HD forum just updated to php v3.11

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Husker
retired

HD forum just updated to php v3.11

Post by Husker »

I have just updated the HD forums to the latest phpBB software.

I believe all of our modifications have been left intact. I have moved all of them (I think) from the database cache, to the real files. For the update, I also used the 'patch' method, vs the normal procedure. This is for boards which have been modified. I changed the 'official' patch file, and some HD site files, testing that I could get everything working. This was done offline, on a copy of HD's system files. I did this until I had the patch file 'right', so that I knew it would work without any errors.

Things went pretty smoothly, and now we should have a board updated properly, and the modifications 'should' be stable.

Again, if you see ANY issues at all, or things that no longer work, or are changed in ways that appear wrong, LEAVE A REPLY to this thread, and I will work at fixing what I can..

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Husker
retired

Re: HD forum just updated to php v3.11

Post by Husker »

Sounds like the update process caught Prairiepiss in the middle of posting, when I went to update the site. During the update process (which is only minute or so), the site will force log out ALL users (other than administrators can connect to the pages which do the update). That process is over, so I believe his posting at the same time 'should' have been the only bad side effect.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Bull Rider
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: HD forum just updated to php v3.11

Post by Bull Rider »

Thank You Husker for your time and effort on this forum. Much appreciated.

Bull.
Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid...