rifles

Moderator: Site Moderator

thecroweater
retired

Re: rifles

Post by thecroweater »

Yep we had sporting kits for them Mausers and the Lee Enfeild and long ago there were used as comp rifles and had custom kits for that. Not so long ago 7.62 Parker Hale sniper rifles were still being kitted out for compatition rifle shooting, they had a very similar action to the mauser.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
frodo
Distiller
Location: hiding behind a pine tree. bout 100 miles east of new orleans

Post by frodo »

update on the swede build

parts are coming in
DSCN3652.JPG
DSCN3654.JPG
stock will be here today, bolt next week

i will marry the barrel to stock tonight then off to be ceracote

am really excited to shoot this thing
frodo
Distiller

Post by frodo »

Stock arrived
It s SWEEEEET!!!

DSCN3656.JPG
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Any of you blokes use black powder.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Anyone here have any experience with duracoat? Doing an AK build and I'm considering using it for the receiver, but concerned about the longevity of it. Mixed reviews online. Wondering if I should just bite the bullet and go cerakote. The upcoming election has me heavily involved in buying/building stuff... which is why I haven't really been around.

Truly appreciate any accounts of firsthand experience with this coating, positive or negative.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

thecroweater wrote:Any of you blokes use black powder.
more than 40 years for me. got questions? or do you shoot BP your self? is it legal down under?
be water my friend
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Yep its legal, its a long time since I have used it but it is reasonably popular and I have friends back home that are into it. Apart from antiques there is quite a range of modern and reproduction rifles around and it is something I thought about getting into down the track
frodo
Distiller

Post by frodo »

RandyMarshCT wrote:Anyone here have any experience with duracoat? Doing an AK build and I'm considering using it for the receiver, but concerned about the longevity of it. Mixed reviews online. Wondering if I should just bite the bullet and go cerakote. The upcoming election has me heavily involved in buying/building stuff... which is why I haven't really been around.

Truly appreciate any accounts of firsthand experience with this coating, positive or negative.
try this, shit is awesome stuff. http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools ... 41824.aspx,
you need a airbrush with a fine tip
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

+1 to frodo. Cerakote is a good product.
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Def going with cerakote after reading the reviews. I'm going to use the heat-set (type H), though.

Thanks guys!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

Brownell's will give you a commercial account pretty easily. Saves about 25% on most stuff.
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
city shiner
Bootlegger

Post by city shiner »

frodo wrote:ok,,,Everybody done showed off the "A-salt"
big bad "Black" guns. me included.
now lets see the work horse,
pull out the bad ass old milsurp you got.
that old K98, or enfield, wanna see some mausers up in here.
extra points for a 03A3. or a 30 cal carbine

universal 30 cal...
strip 002.JPG
Wish like hell I had never sold my Swedish Mauser.
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

frodo wrote:
RandyMarshCT wrote:Anyone here have any experience with duracoat? Doing an AK build and I'm considering using it for the receiver, but concerned about the longevity of it. Mixed reviews online. Wondering if I should just bite the bullet and go cerakote. The upcoming election has me heavily involved in buying/building stuff... which is why I haven't really been around.

try this, shit is awesome stuff. http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools ... 41824.aspx,
you need a airbrush with a fine tip
Frodo... thank you very much for this tip! The cerakote is excellent. The pix are kind of crappy, but this is how the project came out. Put 350 rounds through this past weekend, no problems whatsoever. I'll have to bang a couple more of these out for my sons for x-mas, while the parts are still available. :thumbup:
left side.jpg
right side.jpg

Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

universal 30 cal...
strip 002.JPG
Damn. Your gonna make me get off my ass and take a pic of my 03A3. While it has a modern scope on it, I have the original M73 Weaver with Redfield mounts to go with it. The m73 is the extra credit bonus points. :thumbup:
LM Still Operating Instructions
Cranky's New Distiller's Advice
Using Google Search

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic.
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

Real men hunt with a Winchester pre 64 Model 70 std.
Blah, blah, blah,........
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Oh boy, now you done it....Remington 700 BDL. The rifle of choice for USMC snipers and hunters. Ok, now bring it!! :wave:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Bigbob wrote:Oh boy, now you done it....Remington 700 BDL. The rifle of choice for USMC snipers and hunters. Ok, now bring it!! :wave:
Mmhmm. In 30-06, no less. With Kwik-Klip mod and Nikon optics. :)

tp
Attachments
Remmy reduced.jpg
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Bigbob wrote:Oh boy, now you done it....Remington 700 BDL. The rifle of choice for USMC snipers and hunters. Ok, now bring it!! :wave:
Not always so Bob. The M70 with a Redfield or Unertl mounted up top had a distinguished presence in SE Asia.

