this might get shut down

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

cob
Master of Distillation

Re: this might get shut down

Post by cob »

wag the dog, naa it's just a movie! right??
be water my friend
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

I think we need to set up a first amendment area in dc and see how they like it. Then again some say we should handle things like the fed does.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Dad, we manage our pasturage similar to the way you do it . Open range grazing takes similar management practices on a larger scale . It's not simply turn them loose and come back a year later to reap the profit .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
JBAR9
Bootlegger

Post by JBAR9 »

pfshine wrote:He should have to pay to use public nv land. Those fees should go to clark county or the state not the fed or blm foe which they do nothing. That being said they should have put a lein on his property or somthing of the like not come in with hundreds of armed to the teeth agents snipers helicopters and heavy equipment. Then steal his property put up a first amendment area tazer and assault people and throw pregnant woman to the ground. The whole thing was unconstitutional and an obnoxious show of force. As for the tortoises the blm is killing them by the hundreds.
Yeah, the BLM shot themselves in the foot when they showed up in force. Could have done it exactly like your saying with a lean or something much different then the way they went at it. But, some of those fees the BLM gets do go toward helping him out. Who do you think puts out the large range fires in this area? Their aint no Clark County wildland firefighters just some VFDs. I know its shit land and no one cares about it, but even little fires out there with some wind can take out over 100,000 acres and some homes too. So the BLM fees Bundy was suppose to be paying for would have supported his home not burning down and those acres his cows are eating up from being black. BLM is gonna put out them fires anyway, but its just like expecting to not pay taxes in New York City but still expect the NYFD to put out your highrise apartment fire. It dont work that way.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

I might be weird for this but i think wild fires should burn themselves out like nature intended. If you keep putting them out you get a masive 1988 Yellowstone fires. Fire isnt all bad it clears out the dead and makes room for the new. The jack pine can only get its seeds out with the help of fire. If you happen to live in a fire prone area you should take all steps to mitigate fire damage on your property like clear all fallen timber do control burns and put in a fire break not to mention have a really good fire suppression system on your house. Sorry jbar not trying to take food off your table.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

Truckinbutch...I know it was an oversimplification. Managed Properly he would make regular visits to move them from place to place and look for health. But I know there are those even around me that have a few hundred in a pasture and visit less than once a month. I regularly have to call a neighbor to tell them they have a problem (fence down or a death).

Washington D.C. should be THE First Amendment Zone.
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
aquavita
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by aquavita »

Given the rising costs of beef, I'd imagine that one might want to have someone with the cattle 24/7.
JBAR9
Bootlegger

Post by JBAR9 »

pfshine wrote:I might be weird for this but i think wild fires should burn themselves out like nature intended. If you keep putting them out you get a masive 1988 Yellowstone fires. Fire isnt all bad it clears out the dead and makes room for the new. The jack pine can only get its seeds out with the help of fire. If you happen to live in a fire prone area you should take all steps to mitigate fire damage on your property like clear all fallen timber do control burns and put in a fire break not to mention have a really good fire suppression system on your house. Sorry jbar not trying to take food off your table.
1000% correct logic pfshine. If only more folks thought this way, it wouldn't be a problem. As some folks were talking about earlier in the post, humans just aint good stewards of the land as a whole. I cant count how many times you see trees right up against a house with cedar shake roofing in fire prone areas. Not many make defensible space around their property and if these large fires were left to just run and a house burned down, you bet your ass the government would be sued by folks crying about no one there to protect their home or property. If communities made large fire breaks around themselves then yes, large fires could burn for the most part (taking into consideration special areas of species, watersheds, etc.). The fire world takes it from both sides. If too much or too little is burnt, the liberals cry about environmental issues and if too much or too little action is taken the conservatives bitch about rights of property ownership. Basically though, someone needs to bridge the gap and help manage the environment, the land, and personal property. I only see grazing fees as taxes to help support these functions. It dont have much to do with who actually owns the land.
SoMo
Distiller

Post by SoMo »

