The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The liar's bench

Post by Still Life »

You're right in line with a report on the radio yesterday how millennial women have trouble finding men (I could stop there) who can make commitments, have initiative, or can hold even the most menial job.
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Still Life wrote:You're right in line with a report on the radio yesterday how millennial women have trouble finding men (I could stop there) who can make commitments, have initiative, or can hold even the most menial job.
Isn't that typical of "reports" these days SL ?...... "How sad it is that these poor women can't find proper blokes....? " - They should blame their mothers for swinging the pendulum of "Liberation" way too far ! :roll:
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

it occurs to me that wimmen and men have run into some interesting times. The "traditional"concept of family is a thing of the past; equal rights and the internet have made some changes alright.
a woman grows up wanting to take care of animals so she become a zookkeeper. want all the pride an pretige of field so of course she must have care of the bestest most handsomeness animal in the jungle, a Siberian Tiger.
She builds an environment that is second to none and gets approval from her people for a young tiger.
The tiger is wild and free and when moved into the big cage, it happy with all of the amenities. the water is clean, no risk of disease and the zookeeper knowing she must keep her tiger entertained fixes hime the most elaborate of meals...hanging it in trees or stuffing logs in creative ways so the tiger has to work for it, but in the end is rewarded with the succulent flesh he craves.
But it's not the wild and the same old cage starts to wear on the tiger.
Time goes on and the zookeeper decided it's time to start the breeding program and the program is a success! new cubs come into the world and the Tiger enjoys teaching the youngsters how to dig the flesh from the fancy logs and the best way to get the meat in the trees.
Once the breeding program is over, the cubs have grown and been moved to other, lesser zoos...you know the ones...the zoos that can't afford a fancy environment and have a second string zookkeeper. Hell they even came up with a virtual zoo that one of his cubs ended up at... so people don't have to get out to see the animals, they can just log in and even "virtual pet" an elephant if they want...

The zookeeper grows bored with the tiger, he is not as stunning as he once was, being older he has taken to the occasional nap in the shade and the crowds of people that once came in droves to see him and his beautiful family have dwindled down to the curious few. Revenues are down and the zookeeper....who of course takes no responsibility for the situation and blames it all on the old tiger has to reduce expenses. She cuts back on the quality of the food. gives up one the interesting packaging that kept the old tiger from being bored. She just shlepps the meat over the fence...not because she wants to, but because she feels obligated to, after all she is the one that caged him in the first place.
Over time the zookeeper has let the environment slip. the sleeping quarters are not as clean and comfortable so the tiger takes to sleeping on his afternoon lounger. in fact, he rarely gets out of it, and when he does he just paces the enclosure his eyes having grown dim and flat the only pleasure he takes now is backing his ass up to the fence and pissing on anyone stupid enough to get close to him.

The zookeeper comes up with a great idea to bolster her career as the best zookkeeer ever! She is going to bring a new animal into the mix, a sexy black panther with a shiney beautiful coat and a tail that is Oh! sooo long!

She takes what is left of the money the old tiger made for her and she uses it to finance a new place for the panther to live, by taking half of what the tiger had once called home.

The tiger now paces his small enclosure even more sullenly. his life, once wild and free and the envy of everyone, the zookkeeper included, has been stripped away by her until he is a broken old cat laying in the dirt licking his privates...no one wants to come a see him anymore.

The new panther has the best food and nicest, newest enclosure! and the zookkeeper spends every last cent to make her place as beautiful as she can (but she too has grown old; her ideas come slower and really how much paint can you throw on a place to try and reclaim it's original beauty?)

The time comes to debut the panther to her adoring public. Champagne is purchased, baloons for the kiddies, it will be an afternoon to remember. Everyone gathers to meet the new, sleek animal in her life...

But he doesn't show! He is laying in bed in the afternoon and nothing or no one is moving him. The zookkeeper forgot that Black Panthers are nocturnal and solitary. The crowd goes home disappointed. Just then at the end of the day, the tiger spies a pair of young college girls admiring his old form. Hell, he's still king of the jungle after all! He jumps the fence and absolutely molests them.