Miss my 700 BDL Varmint Specials as I've had several in 22-250, 7-08 & 308 :ewink: :thumbup: :wave:

Still shooting my 270, 30-06 & 300 H & H. All pre 64 M70s
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

i wish we had a gun lobby in Canada. I got my first .22 when i was seven. I took all the hunter training and gun safety stuff when i was a teenager and have managed to get this far in life without shooting myself or anyone else...
now, if i want to (and i do) get a new faster varmit gun (cause i live in the country on a farm and need one) I have to take a 8 hour course on how to handle a gun.
Not that i disagree with some kind of safety course or brush up...but 8 hours? I asked the guy - "what the hell do you talk about with guns for 8 hours?"
he sez "we cover everything, a bit of safety, all the laws, and how to identify all the parts of a gun, how to convert calibre to millimeters, muzzle loading and black powder...."
OK. no interest in black powder or muzzle loaders. if i buy a .22, i'll buy .22 bullets for it...don't really care how many millimeters it is. I can rebuild a gun for you if you want...no biggy. Give me a handbook with the laws, i'll read it, since it's in my best interest to stay on this side of the penitentiary walls...an dammit, lets have a good safety walk through...but 8 hours???
if i own that gun for the rest of my life, i'd be surprised if it was in my hands for 8 hours!!

does similar nanny state exist in your world?
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Welcome to the world of liberal fears.
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

HDNB wrote:i wish we had a gun lobby in Canada........

does similar nanny state exist in your world?
Here we have a constitution that the founders of our country wrote so that we could not be subdued to become subjects again. And yes there are plenty of people here that live in denial and wish for a nanny state.

Not being political, just answering your question.
Using Google Search

thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

If you think that's an impostition best don't come to Vic au looking for a gun licence like Suzie is looking into now
http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.as ... t_ID=34323" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Click on some of the links in that link and watch ya few don't slacken
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

same bat-shit crazy stuff here http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/info ... er-eng.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

must be part of the joy of being a subject to the commonwealth. god save the queen.

i do like the AUS plain english though - being a "fit and proper person" - would be a paragraph of legalese here.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
contrahead
Trainee

Post by contrahead »

Hound Dog wrote:
Here we have a constitution that the founders of our country wrote so that we could not be subdued to become subjects again. And yes there are plenty of people here that live in denial and wish for a nanny state.

I wouldn't be too complacent if you know who gets elected. The legislators, Supreme Court and ‘nanny state-tors’ have been trying to ignore or side step the constitution for years now. The 'globalist` in this country are quickly multiplying and actually want to see a ‘one world government’. Take a look at this UN document dated 2013.
UN_gun_control.jpg
Omnia mea mecum porto
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

contrahead wrote:
Hound Dog wrote:

I wouldn't be too complacent if you know who gets elected. The legislators, Supreme Court and ‘nanny state-tors’ have been trying to ignore or side step the constitution for years now. The 'globalist` in this country are quickly multiplying and actually want to see a ‘one world government’. Take a look at this UN document dated 2013.
UN_gun_control.jpg
This is why there is such a push on the subject of "assault weapons". That is the first step.
Using Google Search

rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

contrahead, I'm fairly certain that the document you posted is fake... I know the world is rife with conspiracy theories but a little fact checking goes a long ways... Some people are far too quick to jump on the knee-jerk bandwagon these days... Don't feed the conspiracy frenzy... Even the NRA claims the document to be a fake...
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

Ok, here is an original Remington 03A3 with the Redfield scope mount and original Weaver M73 scope below. It's nice to have the Weaver scope but it was the first one they made and scopes have come a long way!
rps20161022_163912.jpg
rps20161022_163836.jpg
Using Google Search

contrahead
Trainee

Post by contrahead »

<snipped>
Last edited by contrahead on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnia mea mecum porto
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

The topic is RIFLES. :problem:

tp
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

I have a Finish Tikka with a Luepold scope I hadn't shot for ten+ years. I was afraid it had been knocked out of zero.

First shot...about 120 yards, military ammo, as accurate as every.

Ground hogs are digging under the barns. Came in about 25 lbs.
Guber r.jpg
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005