Would you sell your still on craigslist?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

FossZ
Site Donor
Site Donor

Would you sell your still on craigslist?

Post by FossZ »

This guy would.......

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/for/2814897143.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

seems like he might be overcharging at that
Revolutions are born in coffee shops and taverns. Dont ever write off the next crazy thing you hear.
roadgold
Novice

Re: Would you sell your still on craigslist?

Post by roadgold »

i guess he couldn't sell it on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Gallon-Keg-C ... 2318944dd0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
GreenMTNfermenter
Novice

Post by GreenMTNfermenter »

Funny. Same pictures, but the ebay one is listed in PA, and the craigslist one is in MA!
Makes one go, hmmm....?
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

I would probably mentor a friend, and give him an at cost on a used still, b4 selling to someone on CL, that would be a likely candidate to not know what he was doing. Same thing goes for ppl building new stills or the 'junk' stills you see for a couple of bills on flee bay. 80% or more of them are likely bought by someone who will likely not find out how to properly drive it. They will be able to get drunk off of what they make, but hell, prison inmates also can get drunk, drinking stuff that came out of their toilets.

I would rather see someone learn how to do it right, and then see that same person be able to pass it on to someone else. Just my view of things in utopia. But hell, I am just that type of fool, donating 1000's of hours of my time, doing exactly that thing today, to many people I will never have the chance to meet.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

I was gifted my first (wee) still. It was quite the charge when I got the call - "do you want Billy's still?"
I do all my own stunts
jake_leg
Swill Maker

Post by jake_leg »

Husker wrote:I would probably mentor a friend, and give him an at cost on a used still, b4 selling to someone on CL, that would be a likely candidate to not know what he was doing.
Good for you. And good for your friend too :thumbup: :clap:

I need to dispose of my still as I am moving and can't take it with me. I am going to try to sell the boiler to a beer brewer as a boil kettle. I will recycle the other bits into a new still.