Booze on a cruise?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

stevenun
Novice

Booze on a cruise?

Post by stevenun »

So here's the deal, I'm going on a cruise pretty soon. They prohibit you bringing alcohol on board except for a bottle of wine.

I have a corker, some used store bought wine bottles, and a lovely batch of strawberry panty dropper that's a pretty red wine color.

Does anyone see a problem here? I can get some of the heat shrink able wine caps from the wine store, and it would look damn authentic.
Look here brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, but just get me through this one thing, and I can go back to killing you with beer. -Homer Simpson
BoisBlancBoy
Distiller

Re: Booze on a cruise?

Post by BoisBlancBoy »

I don't see an issue! Take it and enjoy!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I purchased a rum runner kit and put it inside the suit case in my pant legs of packed clothes. Never been an issue.
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

Listerine is available in many colors, including original formula (whiskey) and in large bottles. Wash, soak the inside in soap and water and fill with heads for a day.
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
goblin
Bootlegger

Post by goblin »

1+ bushman, i wear cargo shorts/pants and load the pockets with booze. make sure your belt is a good one.
that way u do not have to wait on your luggage. never lost any booze. if the seal is broke on a container, you might loose it.

be safe and dont tell
MitchyBourbon
Distiller

Post by MitchyBourbon »

Hey theosus,

Your plan sounds good to me. It reminds me of something I did when I was in college. Me, my brother and our girl friends planned a trip to Canada to go skiing. At that time they allowed each person to bring 1 bottle of wine across the border. So my brother and I decided to get 4 empty 4 liter wine jugs and fill them with our favorite beverage. So we made 16 liters of our home made kahlua... no joke 16 liters. We filled all 4 jugs and set off for Canada. Sure enough, when we got to the border crossing we got pulled off to the side. They found the four jugs and and one of the guards looks at me and says "aren't you boys pushing it just a bit?" She takes a closer look and says "Pretty strange looking wine don't you think, boys?" Well, we fessed up and told them it was kahlua. Pretty soon they had everybody there laughing about all that kahlua. Anyhow, the guard said they was gonna let us have our kahlua for providing them so much entertainment. Our ski trip was just 4 days, I don't think we even drank 1 liter.
I'm goin the distance...