Shootin' fish in a barrel

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

astronomical
Site Donor
Site Donor

Shootin' fish in a barrel

Post by astronomical »

Me and my pops got some fathead shiners and went out for my first fishing day of the season. We asked for 3 dozen but she gave us what musta been twice that. I grabbed some New Glarus and Sprecher's beers. Little did I know that I wouldn't even have time to sip my beer or smoke my cigar. While I was being lazy, with a bobber on my line and smoking a Rocky Patel 1992 with a Sprecher's Amber pint, my pops was catching rockbass. I had just cracked my beer and my words were, "If you catch two more like that I'm setting my beer down and losing this bobber". Sure enough, two minutes later he had caught two more 10" rockbass. It was on. They were biting on fathead shiners faster than you could drop your line. All were keeper sized. After about 30 minutes we called my uncle and he brought one of my younger cousins along. We all knew what to do, fill up some buckets with fish. It was windy as all hell but it was still actually pretty warm. We were fishing on the just installed dock and just sittin' the bait a few inches off the bottom. Simple rig with a small splitshot 6" above an eagle claw hook. My record for the day was 4 fish caught on the same minnow. I lost track of how many fish I caught. Coulda caught more, but, I didnt want to clean all night. I built a collar for my keezer laster that night after eating a pile of delicious panfish. Twas a good day.
YUM!
YUM!
No water in that bucket!!
No water in that bucket!!
still need to paint her plack and stain the oak and drill holes for the taps
still need to paint her plack and stain the oak and drill holes for the taps
oak veneered plywood
oak veneered plywood
Usge
retired

Re: Shootin' fish in a barrel

Post by Usge »

Makin me hungry.
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Sounds like a blast astro, I took the girlfriend out for her first fishin trip ever Sunday mornin, got up at 4AM, she wasn't too happy about that but hey the fish set the time not me. She lit up though when she started catchin fish, 12-16 inch rainbows as fast as I could bait her line, we were in a boat. Great to have a good trip the first time out for the year. They were even good eatin. Congrats on your trip. :thumbup:
Sometimes I wonder why is that Frisbee getting bigger......and then it hits me.
astronomical
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by astronomical »

OlympicMtDoo wrote:Sounds like a blast astro, I took the girlfriend out for her first fishin trip ever Sunday mornin, got up at 4AM, she wasn't too happy about that but hey the fish set the time not me. She lit up though when she started catchin fish, 12-16 inch rainbows as fast as I could bait her line, we were in a boat. Great to have a good trip the first time out for the year. They were even good eatin. Congrats on your trip. :thumbup:
:thumbup:

Awesome man... I wish I could catch trout like that... Smoked rainbow is delicious...
mensdomain
Bootlegger

Post by mensdomain »

They look great. Last time I went fishing we caught about 15 Kahawai. Some people here only eat them if they have been smoked but nothing wrong with fresh pan fried. Just seeing that gets me all keen to go out again.
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

Bragger :moresarcasm: Nice catch :thumbup:
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Had to get ya a pick of our catch astro, we threw back 3 times that many. :D
Attachments
Fish Kokanee (600 x 450).jpg
WV Shine
Swill Maker

Post by WV Shine »

Since we're sharing fishin' stories, proper etiquette would be to lie and say this is me... unfortunately, that's a buddy I was fishin with in Co, and its his fish... :esad: :tired: Biggest damn rainbow I've ever seen though, they don't have em like that back east.
Big Trout.jpg
Not gonna say where we were :shh: :twisted:
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

That is one DANDY there WV. :thumbup:
WV Shine
Swill Maker

Post by WV Shine »

Ha, close rockchucker ;)