A meeting of the minds

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: A meeting of the minds

Post by Brutal »

Planning to make a week out of it and get a hotel. (BTW the Wyndham has June blocked out still. I assume it's too early.) Planning to bring a tent though for the night we descend on Casa Woodshed. There is going to be entirely too much home made liquor to even think of driving to a hotel. I think we are all going to be smashed out of our minds. I am not on the coast but not that far. Going to check out maybe getting some bugs for you guys. I'm slightly allergic.. No bugs or fish for me. I'll be concentrating on roasts and corn based products. 8) 8) 8)
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

i was mentioning the meeting at woodsheds to my father. he said sounds fun and would like to join. may be able to make it after all :). will need to collect some pretty big beer bottles for transportation over the seas :lol: .
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Didn't even think about Wyndham, as an owner I see they have a resort in Pagosa, maybe I will bring my wife as the designated driver!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

WooTeck wrote:i was mentioning the meeting at woodsheds to my father. he said sounds fun and would like to join. may be able to make it after all :). will need to collect some pretty big beer bottles for transportation over the seas :lol: .
I wouldn't take the chance, I am sure since you are coming from overseas just showing up would be enough! It would also be fun if a bunch of us wore the shirts to next years annual ADI conference. I am sure a lot of folks would wonder what that was if enough shirts were walking around :D
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

When I first proposed this I honestly thought it would be maybe 10 people who would show interest. 6 of who would actually show up, mainly from this area. Truly underestimated this one.

Which is cool. Sounds like we may have some from across the pond. Freakin amazing the life this has taken on.

Please pm me when you commit. Trying to get a scope of the first meeting of S3. Might need a bigger grill :clap:

T shirts. We need to decide. Quicker we get em ya know.
Can we agree on splitting profits between HD and the effort to legalize?
I am good with offering more than one design. And am setting up a pay pal to take orders. Would like to do pre orders to start to keep my out of pocket down.

I would like someone else to be copied on all orders as well. Checks and balances. Any takers?

The shirts and the event are in no way affiliated with Woodshed Distilling
from a business or financial perspective.

I am gonna be in Vegas for a week and am honestly going to TRY and stay offline. The community at HD makes that damn tough.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I saw this getting bigger and bigger... Maybe not as many coming to wood sheds, but the shirts are huge... I'll take one of each design in xxl don't call me bigbob for nothing! Woodshed, enjoy your trip and try to forget us for a week or so!!! :thumbup:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

woodshed wrote: Which is cool. Sounds like we may have some from across the pond. Freakin amazing the life this has taken on.

you may have more than you boarding for :oops:
Please pm me when you commit. Trying to get a scope of the first meeting of S3. Might need a bigger grill :clap:
dads a scoutmaster and mother is used to cooking for 100+ folk... easy enough to build a fire pit and use a big old pot(im sure plenty of folk will have em :lol: ) make some chilli or all chip in and get some meat for a spit.
T shirts. We need to decide. Quicker we get em ya know.
Can we agree on splitting profits between HD and the effort to legalize?
I am good with offering more than one design. And am setting up a pay pal to take orders. Would like to do pre orders to start to keep my out of pocket down.
i personally would say only pre-orders. choose a design a size wait for the order to build up and buy in bulk with the money in the pay pal account.

I am gonna be in Vegas for a week and am honestly going to TRY and stay offline. The community at HD makes that damn tough.
enjoy you brake =
ill set up a poll in a separate thread to gauge the favourites
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

SSS/HD - meeting of the minds - Tshirt poll.

this is the current selection of designs. more may become available.
you get 3 votes to cast so use 'em wisely :D
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

Voted. Nice.
13fox
Novice

Post by 13fox »

Wow! This sounds like a great event. Is this an HD members who can attend kind of thing or just a limited few. I live in Colorado and would be avalible to volunteer and help in any way possible. The oppertunity for a new guy to mingle with the masters would be priceless.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Just did a mapquest and it is around 22 hour drive for me. I would be willing to bring my truck if anyone is interested in purchasing any of Mash Rookies stills. I will have more information and what's available later when I pick up all his equipment. With his ALS he is no longer
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Bushman wrote:Just did a mapquest and it is around 22 hour drive for me. I would be willing to bring my truck if anyone is interested in purchasing any of Mash Rookies stills. I will have more information and what's available later when I pick up all his equipment. With his ALS he is no longer
...Stilling?

i'd love to make an offer on his twisted shotgun condensor. I would treasure it!

if it just a matter of getting it gone, PM me a price.... if you would consider shipping it to me, i'd be interested. going across the border as a "used heat exchanger" would likely make it.

i'd be worried to carry across, should the guards want to pinch it.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

[quote="13fox"]Wow! This sounds like a great event. Is this an HD members who can attend kind of thing or just a limited few. I live in Colorado and would be avalible to volunteer and help in any way possible. The oppertunity for a new guy to mingle with the masters would be priceless.[/quote)

The event is open to all.
Any sales of mash rookies equipment will be done before the event.
I will not be involved at any level of distillation equipment being sold that is not done to the letter of the law. Too much to risk for me.
Vegas was an awesome break. Las Vegas distillery makes a fine drop.
The Evil Dead musical was a lot of fun. As was the climbing out at Red Rocks.

