HD website acting funny?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

blind drunk
retired

HD website acting funny?

Post by blind drunk »

Is it just me or are others finding HD slow today and part of yesterday? Seems to be "Transferring data from homedistiller.org" forever and it never really stops transferring.
I do all my own stunts
likkerluvver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: HD website acting funny?

Post by likkerluvver »

OK for me today BD. Haven't noticed it slow.

LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.
likkerluvver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by likkerluvver »

I should add that I have had similar problems with other sites lately:

eBay, Amazon, Sears etc. where there are multiple images on every page to be loaded.

The issue is resolved (for maybe 24 hrs) if I reboot my router/server.

LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes." this comes up a lot since the change over, but not slow here. cob

edit: the first click on "view active topics" is when this occurs most often. other instances occur doing "real" searches, but most often just walking in the front door?
Last edited by cob on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be water my friend
likkerluvver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by likkerluvver »

Yes Cob, I've seen that when I have done a second search immediately - like when I need to add/change another item in the search term. Usually works again pretty soon though. Probably a carry-over from the previous setup because searches are such server hogs?!? I remember that being a major problem, and the search restriction being put in place to try to avoid crashes before the move.

Isn't it wonderful how stable the site now is. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

LL
Fastill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Fastill »

I couldn't even log in yesterday to the forum. No problem reaching the parent site but the forum was down for about an hour for me. I have a friend that asked me yesterday if I noticed any electrical problems recently, something to do with solar flares??
A.D.D. and HD don't go together. This hobby takes time and dedication to learn and do it right and safe.
Fill the pool before you jump in head first!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Been getting this -
General Error.jpg
I do all my own stunts
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

we've been getting some site suker activity lately. I try to ban them, and cut them off, but another pops up.

The SQL errors, are due to a shit load of traffic (some driven by the site suckers). I have rebuild a couple tables over the last week. Might be that one is getting flaky again.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.