For whatever ailes you?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Rastus
Site Donor
Site Donor

For whatever ailes you?

Post by Rastus »

OK i feel silly posting this but i am curious about something i have noticed.

last week i ran my first run on of the sweet feed recipe, it came out pretty clean, high alcohol, and i mixed it with only a little water, sipped it straight or watered down quite a bit. I felt a nice clean I want to say bright buzz, but never felt heavy or deeply intoxicated even though i kept a steady sippin. now over the last so many days (Not Daze) i noticed something... it is what i wasn't noticing, i expected no hangover, and so it was true, no hangover, Saturday morning i was up at 5:30 and felt frisky as i have ever in years. the other thing i noticed was i didn't feel nearly as achy and sore as i have in a very long time.so much so that it seems quite odd. I am trying to attribute it to some other reason but it seems the only thing i come back to is the spirits, that i have produced and been enjoying. I admit, Friday night I hit it hard but since that day not so, just a little in a snifter with some water couple times a day.
each day i expect to wake up and be back to the good old achy soreness that i have attributed to my reckless youth and Middle age. but now after so many days of feeling so good i thought i might toss it out here and see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

i have heard of folks soaking certain things like Ginger root in the alcohol for remedies purposes, i could see Ginseng maybe some day i may venture into that realm... but that's another topic

thanks for your time,

regards

Rastus
She was just a moonshiner,
But he loved her Still
WERAT
Swill Maker

Re: For whatever ailes you?

Post by WERAT »

I don't know that i would go as far to say it helps what ailes you. I have noticed that drinking my own likker with good cuts does not make me feel like the store bought stuff. I have drank way to much in my lifetime of store bought likker and I just thought that was the way you felt when you get up every morning.(not hung over, but tired and not normal) Since I started drinking my own, i feel like a new person. Not sure if it it because the proof is a lil higher than I am used to and I drink more non-alcohol fluids or not. I can tell you, I have went back to the store bought stuff(only because I ran out of mine) and the bad feelings come back.
I am in the process of making a bigger still so this will not happen any more. I don't want to go back to that fowl tasting. make you feel bad stuff ever again.
WERAT
Rastus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: For whatever ailes you?

Post by Rastus »

Thanks Werat for the comment,
where i live, aint no likker store so cant just run down to the corner and pick up a bottle of some manufactured government approved and Taxed,alcohol, and to get it is prohibitively expensive, hence my interest in making what i need for me and mine.
as i read what you wrote and i was thinking about it before i kind of came up with the analogy of our bodies being like a metabolic furnace, and it burns the fuels whatever we load into it, and like you mentioned, by making good cuts, the bad stuff is tossed out, and when we sip some of the products of this effort, it is like putting clean high octane fuel into the furnace, thus the burning is more efficient, less waste products are produced, the waste products that would essentially make us feel rotten, fouling our brains and muscles, i am just mixing with water, i don't care much for soda or any sweets in my likker. one benefit i have always felt the liker had credit for is loosening up the knotted sore old muscles, even just a shot will help when the back is nagging me for something i did to it in the 1980s. but what you mentioned about feeling like a new person, that is the same of what inspired me to ask here if it is just me or if anyone else had a similar experience.
interesting to note.

regards
Rastus
She was just a moonshiner,
But he loved her Still