Throwin in the towel.

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Kidnapper2
Swill Maker

Throwin in the towel.

Post by Kidnapper2 »

I have attempted a few builds. I have actually succeeded at a couple and currently using my 2" offset nixon style with no real issues. But I have not been able to get over the hump to the next level, flute design.

So I am going to bite the bullet and buy one. Haven't decided if I will go with Hillbilly Stills or give Mile Hi's a try, but either way it's a big chunk of change and it seems to be a long waiting period to boot. Whichever I buy it will be my last upgrade outside of peripherals.

Hindsight being what it is, wish I would have acted when MR had his Sexy Lady up for sale.
*It should be observed, that neither age or double distillation, will render good, whiskey originally bad; or that has recieved an improper flavour during the fermentation. From The Distiller, by Harrison Hall 1818.
Fastill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Throwin in the towel.

Post by Fastill »

I sure would like to taste a jar of flute spirit next to my offset head juice, just to see if it would be worth the build.
Liquid turns to vapor, vapor turns to liquid.. we drink. How difficult do we need to make this hobby?
A.D.D. and HD don't go together. This hobby takes time and dedication to learn and do it right and safe.
Fill the pool before you jump in head first!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
Kidnapper2
Swill Maker

Post by Kidnapper2 »

I get good abv and flavor from my offset, and it's easy to run. Just seems like the next logical step. I would like my neutrals to be a bit more neutral than I am getting now, even with multiple runs.

And as for whiskeys, I might stick with the offset. I have gotten some awesome results. But I am lacking in the replication arena, something I think the flute design helps with
*It should be observed, that neither age or double distillation, will render good, whiskey originally bad; or that has recieved an improper flavour during the fermentation. From The Distiller, by Harrison Hall 1818.
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Don't forget about looking at Mash Rookies...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Kidnapper2
Swill Maker

Post by Kidnapper2 »

Mash Rookies..

That's why I mentioned about hindsight and all. He had his "Sexy Lady" for sale in the classifieds, gone now. My loss
Richard7
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Richard7 »

Kidnapper2, When I first read the topic name I thought it was going somewhere else. I'm glad your not quitting as I have learned from your post!
"yeah? yeah? the maple flavored kind?" A dog on you tube.
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Kidnapper2 wrote:Mash Rookies..

That's why I mentioned about hindsight and all. He had his "Sexy Lady" for sale in the classifieds, gone now. My loss
Not really... I believe he has gone legit. Making them commercially now. Try pm him...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Pyewacket
Swill Maker

Post by Pyewacket »

Shoot, no shame in buying one. Especially since you already had your hand at building. I second the notion of PMing MR, his stills are amazing. When you get one...post some photos and results!