Just updated to phpBB 3.0.12

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Husker
retired

Just updated to phpBB 3.0.12

Post by Husker »

I have just updated the HD forums to the latest phpBB software.

I believe all of our modifications have been left intact. I have moved all of them (I think) from the database cache, to the real files. For the update, I also used the 'patch' method, vs the normal procedure. This is for boards which have been modified. I changed the 'official' patch file, and some HD site files, testing that I could get everything working. This was done offline, on a copy of HD's system files. I did this until I had the patch file 'right', so that I knew it would work without any errors.

Things went pretty smoothly, and now we should have a board updated properly, and the modifications 'should' be stable.

Again, if you see ANY issues at all, or things that no longer work, or are changed in ways that appear wrong, LEAVE A REPLY to this thread, and I will work at fixing what I can..

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Husker
retired

Re: Just updated to phpBB 3.0.12

Post by Husker »

I will look at updating the tapatalk mod to the current version later. I want to make sure this phpBB update is solid before attempting that one. On that update, I will likely have to reload a lot of hand built patches, which takes a lot more time.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
drinkingdog
Rumrunner

Re: Just updated to phpBB 3.0.12

Post by drinkingdog »

Thanks Husker all of your work is greatly appreciated.
My Grandpa used to say. Don't argue with an idiot, because he will just drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.
He also used to say. I didn't say it was your fault. I just said that I was blaming you.

DD