This spirit of this event is simply a chance for many of us to get together and celebrate our mutual interests. No seminars or classes will be held.
Nothing illegal outside the state of Colorado will be tolerated.
My hope is that an event such as this will further our chances of seeing this hobby become legalized. 420 events were prevelant before legalization. Grassroots and all. With the t shirt sales we can benefit the site as well as the movement.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

woodshed wrote:
13fox wrote:Wow! This sounds like a great event. Is this an HD members who can attend kind of thing or just a limited few. I live in Colorado and would be avalible to volunteer and help in any way possible. The oppertunity for a new guy to mingle with the masters would be priceless.[/quote)

The event is open to all.
Any sales of mash rookies equipment will be done before the event.
I will not be involved at any level of distillation equipment being sold that is not done to the letter of the law. Too much to risk for me.
Vegas was an awesome break. Las Vegas distillery makes a fine drop.
The Evil Dead musical was a lot of fun. As was the climbing out at Red Rocks.
If any equipment is sold I will make sure it's done one on one and not part of the event. Mash Rookie before getting ALS did get a permit to sell stills legally however with his condition he is unable to. I am not licensed just trying to help him out. Again I do not have details till I meet with him at the beginning of next month.
If this is not a good idea I will pursue other avenues.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

I assumed as much Bushman. Just felt it necessary to establish my stance. Although the event is not affiliated with Woodshed Distilling I need to be cautious.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Will get a link up in a few days for the shirts. PayPal will be the payment option. Account is set up.
Design is really a non issue in regards to price. Not enough to be concerned about if people here step up and buy them. At 12 bucks a tee
Plus shipping your at 18. That's if they all come to me and I send them. That's bottom dollar shipping from here. Sell for 30. I know, a lot for a t-shirt but 6 of that goes to HD and 6 to the legalization of the craft for all.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I'm in, thanks for doing all this woodshed. And woo tec!!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Put me down as %100 for getting at least one shirt. I can't make the event but I love the shirt designs and the money will be well spent. Shoot I get $6 worth from here every time i log on!!!
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

I've been concerned with the legalities of this since you announced. please make sure there is nothing that can damage your business, and everone that attends needs to make a pledge to stay legal and not bring any disparagement on the gathering. If you can't keep it under control...don't plan on being there.
Otherwise, we'll give a 30 second headstart as TB loads up his Sharp.
plan on barring the gate before the first shot is poured.
I'd like to lobby for a more expensive golf shirt with a tasteful S3 on the left shoulder or left breast. say 45 -50 bucks worth?

now i drink for evil.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

woodshed wrote:Will get a link up in a few days for the shirts. PayPal will be the payment option. Account is set up.
Design is really a non issue in regards to price. Not enough to be concerned about if people here step up and buy them. At 12 bucks a tee
Plus shipping your at 18. That's if they all come to me and I send them. That's bottom dollar shipping from here. Sell for 30. I know, a lot for a t-shirt but 6 of that goes to HD and 6 to the legalization of the craft for all.
Sounds great, I'm in!
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

I got a PayPal. HDNB kinda confused me but I'm alright. I'm the kind of guy you want there.
Windy City
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Windy City »

Thanks Woodshed for all your hard work and your genorosity for hosting this. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Will definitely order some tees will pay extra if you do the polos also.
Looking forward to getting together, should be one hell of a good time.

Thanks Again
Windy City
The liver is evil and must be punished
Cranky"s spoon feeding for new and novice distillers
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Brutal wrote:I got a PayPal. HDNB kinda confused me but I'm alright. I'm the kind of guy you want there.
my day job has me mitigating risks; trying to figure out what can go wrong before it does and putting protocol in place to avoid it.
what i'm saying is that: if you over serve a friend and allow him to drive and he runs over a family on his way home...you are just as guilty and liable as he is.
One Loser showing up pissed cause he could not wait for the last ten miles to go by...and we run the risk of sullying a good man's name. nothing i would want a part of.

if there is no rules, no expectations of lawful behaviour and more than 3 people show up...shit can get out of hand in a hurry.

just sayin, I think there has to be an expectation of good, clean fun. Act like a Pro hobbiest...just like we self-police the site, so we gotta protect woodshed too. not my place though...so i'll STFU now.

now i drink for evil.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

HDNB wrote:just sayin, I think there has to be an expectation of good, clean fun. Act like a Pro hobbiest...just like we self-police the site, so we gotta protect woodshed too.
:clap: :thumbup:
that should be number one on the priorities off all that attend.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

The concerns brought forth are all valid. Of course I expect all to behave as adults. The night or two at casa woodshed will have a service in place to get you back to town if you do not want to camp or crash on the floor.

We have one spare bedroom but tons of space upstairs.
Who will be the first to call shotgun on the room? If Woo Teck comes across the pond for this that would be priority for the room.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

woodshed wrote:If Woo Teck comes across the pond for this that would be priority for the room.
hahaha. im a young'in i can pretty much sleep anywhere, a bit off wood or some grass would suit me fine as long as you dont have to many wild animals kicking about :lol:. im sure there will be people who would appreciate it better mabey with a dodgy back or something :moresarcasm:
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Good with that. Looks like the bed is up for grabs. I once slept on bags of coffee on top of a bus in Ecuador. 6 hours of great sleep. Been in the high peaks for 2 weeks. Needed it.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Im fond of staring at the stars until I fall asleep. Or a smalp backpack tent if the weather is dicey.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Jimbo, if I leave now in the sailboat I should make it to Iceland and back before the S3 meeting. Windy said he would drive over and pick you up if you would rather travel by land.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

there should be a contingent of us riding together from the Iceland area. Windy is talking about getting a land yacht to sail over on.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion