My Big Red Cock

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

My Big Red Cock

Post by HolyBear »

Want to see a pic of my Big Red Cock??? Its down past my knees...
Attachments
Bigredcock2.jpg
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
myles
retired

Re: My Big Red Cock

Post by myles »

:lol: :lol: :thumbup: NICE. Just where are you? Rural or in town?
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Oh I'm outside a town Myles. That was my first real rooster. He's been a good one. Rhode island red. After 4 years, he finally got whipped by atleast 3 other Roosters. I wasn't there when it happened, but 3 other roosters are all bloody, he's limping, and no longer king of the roost... I kinda felt sorry for him since he has been such a good patriarch of the hen yard...

Me wife felt sorry for him too and let him in the house last night. Well, guess what happens at 5am??? Big Red helps the sun come up!!! Didn't bother me since i'z up anywaz, but tha wife didn't appreciate it much...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Maybe a better pic...
Attachments
Bigredcock1.jpg
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Boda Getta »

"Me wife felt sorry for him too and let him in the house last night. "

How to you train a Rooster to use a litter box?

BG
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Oh its only for a night or two. I have tile and hardwood floors. He's not trained but the wife is, she's constantly cleaning... :D
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

last one of them things i had would crow if you lit a match,turn a light on,or a car went by
needless to say he crowed his last as he went in chicken a dumplings.
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Yea Dnder, we usually put several in the freezer every year. Much better than what you get from the store. Dandy in dumplins, I like mine with lots of pepper. Young roosters are also good slow baked. Now if I could only figure out how to make a sip outta em... seams like I remember a recipe that called for a chicken... :crazy:
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

lol, I figured it was a Foghorn Leghorn.

We live in a small community, but can have chickens (up to 6), but no roosters, in town. Roosters can get pretty damn mean. That one looks like a good rooster.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

My neighbor and friend down the road from me raised free range chickens for meat and some for the eggs.I usually get the excess from both.Hard to beat farm raised eggs.And the unwanted roosters do make good soup.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Rivver
Swill Maker

Post by Rivver »

Ha ha, reminds me of a couple years ago, I was at a benefit for a guy that was in a MC crash at this bar. Well someone brought some roosters to auction off (yeah we were in the backwoods, where hoot owls and chickens look the same), well after a lot of whiskey we thought it would be a good idea to toss about 10 roosters into the packed bar and hold the doors closed. :shock:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I am heading to Hawaii in 9 days, if you haven't been roosters are probably the largest population on the islands.
LakeLover
Novice

Post by LakeLover »

Bushman wrote:I am heading to Hawaii in 9 days, if you haven't been roosters are probably the largest population on the islands.
Yep I remember when I was in Maui a lady had one in a shopping cart. She was just walking around pushing the cart with this big rooster in it.