The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: The liar's bench

Post by Truckinbutch »

The Civil War has been officially been reopened !
Last month the Governor of PA closed the liquor stores statewide . Dumb move , I think ; but , what do I know .
I live right on the Mason/Dixon line in WV .
Them PA folks started pillaging our liquor stores when their's got shut down . Creating a shortage for us .
Toda.......... I guess it's yesterday now our County Commission (who likes their drop) decreed that there could be NO LIQUOR PURCHASES in my county by anyone who was not a WV resident .
Sound like history repeating it's self ?
I see a golden opportunity , historically speaking ,in these '20's for a resurgence in bootlegging .
What kind of a waterhead would try to tell a whole state that they can't have no more likker unless he already figured out how to make a profit out of it ?
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Just another shot over the lines. Keep yer powder dry and your caps to hand, TB. As was once written, these are times that try men’s souls. I tend my garden and keep my own council but woe betide ye who f*ks with me or mine.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

We got restrictions here on how much we can buy, wasn't going to bring it up incase it printed folks to get political but God damn. What bureaucrat decided he had the God given right to say how much anyone can buy and Brow beat retail into introducing such rules. To my knowledge temperance has no effect on viruses and all the liquor stores are open so what's the deal, cause it don't effect me a whole lot personally but if you are going to stomp on people's natural rights ya really should attempt to dream up some sort of justification.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Strange times we are living in . May be time to liberate that monkey . He seemed to have some creative ideas to solve a crisis or create one .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

:esurprised: surely ya don’t want the monkey let loose. That damn monkey is good at makin a mess not fixin one
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jedneck wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:30 pm :esurprised: surely ya don’t want the monkey let loose. That damn monkey is good at makin a mess not fixin one
True , dat . Even so ; he does provide a distraction .
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

:twisted: Miss corene and miss sarah do also :ewink:
:yawn: nite all
big help
Dunder
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Just realized that I have benefited from this shelter in place virus protection .
My big block F 150 Ford has gotten 3 weeks to a gallon of gas . Drove it around the house twice to circulate fluids and top up the battery.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

TB 18 years ago I parked my '78 f250 highboy 4x4 with a 600hp 460 conversion.

that's when I sold my last trailerable big sailboat.
be water my friend
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Pennsylvania just won the "Who can party harder" contest during the Covid 19 quarantine .
They done been kicked out of WV and OH liker stores for the duration .
That's class .
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Ya can betcha ass them Penn heads ain't hurtin for no whisky. They drink beer but some know lickers quicker and how to make it. Them damn Amish are makin a killen just now. All them carriages got hidden drawers with pints and halfs loaded with straw twinx to keep em from ratlin'! To get yours just pull along side and lay down on your horn to get their attention then ask if they have any "sip off da cow" with them. Oh they will look like they dont know what the hell you talkin bout, but its a farce, they know and waiti g on you to make an offer for how much you want.
Ga Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Might as well tell this in the Liar's bench, nobody would believe it anywhere else.
A couple days ago, I was tilling the garden with a 300 international utility tractor.
Needed to make some adjustments to the 3 point hitch
So I shut off the tractor, jumped off and made the changes
When I got back on, pushed in the clutch and turned on the ignition
The engine backfired, stumbled and started running without hitting the starter button :shock:
Jstroke
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Jstroke »

Shady,

I am no mechanic. And it would be interesting to hear others opinions. Sounds to me like maybe fuel hit the manifold or something else hot. Like I said I know zip about diesels not sure how they work.
If in doubt leave it out.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

shadylane wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:09 pm Might as well tell this in the Liar's bench, nobody would believe it anywhere else.
A couple days ago, I was tilling the garden with a 300 international utility tractor.
Needed to make some adjustments to the 3 point hitch
So I shut off the tractor, jumped off and made the changes
When I got back on, pushed in the clutch and turned on the ignition
The engine backfired, stumbled and started running without hitting the starter button :shock:
I think your tractor is haunted :shock:
RC Al
Swill Maker

Post by RC Al »

Diesel wasn't an option on those till the 350 model from what I can tell, so normal engine diagnosis... it's a low compression engine so it wouldn't take much to start like that, maybe make sure your carb ain't leaking, possibly putting the clutch in let the engine relieve some compression, turned a bit, letting the ignition spark as it was live, possibly might have been running very rich - how long since you did a basic tune on it?
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

ga flatwoods wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pmAll them carriages got hidden drawers with pints and halfs loaded with straw twinx to keep em from ratlin'!
Truth.
DBAB188E-0A24-4609-8366-C6C645194DAA.jpeg
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

