Paradise tomorrow!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Paradise tomorrow!

Post by bentstick »

I will be off line for a bout a week, we load trucks at 6:00 am for a 6 hr drive, then a 1 hour flight in a haviland beaver, land on a lake up past WaWa Ontario,unload the plane on the dock in front of the family cabin!! Only 2 other camps on a 8000 acre lake.
It will be great to finally be disconnect from civialiaztion for some serenity!
Fresh fish,awesome drink,good cigar, and quiet!!
Celebrating 14yrs of marriage today,and tomorrow I go fishin!
It is what you make it
Washashore
Distiller

Re: Paradise tomorrow!

Post by Washashore »

CONGRATS benstick! Totally jealous....have a blast bud!
"It's hard to argue with the government. Remember, they run the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, so they must know a thing or two about satisfying women." --- Scott Adams
Durace11
Distiller

Post by Durace11 »

Everyone's going to paradise and I'm just going to work...again! Have a great time Bent.
Current Evolution:
MrDistiller > 2" potstill > copper 4" perf 4 plate flute

"I seal the lid with Silly Putty, that's OK ain't it ?"
~ kekedog13

"Attach a vibrator to it and hang it upside down. Let it work"
~Mr. P
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Why not me? Its ok though soon I will be in the sweet embrace of a float tube (that I pimped out) with a bait rod out a fly rod in one hand and a drink in the other in the middle of a lake in the middle of nowhere with nothin to look at but mountains and trees. If I feel friskey I might just pull out the speargun and have a go at that but its hard to drink and spearfish :lol: .
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

pfshine wrote:Why not me? Its ok though soon I will be in the sweet embrace of a float tube (that I pimped out) with a bait rod out a fly rod in one hand and a drink in the other in the middle of a lake in the middle of nowhere with nothin to look at but mountains and trees. If I feel friskey I might just pull out the speargun and have a go at that but its hard to drink and spearfish :lol: .
Sounds like fun also, but damn spearfishin with a drink will water the hell out of it!
Hey pf 15 more days here and early goose opens and fields are cut and loaded with Canadas! Goose breasts on the grill soon!!! Yum! :thumbup:
It is what you make it
wannab
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by wannab »

Hey congrats on 14 yrs . Have fun see ya soon T
common sense is not so common
beelah
Trainee

Post by beelah »

Congrats...keep at it and soon it will be 25' then 38 like me. By the way how do you get your "good drink" on to a plane? We are kind of anal here in Canada about what gets ona plane....I usually use Grey Hound to ship my product to my brother in Alberta.
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

We drive through the border, and it is a small float plane that takes us to camp!
Lord have mercie if they gave us hell for alcohol on the plane we would be screwed!
8 people, 2 cases of beer,and a bottle of liquor each, we are allowed 1 case or bottle each with out duty, but when we go through customs we pay duty on xtra!
Can't tell ya all my secrets.
It is what you make it
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

15 days man I gotta get to where your at pronto dove opens sep 1 but who really wants to eat dove. I just call it training season. the real birds dont open till oct 13. as for the spearfishin you gotta keep one hand on the gun the other above water and kick like crazy.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

The opener for ducks is the 6th of oct. here! Brushin duck blind the weekend I get home.
It is what you make it
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

Hey fellas, got back from the north this afternoon, feels good to be back home!
We did good on fishing the biggest walleye I caught was 12.5 lbs, it was awesome,we ate so much fish drank so much beer, and had a few bottles of good spirits,good cigars and a damn good time!! :thumbup: but I was ready to come home it was chilly and wet most of the time,start the wood stove when we arrived and never let it go out until we left.
The flight in was a little nerve racking, 200-300 feet above the tree tops, because the cloud ceiling was so low, but damn the tail winds pushed us along at about 180 mph, they were strong!!
So while we were up in the north we were talking to the owner of the camp down the lake from us, who does moose hunts so we put a deposit down for 6 of us to go on a bow moose hunt in 2014 yea haaa!
I have been moose hunting up there 2 times I my self have never shot one but the first year we got 2 bulls on 32" and one was 53", the second hunt we ended up with 1 it was 50", these were gun hunts late in their season, so the moose were out of rut, damn those things are huge!
It is what you make it
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Missed this thread when it was first posted but sounds like a great plan :clap: glad you had a great time!