whats your music

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

thecroweater
retired

Re: whats your music

Post by thecroweater »

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

What's your music
The Youngster's helping me, probably have a different opinion :lol:
I only remember some of the noise, from Die Antwoord
But it's stuck in my head
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Chopin piano nocturnes, at the moment.

Geoff
The Baker
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

The Baker wrote:Chopin piano nocturnes, at the moment.

Geoff
That’s my shizz right there. Perfect music for when you have to think. I listened to it constantly when writing papers in college, and still listen all the time when I have to write code.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Moondog...Bird's Lament

If you've never heard of him, and you love jazz, your in for a treat. He was also known as the Viking of 6th Avenue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxrr3Rh2nmc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Getting hung up all day on smiles
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

Gettin' my redneck on. James McMutry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nggqe-L9ZQ8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Redwood, that's the first time ever hearing that... Man he's really good!

crow, you never cease to amaze me with those old timey songs, love it!

I've been a sublime kick as of late along with some reggae making all this rum!

Shine0n
seamusm53
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by seamusm53 »

Slaid Cleaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJGPBLG ... KlOVfKi4zs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

raketemensch wrote:

Geoff
That’s my shizz right there. Perfect music for when you have to think. I listened to it constantly when writing papers in college, and still listen all the time when I have to write code.
Great to hear from you, up until now I have felt a bit lonely amidst all the he-man and the strange bangy modern stuff (from the last say thirty years....)

Listening to the mazurkas right now but Mozart flute concertos rock.

Geoff
The Baker
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

Just in case this hasn’t come up already...

Some good bluegrass/dawg shinin’ music.

Last edited by raketemensch on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
apdb
Swill Maker
Location: big ole'island on the West Coast Canada, soon to be underwater when the big one hits

Post by apdb »

Sadly, relatively unknown outside of Canada.... this is an amazing three piece band called The Tea Party. This is an instrumental piece called Winter Solstice which I spent the last week learning on my acoustic and I think I can safely say I got it nailed down. Enjoy!

Aaron
Alchemist75
Rumrunner

Post by Alchemist75 »

My tastes are fairly eclectic though genres that I get into most would be industrial, various electronica bands, ethereal wave stuff and new wave.
-skinny puppy
-front 242
-throbbing gristle
-Cocteau twins
-lush (early stuff)
-the cure
-new order
-depeche mode

Just to name a few...
SOLVE ET COAGULA, ET HABEBIS MAGISTERIUM
Rastus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rastus »

The Baker wrote:
raketemensch wrote:

Geoff
Great to hear from you, up until now I have felt a bit lonely amidst all the he-man and the strange bangy modern stuff (from the last say thirty years....)

Listening to the mazurkas right now but Mozart flute concertos rock.

Geoff
well sign me up with classical... mostly mozart these days... but bach is what pulled me into it in the late 70's and 80s

last night i was looking for inspiration in the world of mandolin music cuzz i got me a real pretty mandolin this summer made by a guy named Audey Ratliff I really couldnt be happier with it, unless i could play better...

so i looked up this guy Mike Marshall and his wife who is a German mandolin masterplayer and they blasted me when i saw this one he is playing a Gibson? Mandocello and she is playing a european style Mandolin:

She was just a moonshiner,
But he loved her Still
Rastus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rastus »

Been A good long time since i did any posting around here.... so i never knew about the gourds till just 2 months ago...

Fall is closing in on us in the great north and cranberries are ripe, so i tried it our Gin and cran-rasberry juice Mighty fine drink... and the song has been bouncing around my ceramic tiled brain like an echo chamber:

One more...
Just tonight Jimmy Fallon made some fun of this dude... but i had to look deeper, A Scott I believe, named Ivor Cutler a poet, and if you like Monty python, you might get it... but thinking of our forum this one seems a little fitting ...

But he loved her Still
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Hey, Rastus,

Played that mandolin and guitar music. Thank you, it was fantastic virtuoso music.

Geoff
The Baker
Rastus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rastus »

The Baker wrote:Hey, Rastus,

Played that mandolin and guitar music. Thank you, it was fantastic virtuoso music.