RC Al wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm Diesel wasn't an option on those till the 350 model from what I can tell, so normal engine diagnosis... it's a low compression engine so it wouldn't take much to start like that, maybe make sure your carb ain't leaking, possibly putting the clutch in let the engine relieve some compression, turned a bit, letting the ignition spark as it was live, possibly might have been running very rich - how long since you did a basic tune on it?
The old tractor isn't completely stock
The head has been milled and ported, over sized sleeves with high compression pistons, reground cam and electronic ignition
The only thing I can think of is when I shut it off and let it coast to a stop in gear.
One of the cylinders stopped a little past TDC
When I turned the ignition back on the switch didn't made good contact at first and the sparkplug fired.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

shadylane wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:37 pm ...I shut it off and let it coast to a stop in gear...
And now we know the rest of the story :lol:
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

You must have done a good rebuild .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ga flatwoods wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm Ya can betcha ass them Penn heads ain't hurtin for no whisky. They drink beer but some know lickers quicker and how to make it. Them damn Amish are makin a killen just now. All them carriages got hidden drawers with pints and halfs loaded with straw twinx to keep em from ratlin'! To get yours just pull along side and lay down on your horn to get their attention then ask if they have any "sip off da cow" with them. Oh they will look like they dont know what the hell you talkin bout, but its a farce, they know and waiti g on you to make an offer for how much you want.
Ga Flatwoods
Can't blame an honest Dutchman for capitalizing on a dire situation .Them horses got to eat , ya know .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I think I tole y'all about SOH gettin earthquake ejected from a Cayman Island swimmin pool .
That gal has no luck . Marrying up with me being part of that .
Anyhow(thank you Arkansas Tom);
With all this 'social distancing' our social life has been limited . Her cabin fever had reached critical mass and I suggested a ride in our 'new to us' F150 that we bought in September . More bells and whistles than we have ever seen and I've driven it less than a thousand miles since we got it .
Anyhow , we're puttin around on some country backroads . SOH playing with all the environmental controls and checkin out the sun roof features .
Now , I swear ! ; I was just tryin to find Rush Limbaugh on the XM radio when I hit some button and there was a loud BOOM and SOH and her seat were gone !
Flat vanished through that hole in the roof that her button pushing had just opened up .Just how I 'splained it to the ossifers that came to investigate . They seem a bit skeptical ; but , that's alright . They didn't believe the Cayman earthquake story , neither .
For now , all my friends ; if a fat girl in a bucket seat comes floatin down on your place under a parachute , give her some water and a biscuit . Probly she's mine and I'll come get her .
Oh , and try to 'splain to her that I hit that button by accident .
I'll try to 'spain it better to her when I get there . Hope the seat is fit to be put back in the truck .
Them seats are expensive .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Jed , you be particularly mindful . The wind was pretty strong in your direction , last I seen her .
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

Was gonna call ya n tell ya she landed here. I just been tobuzy shoven pepperoni rolls in my piehole :oops:
big help
Dunder
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Michigan Cornhusker now aint that a coincidence? How you like a "sip of da cow"? Certainly isnt milky!
Lol. That made my day!😁👍
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jedneck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:06 pm Was gonna call ya n tell ya she landed here. I just been tobuzy shoven pepperoni rolls in my piehole :oops:
Be awrite . She does have a way with them rolls , especially in a wood fired oven .
If it's ok with you , just keep her there until this quarantine is lifted . I'd hate to travel into a state that shut down their likker stores in such dire times just to recover a wife .
How bad was that seat damaged ?
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

WTF ? Since me and Jed talked last there has been several hundred hits here and no stories .
Ain't y'all got no stories of your own to contribute ?
Mebbie it didn't happen ; but , it could have . Let your poetic license run free .
This is 'The Liar's Bench' .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

I coulddddd but things are getting so ridiculous these days I'm terrified folks will start believin me
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Me and the wife had a special day out on Thursday.

We went to the doctor for the flu injection.

Geoff
The Baker
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

thecroweater wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:36 am I coulddddd but things are getting so ridiculous these days I'm terrified folks will start believin me
Mate , the lives we have led ; we don't have to make much stuff up .
On a similar track ; folks are still talking about how foolish them two fellers was to brace me at that Mason Jar Tavern with you standing my back , ready to go to work that time you and Sue came to visit .
Sorry , had to cut that story short because Jed called . We had a good visit and now it's time for bed .
We can revisit this story another time .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Haa yeah had his back up but but once ole mate worked out what he was backing up he weren't wasting much time backing out :lol: .
What was the name of the next place over the county line? That place was a trip back in time with dollar beers and smoking at the bar :thumbup: