Dnderheads posts... has any one else read over them???

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Dnderheads posts... has any one else read over them???

Post by HolyBear »

Has anyone else gone back and read over Dnderheads posts? I've not read them all I confess, but damn,... who tha hell else could possibly know all that he does??? Sometimes, when I see that he has posted on something, I'll click on his name and read over his past posts, its amazing...
For example... http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p7010197
Who tha hell else would know that about an egg???

I feel like thars alot more to say, but I don't have tha words...

I don't really know why I'm starting this thread other than shear amazement in his knowledge and willingness to share with us mortal beings. I raise my glass to you Sir, thank-you fer being there fer us.............
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Bull Rider
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Dnderheads posts... has any one else read over them???

Post by Bull Rider »

I'm right there with ya Wacabi1. There's a vast storehouse of knowledge on this website, but Dnder continually amazes me with his posts. I would love to be able to sit down with him and polish off a good bottle of homemade whiskey.

I'm curious if he misspells words on purpose.

Well, it doesn't matter, but I salute the gentleman and I greatly enjoy his input.

Thank you sir.

no B u l l.
Last edited by Bull Rider on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid...
mash rookie
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by mash rookie »

He is big blue. The IBM super computer. No one person could have that much knowledge and still miss spell unless programmed to do so.

Either that or he is 168 years old and taught distilling to our great grand fathers. I am amazed often. He is the kind, sweet grandpa we all want.
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

I've read almost every one of them. He's a good man and I hope I can learn half of what he's forgotten. Not only that but he brings some humor to the forum...... you might have your pecker fall off if you drink heads.... :lol:

Honestly I have a vague idea of what I'm doing, 40 hours of reading his posts will give you a knowledge base that you can't handle.

Thanks for your invaluable knowledge.

Rubber duck.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Mash Rookie and I had several of these conversations about Dnderhead while building my still so + what ever number comes next.
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

What everybody said, and then some.

I remember being "afraid" to ask a question here at the beginning of my journey and he was kind and helpful. And of course, knowledgeable.
I do all my own stunts
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

Dnderpedia. :thumbup:
He is truly amazing. I can't remember my phone number half the time. :roll:

Yes I always will click on a thread if I see he has posted on it. Just to try to shove more into my head.

Good man great asset to HD. :clap:
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Read every one just about.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

Every good R&D facility I've worked at had someone kinda like Dnderhead- amazing amount of knowledge, dry and funny, all the things that should come with age but usually don't. He's that guy here. Thank you, Sir.
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

At 84 years young you can rest assured that Dnderhead has plenty of experience and we should all be grateful that he is still able and willing to pass it on to younger generations... :thumbup:

Dnderpedia, indeed... :clap:
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Not that I was doubting him,... but I starting a new batch of BW today and I had to try the egg trick, guess what?... It works!!!! http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p7010197 , My SG was at 1.08, I had my little girl go out to tha chicken shed n get me two eggs, (washed em off) then lowered one slowly into the wash... I lost it in the foam!!! Oh shit!!! Couldn't find it and thought it must have settled down to the bottom... shit, went toin check my SG again and while swishing back the foam, I bumped the egg!!! There it was, floating just like he said it would!!!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin