So hard to find good help...

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

So hard to find good help...

Post by ScottishBoy »

And there's my faithful house keeper...leaving an hour early and soaking me for it...
But I am reminded of the old Klingon proverb, that" Revenge is a dish, Best served Cold....with a side order of bacon....;)"
Gosh, I guess she set her clocks back a week early. Funny she didnt come an hour early...
Gosh, I guess she set her clocks back a week early. Funny she didnt come an hour early...
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
SuburbanStiller
Swill Maker

Re: So hard to find good help...

Post by SuburbanStiller »

Did she get the job done?
LWTCS wrote:Recon i am an intermet lilker geek
Austin Nichols
Rumrunner

Post by Austin Nichols »

Tell her someone broke into the house at 10.45 and see her reaction :mrgreen:
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

SuburbanStiller wrote:Did she get the job done?
We pay her by the hour,not by the job. There was plenty left to do.
She DID bring a sense of balance to the house which I will need to restore, but I figure I can pretty much do that with anyone. The decision is still in the air.
ScottishBoy
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
Ayay
Distiller

Post by Ayay »

It's all about the big picture...Let her know you know an let her figger it out. She may be better than all the others once she knows.
cornflakes...stripped and refluxed
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

We are trying to decide what to do. She has been good for the house, but her cleaning skills are a bit on the lean side. BUT if we say something it always gets done. Im just not happy about her covering it up. My wife had to call her on her cell last week and caught her driving out of town, at least an hour before she was supposed to and she immediately went defensive and said she was sick and going home. Then she said she would go back to the house and finish out the day. Never called and took all the money for the whole day.
ScottishBoy
still crazy
Rumrunner

Post by still crazy »

Just fire her and call someone else with everybody looking for some work you should be able to replace her early enough.
The very fact your asking means your trying to ease your concensus, conchensions, conuncioius, concunsious, concencious, ..... guilty feelings!
Daddy used, to say " Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Calculations don't mean shit when compared to the real world practical experience of many...RAD 9/2010
SuburbanStiller
Swill Maker

Post by SuburbanStiller »

I was thinking it was by the job and she was just scooting out a bit early to go catch the game. If she is billing for hours not worked, let her go immediately. That is against the law, and worse it's immoral. I would not stand for anyone less than 100% trustworthy in my home, around my personal items, near the food my family eats. Give her a week's pay and let her know her services are no longer needed.
LWTCS wrote:Recon i am an intermet lilker geek
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Ask her to come and clean once for free, stating that it's the least she can do you leaving early and doing less than adequate work... You'll find out soon enough whether she's dedicated or not based on her response... If she says no, let her go... If she accepts then let her know she's on probation once the free cleaning session is complete... If you haven't had concerns about stealing then you're better off not having to make a replacement unless the quality of the services you are paying for are not up to normal expectations otherwise...
maheel
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by maheel »

do it like a band aid.... fast

face to face and ask whats going on. better to be upfront and sort it as now your always going to be not trusting her...
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

Yep, gotta confront her about stealing hours SB, as Rad said, let her work off her leui day's for free, If she has a conscience, she'll do it... :wink:
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

Beginners should visit The New Distillers Reading Lounge and the Safety and Related Issues among others...
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Trust is a funny thing; once broken, it's often difficult to fix. Good luck, bd.
I do all my own stunts
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

At least you didnt catch her sniffin yer panty drawer. :shock:
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
hoody
Novice

Post by hoody »

MuleKicker wrote:At least you didnt catch her sniffin yer panty drawer. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If it were me she'd be gone. If she dont think twice about stealling time, she sure as hell would'nt about taking the loose change, a bite to eat, few squirt's of perfume, quick snoop thorugh where she should'nt ect ect.

Hoody
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

MuleKicker wrote:At least you didnt catch her sniffin yer panty drawer. :shock:
Sniffing SB's panty drawer, eww, bad visual on that one.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Were gonna ask her tomorrow. If she fesses up, then we will change her work orders and try to come to a compromise. Some workers thinks of houses as jobs rather than a by hour pay. It might be a misunderstanding. Im willing to listen anyway. But if she lies and says she didnt leave early that day, she's out the door. No second chances.
I will accept a lot of different behavior from folks, but I dont tolerate lying....Golden Rule and such...
ScottishBoy