The fracas of course is blamed on the old tiger. How could he do such a thing! to such a nice zookeeper. He has ruined her life.

She sits and sobs, head in hands and it comes to her (oh, so late) as the black panther comes out of his lair at sundown and wants to play with the auld zookkeeper...oh wait! who is that young apprentice zookkeeper over there? the panther turns his back to old girl and saunter on over to the new, swinging his tail playfully as he walks her way.
The old zookkeeper counts her regrets. She is exhausted an has no interest in playing with the young panther. it was a stupid folly. All she really wants is to go back in time and take better care of her tiger. To honour her commitment that she made to him when she caged him in the first place.
If she would have kept up the environment, if she would have kept feeding him what he needs, his coat would still be shiney! If she would have kept it interesting for him, he would still come out to play instead of just lying there, dying inside.
if only,
if only,
The crowds gone the zoo closes. The old tiger is carted off to where he can do no more harm. The old zookkeeper, disgraced and demoralized is broke having pissed away all of money she made as a team with the tiger, retires into obscurity in the local trailer park where she goes to every night to mooch free beers at the corner pizza and pub, spending her assistance check trying to hit it big on the video lottery terminal.

the end.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

HDNB - That is one of the best metaphors I have ever seen - to emphsise the mutual benefits of team work in a partnership and how when it breaks down everyone suffers.

I'm going to Nick it for future reference mate 8)
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Pikey wrote:HDNB - That is one of the best metaphors I have ever seen - to emphsise the mutual benefits of team work in a partnership and how when it breaks down everyone suffers.

I'm going to Nick it for future reference mate 8)
be the king of your jungle mate. keep your own coat shiney and swing from the trees. give the best performance you can everyday and keep the crowds coming. damn the naysayers and the newcomers. This is your jungle, own that mutherfucker.

or as moonbreath sez: beware the sheet sniffers and dime droppers. use it up and wear it out!
and PFshine: (where the hell has he got off to anyway?) you go through life alone. live it to it's fullest.

now i drink for evil.
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

So I wonder where a woman like me fits in. At 62 I have worked hard my whole life and never relied on anyone to clear the path for me. I clear my own path . I still work in a shop 40 plus hours a week no coolers or air conditioners. It was 106 in my corner Friday. I can take care of myself and repair most anything except these darned computers. Guess I don't fit into that scheme of how a woman needs a man to take care of her, but I am enjoying everyone's thoughts here at the bench . Think I better have a shot or two though just in case.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

my parents have been married near fifty years, life has for sue not always been smooth sailing but they stayed the course just as their parents did. Both my sister and myself are not with the other parent of our children, and I sometimes wonder how that came to be. These people our parents and Grandparents through all the arguments and antics seems to maintain a certain respect for each other, love I guess. Who can say why it wasn't like that for my sister and I , its not like we weren't raised with that example its not like we never built a happy family and its not like we both didn't try to hold it together as it came apart at the seams, first hers and a year or so later mine and its not like my partner and myself didn't watch in horror as her family life fell apart. Both her partner and mine did come from broken families but everyone in the end is responsible for their own actions and two ppl living together are not always a couple if they are not working as a team. Everything has a trade off, freedom is sometimes lonely and partnerships have boundries. In the end you have just one life I don't think there is just one way to get it right so I just do what I can for myself, my kids and all those I care about. I try to treat ppl the way I'd want to be treated and be some help where I can and hope when the music stops no one regrets I ever lived.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

corene1 wrote:So I wonder where a woman like me fits in. At 62 I have worked hard my whole life and never relied on anyone to clear the path for me. I clear my own path . I still work in a shop 40 plus hours a week no coolers or air conditioners. It was 106 in my corner Friday. I can take care of myself and repair most anything except these darned computers. Guess I don't fit into that scheme of how a woman needs a man to take care of her, but I am enjoying everyone's thoughts here at the bench . Think I better have a shot or two though just in case.
Distilling Goddess. Says it all.

