PNW Meeting Summer 2015

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

PNW Meeting Summer 2015

Post by bearriver »

Yeah, it's another meet and greet thread. :roll: I don't have a sufficient income for traveling outside my immediate area, so I thought an Oregon/Washington meeting would be nice for folks like myself and/or those that would just like to be there.

It can be a private event if enough members are interested. We have a home 30 minutes south of Seattle that is more than suitable for entertaining a large group of guests. Unfortunately it is a 1/4 acre lot in a cul-de-sac...

Or, there are countless festivals and events to choose from in a more public setting. The Proof festival would be appropriate, but it might be cost prohibitive for some due to the entry fee.

I am looking to get this locked down, at the latest before the winter is over. The schedule will be made to fit the majority's open calender.

Anyone interested? Suggestions?

Moderator edit: I'm adding the following to this post per bearriver's request:
bearriver wrote:Ok the date is unofficially set, July 11th at Fremont Studios. Make your plans.

If a mod would delete my my OP, and replace it the following quote I would appreciate it. "There will be a HD membership meeting at Fremont Studios, Seattle, attending the The Washington Distiller's Guild holding the third annual PROOF Event July 11th. See you there. The date is chosen but the venue contract has not been signed as of yet. Any information I receive from Melinda the Event Manager about the event will be added to this thread below. I have added the most recent E-Mail I received from Melinda to this post.

Thanks
Melinda Haynes - Senior Marketing & Events Manager wrote:Hi Jordan,
Thanks for your email. Yes, we are in the planning mode for PROOF 2015! Our date is July 11th and we will be back at Fremont Studios. We are just finalizing a few things before we make an official announcement.

Tickets for the event will go on sale in May. Would you like me to add your email to our email list regarding the event? We will send out a "save the date" announcement once we sign our venue contract.

Thanks,
Melinda

Melinda Haynes
Senior Marketing & Events Manager
Varsity Communications, Inc.
425-412-7070 x 110 • 888-273-1763 (fax)
varsitygolfshows.com
tastewashington.org • thenewvintage.org
vintagespokane.com • proofwashington.org

Follow us on Twitter!
@tastewashington
@20somethingwine
@vintagespokane
@proofwashington
"
Last edited by bearriver on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Re: PNW Meeting Summer 2015

Post by woodshed »

If I can fit it in during the summer I will fly out.
Will be following this thread to see when a date gets locked down.
Would love to get back up to Seattle.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

I'm in! Got kids in Port Orchard and Spanaway. Getting the SOH up for a trip to the PNW should be a snap. :)

tp
Red Rim
Trainee

Post by Red Rim »

5 hour drive, I am in. Miss the Sound anyhow. I could host at my humble abode as well, in the country just off I-5 .
There is no such thing as a stupid question....... Unless you didn't research it first.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Mmm. Closer yet! :thumbup:

tp
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

36 hr drive or $500 plane ticket, I would love to be there but money says no.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Start saving up now.

tp
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

If I didn't have a wife and kids I'd saddle up a horse and leave now visiting members on the way. The ultimate road trip.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Coyote
retired

Post by Coyote »

Save me a spot at the bar/table or 2.

I would vote for something Columbia River gorge,
Central Washington

Mid May, Say the 16th
Before it gets really fricking hot

and before the farm work gets rolling too fast

Coyote
"Slow Down , You'll get a more harmonious outcome"
"Speed & Greed have no place in this hobby"
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Wow fellas, it would be an honor to meet each of you.

@ Jed, That is the quote I got for Thanksgiving diner. :sad: The kids will be grown one day, and I'll be able to spend that kind of money on myself.

In an effort to make this work for the majority, I am going to figure out how to post 2 polls in the OP. One where we can vote on the suggested locations, and another for the time frame. It will be at least a week or two before posting the polls so everyone can get a chance to throw in their 2 bits, and ideas.

@ Coyote: That is not a bad idea. The gorge is a very popular location in the summer and always has events running.
sambedded
Trainee

Post by sambedded »

+1

I like an idea to meet, but I'd prefer fall/winter.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I would have to have plenty of advanced notice to make sure my wife hasn't filled the calendar. My meeting this year with Odin was 2 years in the making.
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

I am, by no means, anywhere near the PNW. However, if you guys get something planned, I'd love to try and fly out. I'm limited to two 750 bottles in my checked baggage (I think?), but I have two spirits finishing now that I'll put aside just in case I can go.

I'd like to try and make this PNW gathering, Woodshed, and Jedfest. That would make for an excellent 2014/2015 year... not to mention the 2015 ADI conference in Louisville.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
copper sweat
Swill Maker

Post by copper sweat »

Count me in just about any time works for me.i just have to bribe the boss man lol :mrgreen:
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

This meet will take place at Proof Washington Distiller's Festival. (Link: http://proofwashington.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow) The date for 2015 has not been chosen, and will likely fall in between June and July. When they choose an official date, I will post it here ASAP.

