Site Donor

Chess

Post by magnetic_tarantula »

Anyone else here play any chess?
Bushman
Admin

Re: Chess

Post by Bushman »

Yes, in college I had a ranking and used to compete but haven't played other than online!
magnetic_tarantula
Site Donor
Site Donor

What was your rating? I used to compete but never attained higher than 1600.

Let me know if you are interested in playing, playing a couple games with RD right now. Forgot how much I liked playing(been a few years).

Current obsession(distilling) meet previous obsession(chess)!
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Use to, but swmbo wouldnt play any more but if she did then she would get really angry that I beat her. so I stopped asking and nobody else around me wants to play.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
magnetic_tarantula
Site Donor
Site Donor

Well feel free to challenge me to a game. I play on chesshere.com under 'onemarleyfan'. The basic site is free(has ads).
magnetic_tarantula
Site Donor
Site Donor

Well Bushman and pfshine what's up.....rubberduck and I can't seem to get an advantage on each other. He has won 2 and I've won 2. I started my high school Chess Club, maybe we ought to do a HD Chess Club. Of course in high school I wasn't eligible to play my grades were too bad.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I've played a few games against the computer but can't seem to get above level 7 with a lot of success. I am in the middle of a remodel and haven't had time to keep up with my game. Haven't played competitively since 1971 so games a bit off the mark would like to study before getting into competitive games.
magnetic_tarantula
Site Donor
Site Donor

I wouldn't worry about that. If I pour too much Bourbon one night and the chess game is on the screen, I may as well resign.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

onemarleyfan wrote:I wouldn't worry about that. If I pour too much Bourbon one night and the chess game is on the screen, I may as well resign.
:D :D :D I feel that way right now!

Lately I've been obsessed with sudoku play at the expert level takes me 8-20 minutes to complete with an average time of 12 minutes but sometimes one comes along and stumps me for awhile. Right now I am trying to wrap my brain around flyingdutchmans formulas for sieve trays.
magnetic_tarantula
Site Donor
Site Donor

I can knock a 3star(out of 5) in about 2 minutes(on my phone). On a tiny screen with fat fingers I feel accomplished.
MitchyBourbon
Distiller

Post by MitchyBourbon »

I played a lot of chess. In childhood with my father and big brother. They stopped playing when they could no longer beat me. I found some good opponents in high school. We stopped when we went our different ways to college. I found some great guys to play with in college. Some games would go for hours. I can remember several games where we were both staring at the board for over an when one of us would finally ask... Who's turn is it. Let's just say we were playing those games somewhat mentally handy capped. I taught my son to play when he was 4. We played every day for years. My nephew, who is 4 years older than my son came to live with us and then the 3 of us played chess almost every day. I haven't played either of them once they went to college.

Now we still get together to brew beer.
I'm goin the distance...
magnetic_tarantula
Site Donor
Site Donor

Well let me know, my info is posted, would be glad to get my ass handed to me. I pretty much only play correspondence these days......im too impulsive for real time.
Red Skip
Novice

Post by Red Skip »

I have a Chess w/ Friends account.
"Red Skip" is my user name.

If anyone is interested...