Geoff
The Baker
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

corene1 wrote:So I wonder where a woman like me fits in. At 62 I have worked hard my whole life and never relied on anyone to clear the path for me. I clear my own path . I still work in a shop 40 plus hours a week no coolers or air conditioners. It was 106 in my corner Friday. I can take care of myself and repair most anything except these darned computers. Guess I don't fit into that scheme of how a woman needs a man to take care of her, but I am enjoying everyone's thoughts here at the bench . Think I better have a shot or two though just in case.
Gal , I've told you before that you need a Man that will mess up your lipstick instead of your mascara . I just walked a 40 year old Daddy's little girl down the isle today that held out for that .
And I told her new husband that if he ever hurt my little girl that I would kill him . When I allowed him to notice that I was the only man armed in that church he became a believer .
Have a pull off this AG . SRD , Coalminer , and I are starting to get a handle on this .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

thecroweater wrote:my parents have been married near fifty years, life has for sue not always been smooth sailing but they stayed the course just as their parents did. Both my sister and myself are not with the other parent of our children, and I sometimes wonder how that came to be. These people our parents and Grandparents through all the arguments and antics seems to maintain a certain respect for each other, love I guess. Who can say why it wasn't like that for my sister and I , its not like we weren't raised with that example its not like we never built a happy family and its not like we both didn't try to hold it together as it came apart at the seams, first hers and a year or so later mine and its not like my partner and myself didn't watch in horror as her family life fell apart. Both her partner and mine did come from broken families but everyone in the end is responsible for their own actions and two ppl living together are not always a couple if they are not working as a team. Everything has a trade off, freedom is sometimes lonely and partnerships have boundries. In the end you have just one life I don't think there is just one way to get it right so I just do what I can for myself, my kids and all those I care about. I try to treat ppl the way I'd want to be treated and be some help where I can and hope when the music stops no one regrets I ever lived.
Well put . Exactly the way I've tried to live my life .
Regret , in it's self , is a wasted emotion . It is only a tool to use in the prevention of future mistakes . You can not redo what's already been said or done .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

AWRIGHT ! Now let's party . Brought what's left of a gallon of AG at my daughter's wedding to share .
Being that it was a dry wedding , there is a lot in that jug to share .That'l be awright . Ms ex FBI is now Mrs Preacher's Son with my blessings .
Was proud to walk her down the isle .
Got a family member to hold my cane while I danced with her at the reception to "I Loved Her First" .
Life is good :thumbup:
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

I've missed a lot here not being able to drop by regularly. I have to say, this put a smile on my face, Butch. Glad to see how well you are getting along with your daughter. Congrats on "gaining a son" as they say, never losing a daughter :)
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

I was wondering how our Ladies would take what I was saying Corene, good to hear from you 8) I guess it must be hard for a guy to try to impress you, when you can mend his truck better than he can, weld better than he can and make shine way better than he can ! - Perhaps you could treat yourself to a little "toy-boy" who can mend computers and just have some fun for a while, until you get bored :D

PLease don't be shy - I'd love to hear your opinions :)

I know a lot of our parents stayed together all their lives as mine did. I also know that many of them should not have done so - mine did so for the sake of the kids - I know that for a fact not by being told it. It is also certain that they should not have done so. My dad should have left 55 years ago, but in those days "duty" over-ruled everything.

Butch, I know the feeling mate - done it three times - Hope it all works out fine 8)
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

You're a lioness. Hunter, provider and protecter. Rare as hell, and still in the wild to boot!

Honestly, i'm not sure of the point to that story if it even has one. Simply an observation of the state of the union i guess. Times are a changin' and you got to roll with the punches.

I like Pikey's interpretation, the breakdown of teamwork ends far too many unions from woman/man right to large corporations and the the underlying theme to the failures is selfish greed and egoism. I want better, i'm owed betterand dammit! I deserve better!

i know an old farmer. as he approaches end of days i'm reasonably sure he has no regrets. here's why: he owns the same piece of land. he drives an old truck that is perfectly maintained. Everytime he uses a piece of equipment he washes it, greases all the bearings and services whatever needs servicing before he puts it away. Anytime he needs to use something it is ready to go to work and will get the job done everytime...and his equipment has to be at least 50 years old! it may have even been his fathers.
From all outside appearances he is a poor dirt farmer, but in fact is loaded. I mean Loaded, Loaded. But the financial success means nothing to him, he is happy for a cuppa in the morning and fine rum at the end of another well lived day.

now i drink for evil.
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

You know that I had to throw a little fire on the coals here, Hard to find a group like you fellers round these parts so I figure it is better to fend for myself. Most fellas round here are not real frontrunners so to speak and if they are, they are being held onto pretty tight. Besides I am pretty set in my ways. Had a new single fella move in down the street. I was out pulling weeds in the garden and he introduced himself , wasn't 15 minuets into the conversation he was whining about how expensive things and didn't know if he could make ends meet, and how he couldn't find his way around town to find stores and such. Suck it up and get a job if you can't make it on your retirement. Oh well so much for that one. :D We got a lot of them like that round these parts .
I was raised mostly by my father. A gentle but strong man , very independent. He always told me you can do whatever you want, don't mind what others say or want you to do, be yourself. People have a hard time if you don't fit the mold that society has created for you so you are outcast, so to speak. Doesn't help when you are the ugly duckling with 2 other sisters that are blond haired and blue eyed beauties and you like playing in the mud and swimming in the canal for fun. Used to go there and catch crawdads for the Cajun fella living down the road. He would give me a dollar a bucketfull. Those were good times. Problem is I am still the same, rather go out and have fun than be prim and proper. Some times I would like to put on a pretty dress and go to the ball but it just doesn't fit me. I rather put on the camos and head for the woods, that's where I belong.
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

corene1 wrote:You know that I had to throw a little fire on the coals here, Hard to find a group like you fellers round these parts so I figure it is better to fend for myself. Most fellas round here are not real frontrunners so to speak and if they are, they are being held onto pretty tight. Besides I am pretty set in my ways. Had a new single fella move in down the street. I was out pulling weeds in the garden and he introduced himself , wasn't 15 minuets into the conversation he was whining about how expensive things and didn't know if he could make ends meet, and how he couldn't find his way around town to find stores and such. Suck it up and get a job if you can't make it on your retirement. Oh well so much for that one. :D We got a lot of them like that round these parts .
I was raised mostly by my father. A gentle but strong man , very independent. He always told me you can do whatever you want, don't mind what others say or want you to do, be yourself. People have a hard time if you don't fit the mold that society has created for you so you are outcast, so to speak. Doesn't help when you are the ugly duckling with 2 other sisters that are blond haired and blue eyed beauties and you like playing in the mud and swimming in the canal for fun. Used to go there and catch crawdads for the Cajun fella living down the road. He would give me a dollar a bucketfull. Those were good times. Problem is I am still the same, rather go out and have fun than be prim and proper. Some times I would like to put on a pretty dress and go to the ball but it just doesn't fit me. I rather put on the camos and head for the woods, that's where I belong.
Right on. Be who you are, don't let "society" dictate your life. My wife and I are country mice. We live in the Santa Cruz mountains in a small town that isn't part of the PDRC (Peoples Democratic Republic of California). People here believe in personal responsibility and helping their neighbors. We are our own 1st responders. We don't ask anything from the "state" but do help those in need.

I assume that you are in the central valley, I had a friend in Escelon and the people there were the same way.

Be true to your self for that is the way to happiness.
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Just remember...Money can't buy you happiness...but it can buy you an 85 foot cabin cruiser that you can moor beside the jetty of you own private island that's very very close to where happiness can be found !
Getting hung up all day on smiles
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

HDNB wrote:
.......Honestly, i'm not sure of the point to that story if it even has one. Simply an observation of the state of the union i guess. Times are a changin' and you got to roll with the punches......
I think it was probably written by an aggrieved male who had been dumped by his missus for a younger replacement. The "captured tiger" was him as a young man "she" tamed him and the "meat" was a varied and exciting sex life, in the beginning......

He got complacent and probably fat, she just stopped loving him and just "threw the meat over the fence when she had to....

The divorce robbed them both of the equity they had built up and he blamed her.

I think that was how it was meant - I just saw a different angle in it and looked at that aspect.

In honesty I don't think we are actually meant to be "lifelong partners" with someone. The great goddess EVOLUTION likes diversity and I'm pretty sure that the well known seven year itch is natural and built in, so we can get new partners and have new kids when the first ones are about 6. To diversify the gene pool and give greater variation.

I think the only reason we are expected to "stay together" is to satisfy a whim of the church and to make life convenient for the beaurocrats of old.

[Edit in the North of England they used to have a saying "livin' owert' brush" (living over the brush) The poor people who could not afford to get "Churched" simply held hands and jumped over a brush together - they were then married. To get divorced, they simply broke the brush. It wasn't clear what happened if the brush handle got accidentally broken - maybe they had a discussion as to whether to replace it, or just took it that their 7 years was up ! :lol: ]
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Pikey wrote:In honesty I don't think we are actually meant to be "lifelong partners" with someone. The great goddess EVOLUTION likes diversity and I'm pretty sure that the well known seven year itch is natural and built in, so we can get new partners and have new kids when the first ones are about 6. To diversify the gene pool and give greater variation. ]
Never been in love have ya ? :D You know, where you can't stop thinking about her...like shes the only person in your life that gives you a reason to keep living and loving.... day after day for nearly 40 years (and three great kids later). And to "diversify the gene pool and give greater variation" Shit there isn't even a lifeguard at the gene pool ! :lolno: No thanks, I'll take... lifelong, for better or for worse, richer or poorer etc ...but a little richer would have been nice ! :lol:
Getting hung up all day on smiles
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Cant buy happy. Ill take poor n happy over rich n misserable everyday.
I the richest dirt poor redneck.

And it my 19th anniversary
Drinks are on the canadian
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

I envy you the 40 years Bruce - To stay in love like that through all the arguments, not notice the aggravations etc.

Yes I've been in love as you describe - 6 or 7 times maybe ? 8)

[Edit - then complacency sets in and both start taking each other for granted - a different "Type of love" ]
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

jedneck wrote:Cant buy happy. Ill take poor n happy over rich n misserable everyday.
I the richest dirt poor redneck.

And it my 19th anniversary
Drinks are on the canadian
Congrats Jed!! Hope to see you soon. Say hi to all the gals there!
Corene, you are the best! Don't give in to no man child. I've done my hardest to raise my three (2 boys 1 girl) to be hard working independent people. So far so good. Don't let this panty waste 'new generation' types try to change you.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

jedneck wrote:
.........And it my 19th anniversary
few years ago I was coming up to my 25th anniversary :D

Then I got a letter from her solicitor saying "since you have not lived together since 1986, we take it as evidence of "Irretrievable breakdown" " - bummer, but I had to admit he had a point ! :wink:
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Just a story as old as time. I just kinda elaborated a recent tale i was told....A fella i know just got caught out with his college girl. (he's 50 and well...paid) in the ensuing battle he informs me that it all started about 5 years ago, he now knows that his wife had lost interest in him when a young fella showed her some interest and good times ensued.
Thats when she stopped "loving him" he put up with the passive agressive nonsense for about 3 years before deciding that he needed some affection and stumbled on the college chick that didn't mind his age, fat belly or fat wallet.
He just cared less if he got caught out since his wife had been on the passive aggressive warpath for so long.
The story goes his wifes 26 yr old bounce got bored after a couple passes so shes been cold for years for nuthin', however with the depth of his pockets his young squeeze is in like Flynn.

I feel sorry for both of them. While i believe the evolution theory and the reaction people have to their hormones and lack thereof (yep, still married after 30 years to the same, now post-menopausal woman, i've seen most of the phases of the moon i'm sure) That Pikey poses, but i'd rather have what Bruce and Jed propose- someone to grow old with and have hand the puke bucket in the event of chemothrapy. you can bet your bottom dollar the young plaything of either would be long gone in the event of illness.

on a liughter note a woman goes to the doctor, she is complaining of muscle weakness.
He prescribes the male hormone, testosterone, for her condition. half a pill a day.
a couple months go by and she goes back for follow up
Doc says "how are you feeling?"
"well Doc" sher replies "my muscles are feeling great -but i'm worried about side effects. i'm growing hair in places i never have had before"
Doc says "like where?"
With a sullen face she says "on my balls"

anyone want some this COB before Jed drinks it all up?

