Thank God we have partners that understand.

RD
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
trthskr4
Distiller

Post by trthskr4 »

HookLine wrote:
Ain't that the truth, sir.

Most nothing ain't what it first seems. Never quite that simple.

Lots of wisdom in those words. For sure.
15 gallon pot still, 2"x18" column with liebeg condensor on propane.
Modified Charles 803 w/ 50gal boiler, never ran so far.
ozone39
Rumrunner

Post by ozone39 »

wives are young men's mistresses, companions for middle age, and an old man's nurse.
thinking inside the box is for squares....
wort
Novice

Post by wort »

My mrs is great. We were just leaving the hardware store, a bunch of coppers bits in arm, she goes "Oi, don't you need some silver solder?", I had walked past it. She even shows interested in what I am mashing and is quiet keen for me to turn the freezer full of plums I have into wine.
:wq!
toofless one
Swill Maker

Post by toofless one »

Gotta work late...cant make it to ACE Hardware. The Mrs. offered to pick up my essential supplies. Bless her heart...

BTW: I told her "coupler". she says, "isnt it coop-ler?" "isnt a 2 door car a coupe"

My reply: "we are a couple...spell it" :mrgreen:
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

toofless wrote:My reply: "we are a couple...spell it" :mrgreen:
"Couple"...??? Yes... Sounds like you're also quite a "pair"... :P
still crazy
Rumrunner

Post by still crazy »

My wife and I were enjoying a few cocktails just before last Halloween.
She got up and asked if I wanted another. {1 wife point}
Then when she came back, with my perfect martini. She said "gee I really miss your dad and his juice"
Ya says I. It would have him spinning like a top in his grave if he knew his cooker got scrapped.
Well she says I've been thinking our boys are both 18 now don't you think you should pass along what your dad taught you.
With that she hands me $ 300 and says let me know if ya need more {is 10 wife points nuff here}

Hence here I am trying to meld the "what I knows" with the "what I need to learn"

Got the tools, the skills, & a buddy who owns a scrapyard. 20 gallons of beet sugar mash working. An a still, parrot, seperator rack working.

Got to keep the wife happy after all.
Daddy used, to say " Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Calculations don't mean shit when compared to the real world practical experience of many...RAD 9/2010
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Thats a real keeper still crazy
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

Still Crazy, My wife just gave me a Stainless Steel 1/4" Needle Valve and a recipe book for Russian and Ukrainian Vodka.
How many wifey points is that, after all, I dont want to spoil her. :econfused: Just had an Idea :idea:, if I can get her to translate the book for me I could up the wifey point to 3. But if she say's that she has a lot on at the moment, may have to deduct... :?

Need to post quick, she just came into the room.....Helllllp....
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

Beginners should visit The New Distillers Reading Lounge and the Safety and Related Issues among others...
Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Kentucky shinner »

guess I have a keeper here too. Been married 30yrs now and she helps me mix up my wash and just loves the smell of it fermenting in the spare bedroom. When I cook she evens stays out in the garage and helps with that also. I think it also helps that her great grandady made whiskey his whole life in the hills of tenn. She thinks it pretty cool that were keepin up the tradition. I am still trying to get here families recipe though. so far no luck.
sounds like we have some pretty tuff chicks.
takewarning
Novice

Post by takewarning »

i am divorced but it is nice to know that their are still good women out there.... I only attract the bit__es and the crack who__s and they would say somethin just to get me arrested...
toofless one
Swill Maker

Post by toofless one »

yea i tookwarning from my dad "stay away from those" bitches and crackwhores