After the event, will be round 2. My home will be open to guests, drinking, and general shenanigans. It's a 30 minute drive South without traffic, double that in rush hour. Musical instruments are encouraged. Anyone interested in that can ask me about it at the event in Seattle, or PM me if you will not be attending the event.

If anyone would like to talk about a different sort of meeting in the the area, I encourage you to use this thread to do so.
Bob Loblaw
Swill Maker

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Count me in! This year's Proof festival was right down the hill from me in Fremont, but I had a conflict so I missed it. Would love to attend next year also meet some fellow forum members.
Easiest way to avoid being on a TTB list is to not purchase a boiler, full column, or condensor from a retailer. Build your own.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Wear a red carnation so we know each other. ;)

tp
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

T-Pee wrote:Wear a red carnation so we know each other. ;)

tp
That will look classy with my Larry the Cable guy style tee shirt. :lolno: :sarcasm:

When more information from the guild is released, I will make preperations for the attending members to meet at the same place at the same time just prior to the event. This way we can all make our proper introductions.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Thanks for the update, Bearriver, sounds like a great excuse to travel out that way.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Coyote
retired

Post by Coyote »

That would be a great time, but with
hay on the ground, and wheat harvest starting
in July

Oh and fire watch
and summer salmon season on

May works better for me

Enjoy it boys!

If anyone wants to put together a May get together let me know

Coyote
"Slow Down , You'll get a more harmonious outcome"
"Speed & Greed have no place in this hobby"
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

It's been a busy summer for me around the home stead so I haven't been around the forum much. I would love to meet the gang but man it's tough to leave the woods and head for the big city and getting tougher the older I get. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what happens. If I get up there, I'll be the old basterd in the romeos blue jeans and a Seahawks hat. OMD
Sometimes I wonder why is that Frisbee getting bigger......and then it hits me.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Sounds like a great time, OMD do I need to drive down and pick you up :sarcasm:
MyUncleMo
Swill Maker

Post by MyUncleMo »

Summer is my busy season - but also willing to watch and wait. Fremont is great... sans parking... I'll be the guy with the wife next to him saying "you should try this..." ALOT!
My Uncke Mo taught me how to make apple Jack when I was in 6th Grade.

Questions? Read this first...
http://ww.homedistiller.org/forum/viewt ... 15&t=52975
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Bushman wrote:Sounds like a great time, OMD do I need to drive down and pick you up :sarcasm:
That might work Bushman, the county I live in had a total of 12 traffic lights for most of my life, nowa days I can't be sure how many it has, it's like 16 or 18 now. A man can't go anyplace without runnin into one of them GD things anymore. Got me a new toy though just for things like this but don't sound like there'd be anywhere to park it.
Attachments
003 (600 x 450).jpg
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

OlympicMtDoo wrote:
Bushman wrote:Sounds like a great time, OMD do I need to drive down and pick you up :sarcasm:
Got me a new toy though just for things like this but don't sound like there'd be anywhere to park it.
Nice digs! :thumbup:

If nothing else park it in my driveway and unhook to get around. 30-45 minutes South of Seattle in a much less populated area. I got 3 dobermans. There aint a soul alive that will come messing around your stuff.
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Sounds good bearriver, might work out.
Bob Loblaw
Swill Maker

Post by Bob Loblaw »

It's not a certainty that Proof 2015 will be in Fremont. That's just where it was last year.
Easiest way to avoid being on a TTB list is to not purchase a boiler, full column, or condensor from a retailer. Build your own.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Wherever it is, it will most certainly will be in Seattle.

I sent an e-mail to the manager for 13'-14' who referenced me to this next year's manager. Waiting for a reply from him, hopefully with the official location and date.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Ok the date is unofficially set, July 11th at Fremont Studios. Make your plans.

If a mod would delete my my OP, and replace it the following quote I would appreciate it. "There will be a HD membership meeting at Fremont Studios, Seattle, attending the The Washington Distiller's Guild holding the third annual PROOF Event July 11th. See you there. The date is chosen but the venue contract has not been signed as of yet. Any information I receive from Melinda the Event Manager about the event will be added to this thread below. I have added the most recent E-Mail I received from Melinda to this post.

Thanks
Melinda Haynes - Senior Marketing & Events Manager wrote:Hi Jordan,
Thanks for your email. Yes, we are in the planning mode for PROOF 2015! Our date is July 11th and we will be back at Fremont Studios. We are just finalizing a few things before we make an official announcement.

Tickets for the event will go on sale in May. Would you like me to add your email to our email list regarding the event? We will send out a "save the date" announcement once we sign our venue contract.

Thanks,
Melinda

Melinda Haynes
Senior Marketing & Events Manager
Varsity Communications, Inc.
425-412-7070 x 110 • 888-273-1763 (fax)
varsitygolfshows.com
tastewashington.org • thenewvintage.org
vintagespokane.com • proofwashington.org

Follow us on Twitter!
@tastewashington
@20somethingwine
@vintagespokane
@proofwashington
"
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sltm1 »

I'm a definite maybe...best I can do for now.
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
Every new member should read this before doing anything else: