If you've ever....you might be a Stiller

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: If you've ever....you might be a Stiller

Post by Truckinbutch »

If you ever had a late night confrontation with SOH and immediatly lost the argument when you calmly 'splained to her that you were a 'drunctional funk' :oops:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Truckinbutch wrote:'drunctional funk' :oops:
Ha, I did once use the phrase "I've been drinking, but I'm not brunk" to similar effect one time. No recovery from that.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:'drunctional funk' :oops:
Ha, I did once use the phrase "I've been drinking, but I'm not brunk" to similar effect one time. No recovery from that.
I hear ya , brother :wave: And we are just proving the argument by being up this late at night posting here . My defense is that our friend Croweater from 'Downunder' just got on line because of the time difference . Makes sense at the time and Crow has big shoulders . I'm sure he'll 'take one for the team'.
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

If going to the junk yard looking copper and SS parts and pieces is something you normally do.
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

You might be a stiller when you are in Wendy's drive through and notice that the downspouts are 4 inch copper.
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Halfbaked wrote:You might be a stiller when you are in Wendy's drive through and notice that the downspouts are 4 inch copper.
Not in my area. The drug heads would have them at the scrap yard before morning.
They stole the aluminum bridge rails often the Interstate bridge.....twice. State never put them back up.
Some dickwad electrocuted every year cutting down electric lines to sell.
Got 2 old batteries stole out of my barn awhile back.
Meth Heads are the ruin of Appalachia.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Plenty of chuckleheads around here also. My brother who is that way once tried stealing landscaping rocks from people's yards. Thanks to people like that you only see copper gutters in gated communities and buildings with a security office.

I saw a hotel with 4" copper drain and gutters recently. The place was huge with 4 levels. Nobody there shared my excitement...
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

You've snuck into an "off limits" area multiple times to pick apples, because free booze you make yourself is the best booze :D
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

If you've ever been mixing up a little flour paste, glanced at the label on the bag and thought "all-purpose" indeed.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
cityboy2977
Novice

Post by cityboy2977 »

when asked by the man you just bought 275 gallons of molasses from, "what ya gonna use it for"? and you look him straight in the eyes and say "bear bait".....

when ya see ANYTHING copper or SS and it is automatically transformed into still equipment (in your head)....

if ya spend X amount of $ on a still when ya need a garage roof....

when your garage smells more like a brewery than a brewery....
"never fry bacon naked"
stilldistillin
Bootlegger

Post by stilldistillin »

cityboy2977 wrote:when asked by the man you just bought 275 gallons of molasses from, "what ya gonna use it for"? and you look him straight in the eyes and say "bear bait".....

when ya see ANYTHING copper or SS and it is automatically transformed into still equipment (in your head)....

if ya spend X amount of $ on a still when ya need a garage roof....

when your garage smells more like a brewery than a brewery....
HAH these are good.

how about..

..when you are looking at houses with the SO and you are excited to see copper piping instead of PEX.
..but then you are sad to see the drainage is PVC.

..when you had the day planned to still, but now are annoyed because in the morning the hydrometer reads 1.005 and is still bubbling.
Angel_Kefka
Bootlegger

Post by Angel_Kefka »

If you ever found yourself in a hardware store parking lot trying to figure out how to fit a10' long copper pipe into a compact car that measures only 14' bumper to bumper.

Did that back when I started.
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

If you've ever - had a big smile on your face having seen a compact car going down the road with a long piece of copper pipe sticking out the rear window.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Driving down the road the other day with the wife and see a pickup truck with the tailgate down and 150# of sweet feed in the back along with 3 trash cans. I just pointed and my wife laughed her ass off!
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Well today is my wife's Anniversary. Going to take her out to a nice Steakhouse.... Right down the road a mile from the Homebrew, Beer supplies store. He he.
stilldistillin
Bootlegger

Post by stilldistillin »

Appalachia-Shiner wrote:Well today is my wife's Anniversary. Going to take her out to a nice Steakhouse.... Right down the road a mile from the Homebrew, Beer supplies store. He he.
You tread dangerous waters Sir Shiner.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Happy Anniversary Appalachia Shiner! Ours was yesterday.

Home brew store eh? HA! I'd say thats a true test of a solid relationship! 'Hey hun, mind if I pop in here for a sec after dinner to pick something up', ' sure babe no prob'. :thumbup:
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jimbo wrote:Happy Anniversary Appalachia Shiner! Ours was yesterday.

Home brew store eh? HA! I'd say thats a true test of a solid relationship! 'Hey hun, mind if I pop in here for a sec after dinner to pick something up', ' sure babe no prob'. :thumbup:
Well Jimbo, it's been 36 years so I ain't in as big of a hurry to get down to business as I was waaayy back then.
Humm, maybe a little glass of Panty Dropper for her after while..... (I'm old but ain't dead yet.)
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Nice! 'grats. 31 años here.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Angel_Kefka wrote:If you ever found yourself in a hardware store parking lot trying to figure out how to fit a10' long copper pipe into a compact car that measures only 14' bumper to bumper.

Did that back when I started.
Subaru station wagon, a 10' stick of copper fits with over a foot to spare.
Angel_Kefka
Bootlegger

Post by Angel_Kefka »

Ya, a wagon would have been easier. I was in a late 90s Saturn sedan. Got it in though. Laid the back seats down. Ran diagonal from the back corner of the trunk to the firewall on the passenger side.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

I always bring pipe cutters with me.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

My go to store keeps 20' lengths . show up there with a drawing and a parts list and they cut it all to fit for no charge . Of course the counter clerks do stop to visit the house from time to time expecting a drop to sample . Biggest problem we have is a bean counter who orders the cheapest unions available at the time of order . No guarantee that they will interchange with what you already have built for true modular , interchangeable construction .
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Truckinbutch wrote:My go to store keeps 20' lengths . show up there with a drawing and a parts list and they cut it all to fit for no charge . Of course the counter clerks do stop to visit the house from time to time expecting a drop to sample . Biggest problem we have is a bean counter who orders the cheapest unions available at the time of order . No guarantee that they will interchange with what you already have built for true modular , interchangeable construction .
That's why if I need one I get 3 or 4.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I'd buy a dozen matching unions if the budget would allow it at one time , Jed . As it is , I mix and match . Any addition to the still works involves desoldering some unions and moving them where they are more compatible to ease reconfiguration . If I ever got done building life would be a lot simpler . HELL ! I'm still running a simple pot still and thumper . Look at all the other builds open to me .
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

If you've ever broken the windshield on your small SUV closing the rear hatch because a 10ft stick is 1 inch too long to fit in a Ford Escape :roll:
stilldistillin
Bootlegger

Post by stilldistillin »

Truckinbutch wrote:I'd buy a dozen matching unions if the budget would allow it at one time , Jed . As it is , I mix and match . Any addition to the still works involves desoldering some unions and moving them where they are more compatible to ease reconfiguration . If I ever got done building life would be a lot simpler . HELL ! I'm still running a simple pot still and thumper . Look at all the other builds open to me .
But if you're making whiskey, this is pretty darn good :) No need to get fancy.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Truckinbutch wrote: Look at all the other builds open to me .
If a flute is music to your ears .......
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
wtfdskin
Swill Maker

Post by wtfdskin »

If you ever hauled 50 # of sugar on a harley because your 3rd gen of uj was hungry.
uploadfromtaptalk1441051771295.jpg
Kegg_jam
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Kegg_jam »

If you've ever gotten excited when the guy in front of you at the feed store orders: 3 bags of chicken scratch, 2 bags of sweet feed and a bag of winter rye.

Had to get me a bag of winter rye too...