Well guys support is fleeting as this mans comments and racist attitude is killing his sympathy campaign. To say the negros should be picking cotton and still be slaves is rather disparaging to his cause.
Everything's better home made, everything!!
15.5 keg 7.75keg 2"pot still, Gold CM
Never look down on a man unless it's to help him up.
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

In my neck of the woods there is no gobberment land. Its all private. If I want to run my cows on some land I gotta pay. The only time that didn't happen is when we leased 100 acres out of town to plant corn. We planted corn, it grew, and then locals turned probly 50 pigs in on it to fatten them up. We found them when we got there to chop it. They made a mess of it. We didn't have a gun to shoot them but if we did we would still be eating pig. They got part of their fat pigs back and we got the shaft. Because of turning loose their swine that county now has a ferrule hog problem.
I think if the guy is gonna run his cows he has to pay. I don't what his granpa or great grandpa did that gives him no rights. Gobberment collecting million dollars I don't see that either. Shooting the cows, where is PETA when you really need them and why are they not all over this. Why would any body think they are entitled to anything that they don't have to pay for?
FullySilenced
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullySilenced »

This guy has turned into an idiot.... he may have had grazing rights or grandfathered something for the land use...

But his mouth is overloading his ass... digging a huge hole... which i don't think he will get out of...
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

Its a fight he will not win.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

If you actually listen to or read the whole comment it was meant to be pro black pro mexican and wants us to comw together. Uf somebody quoted me saying " I hate the black community" sounds racist huh but what was really said was I hate the black community being objurgated and oppressed by the federal government. See the difference? Each side of this thing wants to controll your mind by only telling you what they think you should think. Even if he was racist it still doesnt justify the fed coming in wirh snipers tazing people throwing pregnant woman to the ground sicking there dogs on people and trying to suppress the Americans first amendment rights.
Dan P.
Distiller

Post by Dan P. »

pfshine wrote: Even if he was racist it still doesnt justify the fed coming in wirh snipers tazing people throwing pregnant woman to the ground sicking there dogs on people and trying to suppress the Americans first amendment rights.
I'm always trying to sick my dogs on people. Never bloody works!
Having said that, friends don't let pregnant friends go to violent anti-federal crackpot protests.

Juuuuuust sayin'!
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

The only violent ones were the feds. And as for crackpot how would you feel if somebody came to your house with snipers and said this is now mine then taze you when you speak up about it because you were not in your designated first amendment area.
JBAR9
Bootlegger

Post by JBAR9 »

I think we can all agree that the media here is hyping everything up and spinning it the way they want to get the most hits on their webpages. First they dont explain the BLM/Fed side and go with the american fighting the bureaucy story with tazing and snipers included. Now they don'g give the whole context of Bundy's statement and go with the he's a crazy racist sovereign citizen story. Basically, anyone getting media reports is wholly in the dark on what is going on with this ordeal. Frankly I dont give much of a shit anymore, just want folks to be fully educated, which is hard to get the facts. Talked to a BLM officer the other day who was down in the wash and he said he thought he was about a minute away from being fired on. He didn't think the way they went about it was right, but Washington mandated it that way. Both sides were extremely aggressive and good thing someone backed down so nobody died over some damn cows.

But for anyone interested, look around at the Reno newspaper and find the land history of the area in question. There was an article about it somewhere. Or look up the Treaty of Guadalupe. Like I said before, I like small government and dont particularly like the BLM, but Nevada and Bundy never had a claim to this land. It was ceded to the Union after lost by Mexico and Nevada didnt want to manage it and handed it to the feds, long before any Bundy was there.

Hopefully everything works out for both sides and this is put to bed...
Dan P.
Distiller

Post by Dan P. »

pfshine wrote:The only violent ones were the feds. And as for crackpot how would you feel if somebody came to your house with snipers and said this is now mine then taze you when you speak up about it because you were not in your designated first amendment area.
I have difficulty enough getting my friends to visit my home, let alone my enemies!