woot! First Snow!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

SuburbanStiller
Swill Maker

woot! First Snow!

Post by SuburbanStiller »

I love snow. Around here we don't get much, so it's a novelty. We got about 1/4" that stuck on roofs, cars and tarps; nothing on the streets. Made a snowman with my step daughter that was the size of a golfball on top of an apple. Hope we get a lot more. To hell with global warming!

Anybody else had their first dusting yet?
LWTCS wrote:Recon i am an intermet lilker geek
Azframer
Swill Maker

Re: woot! First Snow!

Post by Azframer »

Flagstaff is getting it today, Can see it from out my window today. Just broken clouds and windy as hell here. I think Flag got around 20' for the season last year. We got quite a bit here on the rez.
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

Ill send ya some ,ya can have my share..
castleclr
Novice

Post by castleclr »

HI desert Cal Or border here and have a couple inches, still falling and sticking, 19f and falling, now back to your regular program.
c
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Here too. Three inches and the whole place falls apart. Phone down for a bunch of days and power outages :roll: Now the sky is crystal clear. Put another two logs on the fire ... 8)

bd
I do all my own stunts
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by condensificator »

!! woot !!

got it big time last night/ today. lost power and phone at 11pm last night, still out at 10pm tonight. on generator now, and the wireless network that i'm on just came back on line. i'm out in the sticks, so might be a couple of days.

today was supposed to be a big stillin adventure. my bud, and new stiller, whiskeydevil, came up from a couple hours south, and an even newer stiller buddy was meant to meet us here and get going on some serious rum and vodka runs. ...well, no power=no stillin at the moment...gots to remedy that for the apocalypse! ...not to mention, after i got done plowing our road, i was going out to get gas for the generator, and i had a melonfarming flat tire in the truck!!! changed the tire, went to the gas station, had to jump start a guy in an old truck, then push out some folks that were bogged down in a honda...

not what i had in mind for today, but we are making the most of it....lots of sippin!
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

...forgot to mention...we got about 8 inches at 3000ft. supposed to snow another 7" tonight and another 4" tomorrow.

good thing i love the snow!
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

just starting to stick, the ground is all white. 435' el. n.w. corner. this is desert in the summer. cob
be water my friend
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

I got hammered with it yesterday. Had to throw iron.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
still crazy
Rumrunner

Post by still crazy »

Bring on the dancing girls!!!

Oh wait sorry.... Let it snow
Attachments
6911.jpg
6911.jpg (27.55 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
Daddy used, to say " Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Calculations don't mean shit when compared to the real world practical experience of many...RAD 9/2010
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

We had about 3", the temperature is in the teen's with a windchill factor of -1. It took some people 11 hours to travel 40 miles last night. I like the snow just not the freeze!
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

3 full days without power...water comes from a well, so no water either. bummer. supposed to get down to 17° tonight.

my buds came over yesterday with a generator, so we were able run some rum though! the plus side out of all of it, was that we ran to the hardware store and i got my recirc system all set up, so i should be running in style the rest of the winter. gonna put the reservoir outside, so the cooling water will be chilly!

hopefully i'll get back on the grid later tonight, still have a few gallons of rum to finish running.
WhiskeyDevil
Novice

Post by WhiskeyDevil »

condensificator wrote:!! woot !!

got it big time last night/ today. lost power and phone at 11pm last night, still out at 10pm tonight. on generator now, and the wireless network that i'm on just came back on line. i'm out in the sticks, so might be a couple of days.

today was supposed to be a big stillin adventure. my bud, and new stiller, whiskeydevil, came up from a couple hours south, and an even newer stiller buddy was meant to meet us here and get going on some serious rum and vodka runs. ...well, no power=no stillin at the moment...gots to remedy that for the apocalypse! ...not to mention, after i got done plowing our road, i was going out to get gas for the generator, and i had a melonfarming flat tire in the truck!!! changed the tire, went to the gas station, had to jump start a guy in an old truck, then push out some folks that were bogged down in a honda...

not what i had in mind for today, but we are making the most of it....lots of sippin!

We were able to make the best of it! Seeing the thumper in action was fuckin' awesome. Next time you have a weekend that you're not duck hunting, I'll have to make it back up there. I'm going to the store tomorrow and getting everything needed for my recirculation water system. Any recommendations?

-n
still crazy
Rumrunner

Post by still crazy »

Here is one for you guys who don't get snow

Maybe you will wish you did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGiMOlqfIM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Daddy used, to say " Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Calculations don't mean shit when compared to the real world practical experience of many...RAD 9/2010
coctailgirl
Novice

Post by coctailgirl »

Aaawwww! I'm so jealious :evil: :evil:
I want snow too, it's time now!
words starting with "co" are cool such as; coctail, code, codwaw, cornelliues and so on =)
Bull Rider
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bull Rider »

Four below zero Fahrenheit this morning, Yikes! No stilling today. I have two mashes ready to run.
Plowed yesterday, it's going to be a long winter.

Happy TurkeyDay to everyone, I hope you get to spend some quality time with those you love.. and your own relatives too... :D

Bull.
Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid...