Alcohol Humor From the 40's - WC Fields

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Al Key
Novice

Alcohol Humor From the 40's - WC Fields

Post by Al Key »

WC waddles into a saloon and approaches the bartender.

WC: Was I in this establishment last night?
Barkeep: Yes Sir, I believe you were.
WC : Did I spend a hundred dollars in this establishment last night?
Barkeep: Yes Sir, I believe you did.
WC: Thank God, I thought I lost it!
I read, reread, and read some more. Too many gigabytes of info for my kilobyte brain, but I'm learning.
FortyNiner
Novice

Re: Alcohol Humor From the 40's - WC Fields

Post by FortyNiner »

Fields had a thousand great one liners! Here's a few more that relate to our mutual interest. Enjoy.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

“I always keep some whiskey handy in case I see a snake...which I also keep handy.”

“Take me down to the bar! We'll drink breakfast together!”

“Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.”

“Fell in love with a beautiful blonde once. Drove me to drink. And I never had the decency to thank her.”

“Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.”

“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
Niner
Al Key
Novice

Post by Al Key »

WC Fields still cracks me up. He was one of a kind.
Al
I read, reread, and read some more. Too many gigabytes of info for my kilobyte brain, but I'm learning.
Rastus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rastus »

Funny thing after 40 years of having read a bunch of his one liners and being forever impressed as a teen, a little over a week ago i got into Google and searched him out again... haven't Laughed so hard in a long time. I even changed my signature here to a W.C Quote, and it is funny this thread should come up in a short time thereafter...

the universal spirit is sending the vibe to those who will listen.... "get lost kid before i drive a nail through your head"
She was just a moonshiner,
But he loved her Still
Al Key
Novice

Post by Al Key »

Rastus wrote:Funny thing after 40 years of having read a bunch of his one liners and being forever impressed as a teen, a little over a week ago i got into Google and searched him out again... haven't Laughed so hard in a long time. I even changed my signature here to a W.C Quote, and it is funny this thread should come up in a short time thereafter...

the universal spirit is sending the vibe to those who will listen.... "get lost kid before i drive a nail through your head"
Rastus, IMHO chances are that anyone over 50 and into 'likker' appreciates the humor of WC.

Al