now i drink for evil.
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

COB=corn oat an BACON right
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

17 June marked the 24th for me and SOH being married and 30 years together . Best friends and partners in life for all that time . Turned down some fine looking 'quickies' when I considered the benefits I have with what we have .
Gave that middle daughter's hand in marriage yesterday and took a seat between SOH and my ex for the remainder of the ceremony .
That girl refers to SOH as her 'Bonus Mom' .
I consider that pretty damn cool .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

corene1 wrote:You know that I had to throw a little fire on the coals here, Hard to find a group like you fellers round these parts so I figure it is better to fend for myself. Most fellas round here are not real frontrunners so to speak and if they are, they are being held onto pretty tight. Besides I am pretty set in my ways. Had a new single fella move in down the street. I was out pulling weeds in the garden and he introduced himself , wasn't 15 minuets into the conversation he was whining about how expensive things and didn't know if he could make ends meet, and how he couldn't find his way around town to find stores and such. Suck it up and get a job if you can't make it on your retirement. Oh well so much for that one. :D We got a lot of them like that round these parts .
Gal , you underrate yourself . Never seen your sisters but I got a glimpse or two of you . Other fellers here aren't so fortunate . You just are not that hard to look at . Beauty for the long haul comes from the inside . Not from designer clothes and face paint .
I guess that most of the fellers here are like me . Committed . Mebbie not , though .
That middle daughter of mine waited 40 years for the feller that suited her and he spent 40 years waiting on his lady . You could feel the magic at the altar .
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

Since Truckinbutch started this, gotta tell one on him and Uncle Jessie.
Uncle Jessie was driving the two of em, headed to the woods to check their still.
Red & Blue lights came on and they got pulled over. Butch was nervous as hell in the passenger seat.
Trooper comes up, taps on the window with his nightstick. UJ rolls the window down and troooper says, "License & Registration."
Uncle Jessie says, "What seems to be the problem?"
Trooper whops him right on his ear and says, "Problem is I asked you for your license and registration."
Jessie's eyes are watering and he said, "Well what the hell did you do THAT for!"
Trooper hits him again and said, "I thought I made myself clear. License and Registration.
Sir."

Butch is sitting over there not saying a word but just about to pee in his pants.
Jessie can't hardly see but hands him his paperwork.
Trooper walks back to the cruiser.
NOW, Butch pipes up and says, "Well Jessie what'd you let him do that to you for!"
"Just shut up Butch and let's get outta here!"
Trooper comes back, hands him his papers, and said, "You have a taillight out sir. Here's a warning."
Well Jessie is about to explode that he got this for nothing, but doesn't want any more trouble,"
Gritting his teeth, he said, "Yes Officer. I'll get it fixed right away. Anything ELSE!?"
"Yes, just a moment please"
Now Jessie & Butch don't know WHAT'S gonna happen.
Trooper walks around to BUTCH'S side. Butch's eyes getting big.
Trooper taps on the window with the stick and Butch rolls it down.
"Yes, officer?"
WHOP! Trooper nails him right on the ear!
Butch's head's ringing and he hollers, "What's you do THAT FOR!"
"I just wanted to make your wish come true."
"WHAAAT!"
"Well sir, you're gonna get about a mile down this road and you're gonna say, 'I wish he'd tried that shit with ME!' "

That's a true story I swear.
:mrgreen:
Attachments
Chaw.png
Chaw.png (91.61 KiB) Viewed 2271 times
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Is a true story in most respects .
If you be that big hatted sumbitch that whopped me with the stick , we still got sompin to talk about .
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Just passin' through, grabing a quick swaller and headin' out.

I'm leavin work, headin for home. Kid called and said Motorhome and dragster are all loaded up, thought I was going to take off early?

Got a 4 hr drive including 1 1/2 hrs on a ferry to get to the dragstrip on PEI.

WOOHOO, LOVE SUMMER!!!

Mmm, thanks for the drink, I'm outa here, talk to ya Monday!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!