My town came in First

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

My town came in First

Post by Bushman »

No wonder some folks say I come from the dark side. First on the list but check out what state has the first 15 places!
http://www.city-data.com/top2/c475.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
retlaw
Swill Maker

Re: My town came in First

Post by retlaw »

yeah even the sunny days are ruined with those cemtrails,
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Wuts the suicide rate in those areas I wonder?.....knew a fella who's wife was born and bread in a dark and rainy climate and she was a borderline coo-coo till she (they) moved here to find the sun,,,,so says he.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

LWTCS wrote:Wuts the suicide rate in those areas I wonder?.....knew a fella who's wife was born and bread in a dark and rainy climate and she was a borderline coo-coo till she (they) moved here to find the sun,,,,so says he.
You know it really isn't that high, if you were raised in this neck of the woods you love it! August is a great month. We don't have as much rain as a lot of folks think but we have a lot of days that are just overcast. I would give up the sun everyday for the ammenities in this area. One hour from the mountain and skiing, live at a lake, minutes from the San Juan Islands and boating, tremendous amount of parks and trails to hike, 1hour and 15 minutes to Seattle, same distance to Vancouver, Canada.
Bull Rider
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bull Rider »

Congratulations Bushman!

I'm in Eastern Washington, we get over 300 days of sun shine over here. I spent half my life over on the Wet Side of the state, too liberal for me.

But if you guys had 300 days of Sunshine then California would migrate north in droves.

From July though September, and into October Western Washington is the prettiest place in country.

Bull.
Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid...
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

lol, they included Hawaii. I really doubt there are too many places that would come close to the top of that list, on the islands :)
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

The lack of sunshine seems to be countered by an abundance of moonshine in your area, BM!

Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Odin wrote:The lack of sunshine seems to be countered by an abundance of moonshine in your area, BM!

Odin.
Odin you put a smile on my face "definitely shinning"!
mash rookie
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by mash rookie »

No wonder we all drink so much here in the NW. For Moonshinners cold wet winter months are great for hanging out in the shop watching your still run.

There is a high rate of "SAD" seasonal affective dissorder here. (darkness depression) Our Aurora bridge is second only to the Golden Gate bridge for jumpers.
Those people obviously dont drink enough to deal with thier depression. Most of us find something fun to do indoors. (booze sex, sex, booze)

I have a friend that has a very sucessful bar in Alaska. The long winter nights are great for the bar business. Long summer days in Alaska slows his business.

I hate you RC
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

rockchucker22 wrote:I live one of the sunniest places on earth( well at least USA ) near death valley 350 days a year of sun on average.
As a kid I rode in the back of my parents car (no air conditioning back then) through death valley, by the time we got through my lips were chapped from licking them as I was hot and parched!
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Since I live in the Netherlands, I am used to a humid climate. We are already happy if the water comes from above and not out of overflowing rivers or invading seas. Probably the weather is more like WA than Death Valley. Let me correct that: definately more like WA!

SAD in WA? Nothing sad about that! Gave us Nirvana! Now that "Smells like teen SPIRIT to me"!

Odin.

What the flake: after some more filtrations: that oats whiskey is nice to sip from.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
rtalbigr
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rtalbigr »

Having grown up in a drier and sunnier climate, when I did my Basic and AIT at FT Lewis, Washington I thought I had landed in the grips of H*** except it wasn't hot, but just as miserable. I didn't see the sun for three months and it rained every day, I caught pneunomia and thought I was gonna die. The Drill Sgts's yelled at us continually every day. I was always WET to the bone and COLD. At night they made us keep the windows open, in the dead of winter.

Sorry Bushman, I know you love it, but Western Washington State will always be to me the epitome of misery.

Big R
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

rtalbigr wrote:Having grown up in a drier and sunnier climate, when I did my Basic and AIT at FT Lewis, Washington I thought I had landed in the grips of H*** except it wasn't hot, but just as miserable. I didn't see the sun for three months and it rained every day, I caught pneunomia and thought I was gonna die. The Drill Sgts's yelled at us continually every day. I was always WET to the bone and COLD. At night they made us keep the windows open, in the dead of winter.

Sorry Bushman, I know you love it, but Western Washington State will always be to me the epitome of misery.

Big R
If I had your experience at Fort Lewis I would probably feel the same!
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Well Bushman all things concidered, this area gets pretty old in the winter but every summer you remember why you put up with the clouds and rain, don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful place except Southeast Alaska. Spent a couple of years working up there and they measure the rain in feet not inches, so smile Bushman we're in a desert.
Sometimes I wonder why is that Frisbee getting bigger......and then it hits me.