Geoff
oh yeah , as i said that was not a guitar, but a Mandocello... the equivalent of a cello in the mandolin family... pretty amazing. they had more stuff on youtube but how can i choose which is better it is all great!
But he loved her Still
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

I'm pretty addicted to music. About half motown/half "Classic" country, with some other stuff mixed in.
But this movie was on late night a couple of weeks ago and ....what the hell
https://youtu.be/tdwUpxkfSJw
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

John Kay and Steppenwolf at the local fair Saturday. :thumbup:

tp
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

I posted this elsewhere but had to share here as well.
In case you don't know, I'm an old white guy who lives in Alabama. The DEEP south.
In these racially sensitive times, that may bring up certain ideas & stereotypes.
For you who live across the seas, you may not be aware that old white guys in America are now personally responsible for all the ills of the world.
:(
I'm trying to do better.
:)

Today was a beautiful day to run some errands in my beat up convertible with the top down listening to my tunes (the majority of which are Motown).
I pulled up to an intersection next to a couple of 20 something year old black guys listening to CRap "music" with their windows down.
I yelled, "HEY! Turn that SHIT off!"
He couldn't hear me so I said it again and the driver looked at me like, "Man you STARTIN' something?!"
I said, "You better listen to THIS!" & cranked it up.

[utube] https://youtu.be/e2GEs-SMGtE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow [/utube]

I started laughing and they were howling.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

ScottishBoy wrote:
kiwistiller wrote:and you even alphabetised them :lol:
Almost anything else that has been mentioned here can be found in the music collection...Although I know the name, I have never listened to Ry Cooder..that I know of.
Whats it like?
I know this is an OLD post but I saw it and just a couple of days ago, I llstened to this.

https://youtu.be/CLP7gOX9j9I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Ry Cooder may be best known for something he "didn't" do.
In the movie "Crossroads" be played Ralph Machio's part in "The Duel" with Steve Vai. Never on camera but everyone had to find out who played it.
Grog
Novice

Post by Grog »

Really? Nobody likes Bluegrass anymore? Allison Krauss, Flatt and Scruggs, The Steel Drivers, Stanley brothers and the great Bill Monroe.
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Bluegrass rocks.

So do Mozart concertos.

Geoff
The Baker
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Love Tex Morton.

How about Shirley Toms, the 'yodelling cowgirl' ?

Geoff
The Baker
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

I collect 78s almost exclusively country and rural folk music and have a couple of gramophones. I have a lot of Tex, not many women. McClean sisters, some Carter family ones and a number of male female duets, I don't think I have Shirley Toms but my uncle does.
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

Mud Mechanik wrote:
Mr.Spooky wrote: haha!!!! i was just listining to some david a. coe!
I'm an old country phenatik, David A. Coe is amongst the top 5. I also like a few newer country songs, like "rain makes corn and corn makes whiskey"
If you like real country check out Jamey Johnson. The real deal.
As for DAC his "Face To Face" should be top 5 all time country.
Here's what's incredible to me. Jackson Browne wrote this song when he was in HIS TWENTIES!!
No way! Greg Altman covered it but it sure seems like DAC LIVED IT [Utube] https://youtu.be/8XkT2ZhO5AI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow [/utube]
Last edited by TDick on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chixter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chixter »

When I'm runnin the still, I have Pandora fired up to one of several Appalachian and Cajun channels. It seems the right thing to do.
When I was a boy, I prayed for a bicycle. I soon learned G~d doesn't work like this so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

thecroweater wrote:Way I see it good songs are still writ and always were, empathy it what makes them great. If the consumer has empathy for greed gluttony and gain then sadly that is what will get airplay. It seems to me the best writers of pain first bled, Clapton's song of loss could only be wrote so honestly by a soul tortured by loss and songs of hope of love by one who's faith was tested
Just my 2 cents
I'm still trying to figure out how to input video images instead of just the links. Here's another try. DAC gets typecast for s lot of reasons, most probably deserved. But in terms of "pure country" this is near the top of my list.

[Utube] https://youtu.be/mWwhpLkTbn0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow. [/utube]