Busy board lately

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Husker
retired

Busy board lately

Post by Husker »

Hit 404 simultaneous users just the other day. We had had a highest level stuck at 300 for a long time (over a year). I knew the site was seeing a lot of usage recently but this new record is pretty impressive.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Bohunk
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Busy board lately

Post by Bohunk »

A great big THANK YOU Husker for every one of those 404 hits being handled with care. I think quite often about how much work you put in on this board. Say "HI" to Barb.
The Bohunk
Mr Viking
Novice

Post by Mr Viking »

wow, the other forum I use usually has about 10 at most
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

No offense intended, but I sure hope that TV show featuring the Faux Moonshiners ends pretty soon. It's bringing a lot of people into the hobby who will undoubtedly, sooner or later tickle the interest of L.E. who have other things to do beside meddle in the affairs of quiet, stay at home, honest to goodness old fashioned drinking men and women.

Would just as soon see those tinkering with the hobby keep it on the down low, myself....

Boom
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Other forums not this large have gone down for several days you are amazing. I have always felt it important to try and welcome new members and make them feel comfortable here but it seems like we have had so many new members lately it is almost impossible to do :thumbup:
mtnshiner85
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by mtnshiner85 »

Just saying Thanks to the folks who make this site work.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

+1 to what mtnshiner85 said. Thanks to all making this site happen!
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
Washashore
Distiller

Post by Washashore »

Ya, it's crazy, I was on hiatus for hunting season & when I got back I hardly recognized anyone! (Except for the regulars of course!). Amazing what a difference in membership in just a few months.
"It's hard to argue with the government. Remember, they run the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, so they must know a thing or two about satisfying women." --- Scott Adams
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Husker yes, very impressive. Question is, is it causing you problems? Should regulars look at the use level and if very high, just chill out and come back later fir ya??? Would that help? Or is it handling it ok?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Richard7
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Richard7 »

All the new traffic has me thinking more funding is in order. I am going to donate again. I know what I donate ain't much but if you keep putting drops in a bucket it will get full! I don't have money to GIVE away but I use this resource nearly every day learning the craft. So I don't look at it as giving it away, just helping to keep the ball rolling! I give my thanks to those who keep this site going. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"yeah? yeah? the maple flavored kind?" A dog on you tube.
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

wacabi1 wrote:Husker yes, very impressive. Question is, is it causing you problems? Should regulars look at the use level and if very high, just chill out and come back later fir ya??? Would that help? Or is it handling it ok?
no. Use the boards. Actually the regular users use fewer resources of the board, than a fly by web surfer. Regulars have already downloaded all of the tiny graphics that make up the eye candy of the forum pages. A surfer has never seen the site, and pulls about 20 more files each page access than a regular, at least on their first few page hits.

We do not want to reduce access of the boards, 'specially from regulars. At times, yes, I do stop the wiki, but often that is due to a serious site sucker causing too much sustained load on the system.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
700G
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 700G »

As a webmaster myself I typically hate the number 404, but in this case it's a good thing. Congrats!
stillin' when I shoulda been buyin'
Ayay
Distiller

Post by Ayay »

This is not just another site. Thanks Husker!
cornflakes...stripped and refluxed
philthy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by philthy »

Richard7 wrote:All the new traffic has me thinking more funding is in order. I am going to donate again. I know what I donate ain't much but if you keep putting drops in a bucket it will get full! I don't have money to GIVE away but I use this resource nearly every day learning the craft. So I don't look at it as giving it away, just helping to keep the ball rolling! I give my thanks to those who keep this site going. :clap: :clap: :clap:
+1 on that. Been around for a year but rarely post. No need to as the answers are always there. However, I don't have much to give but realize the importance of this site and would love to make a donation. This place has done me a world of good and I'm sure many others.

Excellent work to all those that make this place what it is! :clap
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Where's the DONATE button?

Post by varocketry »

Where's the DONATE button?

I see great value. I'd like to chip in. How?
-Just need something else to build. -
Prairiepiss
retired

Re: Where's the DONATE button?

Post by Prairiepiss »

varocketry wrote:Where's the DONATE button?

I see great value. I'd like to chip in. How?
You don't see the big donate button on the bottom of the page?
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

OMG!

Guess I never scroll down there. Glad it wasn't a snake.....

[Thanks for the kind response, PP, that was almost too easy to pass up, I bet.]
-Just need something else to build. -
SIXFOOTER
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SIXFOOTER »

Been a snake ya probably wouldn't have been looking for it