Hijack my thread

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hijack my thread

Post by MoonBreath »

A friend of mine asks for a pint of corn every now and again ..
Found out every time his wife finds it, she dumps it down the sink. :wtf:
I don't let him have any more ..
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

The truth has finally come out about why Harrison Ford crashed.
FETT 3.JPG
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Dang boba is running loose.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

MoonBreath wrote:A friend of mine asks for a pint of corn every now and again ..
Makes you wonder wtf is wrong with people. I got the cousins wife back last summer. She made strawberry jam and was just finishing up when I walked in. "You want to try some?" she asked "fuck that, I ain't trying that shit, I'll stick to store bought jam, thank you very much" It went on for a bit until she caught on. "Seriously, you don't want to try some?" I wrinkled my nose up, is there bugs in it or did bears piss on the berry's or anything? No way, It stinks, that's not real jam, that's gross, look at the pink foam all over it, gross, you're not going to poison me with homemade shit.

When she caught on she got all pissy saying what she's making is safe and can't make you go blind, etc. I laughed and said to keep eating your pectin and all that sugar, yeah, that's real good for you and yes over cooking pectin releases enzimes that are worse on your liver than methanol.(yeah I was making it up but it freaked her out)
When everything calmed down I said whether the jam is good or not, is not the point. For me to stick my nose up and call something you spent a lot of time and effort to make, "shit", without even trying it is quite ignorant isn't it? She agreed and said sorry. (she'll never try my stuff as she doesn't drink..but she knows what's good or bad??? :crazy: )

My cousin loves my stuff and we always go through a quart or two when I'm there, and no hangover the next morning, but she's still not impressed but at least now she bites her tongue.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

goinbroke2 wrote:My cousin loves my stuff and we always go through a quart or two when I'm there, and no hangover the next morning, but she's still not impressed.
Yeah, none of us can figger it out either.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

buddy is an incorrigible lush. never in all of time, seen his wife drink anything. ever. took over a couple jars of whiskey and she dove in head first sampling all the different flavours. apparently homemade jam sits well with her.

staying on topic:

Friggin ozzies :moresarcasm: ...many thanks to watoom for posting this :lolno: http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=55163

it was funny until i showed the fam damily. Now everyone is walking around the saying "yeah, yeah, yeah." "yeah Gary, that's it." "Yeah Gary."
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Everyone should have a goat to shit on their shitty cah...
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
Drunk-N-Smurf
Rumrunner

Post by Drunk-N-Smurf »

So...I heard Someone had a can of worms in here? I could open that for Ya if ya want? I'm real good at it 8)
Hangover? I don't get no stinking hangover!
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

I got a can of whoop ass- anyone want that?
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

I need one GA. I lost my last one.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Ask your wife for a quick fix.
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

I would but she don't know quick fix, its on and on and on and on and on. I am scared of 1 person in this world and I am almost a foot taller than her. Her eyes get red and her nostils flair out. I needed that can to even think I could compete with her. I think she has lilttle girl syndrome. She drags her chair with her everywhere she goes just so she can get up in my face.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Why is that? I Am 6-5, 350lbs. My wife....5/4 maybe ... Won't say her weight, afraid to. She knows how to handle an iron skillet thou.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

LOL HB! Sounds like she owns a can of whoop ass!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Drunk-N-Smurf
Rumrunner

Post by Drunk-N-Smurf »

I'm not good a opening those cans. I got one open by accident once, and it spilled all over me.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Drunk-N-Smurf wrote:I'm not good a opening those cans. I got one open by accident once, and it spilled all over me.
You need to carefully read the label cautions on them 'Whup-Ass' cans and follow them to the letter . Failure to do that can lead to disastrous consequences to the user . Such consequences are often described by the Medical Examiner as an acute failure in the victim selection process .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
johnarms
Novice

Post by johnarms »

T-Pee wrote:Meh. Sharks don't bother me none. I got Radded long ago.

tp (and his fading emotional scarring)
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Rad is one thing.... My wife makes rad look like Snow White .
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

MoonBreath wrote:A friend of mine asks for a pint of corn every now and again ..

Well, I did give him another pint jar ...Give it to him 2-3 wks ago ...Friday afternoon I was over his house betting horses on tvg ..Anyways, he brings the jar I give him in the room and says, "its not as good as when it was fresh"...I grabbed the jar, which was half full, and smelled it and it smelled ok, tho it didn't smell good and strong ...I took a little drink and DAMN, it'd been watered down all to hell ..Wouldn't even burn ...I'll never ........................! :lolno:
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
Drunk-N-Smurf
Rumrunner

Post by Drunk-N-Smurf »

Truckinbutch wrote:
Drunk-N-Smurf wrote:I'm not good a opening those cans. I got one open by accident once, and it spilled all over me.
You need to carefully read the label cautions on them 'Whup-Ass' cans and follow them to the letter . Failure to do that can lead to disastrous consequences to the user . Such consequences are often described by the Medical Examiner as an acute failure in the victim selection process .
No kiddin. Lost three guitars and a couple nice likker bottles during that accidental opening lol.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Drunk-N-Smurf wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:
No kiddin. Lost three guitars and a couple nice likker bottles during that accidental opening lol.
You ain't nothing but lucky . My only encounter with that resulted in me losing 2 teeth , my wonderful unscared complexion , and my self imposed image that I was a badass . I think I might have shared that encounter over on 'The Liar's Bench' . If I didn't , you might want to bring it up there . The lasting lesson I learned was :'Don't Fuck With An Old Man '! And if you survive that lesson and get to be an old man , like I am now , you have to pass that lesson on to a youngster once in a while .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

That can used to be good any more it ends in a law suit. They go to the judge and say he broke my knee cap off and broke my arm bla bla bla. I say he shouldn't have swung on me it was self defense and get off. But ehata Hassel.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

pfshine wrote:That can used to be good any more it ends in a law suit. They go to the judge and say he broke my knee cap off and broke my arm bla bla bla. I say he shouldn't have swung on me it was self defense and get off. But ehata Hassel.
Nawp . Today , you just make sure that if there is any investigation , only the winning side can testify .
Tokoroa_Shiner
Distiller

Post by Tokoroa_Shiner »

If they can't talk, they can't tell. :wink:
Must read topics for new members

The Rules By Which We Live By
Safety And Related Issues
New Distillers Reading Lounge

Have Fun, Keep Safe and Shine On
Drunk-N-Smurf
Rumrunner

Post by Drunk-N-Smurf »

Tomorrow feels like a good day to wake up, grab a cup of coffee and start my strip runs.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If there's one advantage of being laid off, it's the ability to run whenever the hell you feel like it.
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

D-N-S,
I couldnt agree more. I have a 5 gal pot still and Four (4) 5 gal fermentors running UJSSM....that equals 4 stripping runs and one LONG ass spirit run A WEEK...WoooWeeee the Likker is way better than store bought but..... The SOH thinks I am NOT looking for some work. I am working the interwebs before I even FILL the still.. but anyway it is keeping me busy and I had a little corn and sugar put away....
Anyone know where a good place to buy some cracked wheat is??? Or someone needing a good ops mgr???
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here
Drunk-N-Smurf
Rumrunner

Post by Drunk-N-Smurf »

ranger_ric wrote:D-N-S,
I couldnt agree more. I have a 5 gal pot still and Four (4) 5 gal fermentors running UJSSM....that equals 4 stripping runs and one LONG ass spirit run A WEEK...WoooWeeee the Likker is way better than store bought but..... The SOH thinks I am NOT looking for some work. I am working the interwebs before I even FILL the still.. but anyway it is keeping me busy and I had a little corn and sugar put away....
Anyone know where a good place to buy some cracked wheat is??? Or someone needing a good ops mgr???
I keep the iPad nearby to watch Netflix while I still, or lately, to scour the want ads. Kill two birds with one stone.

I just posted a reply in your cracked wheat thread too btw.
Drunk-N-Smurf
Rumrunner

Post by Drunk-N-Smurf »

I love this topic/thread. It's a great dumping ground for random one post topics, such as....

THE MUTHA F'N GEESE ARE BACK! A flock just flew over with their fresh southern accents (hawnk hawnk)

Spring is truly upon us here in the great white north.
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

Funny thing is I NEVER see or hear those birds fly NORTH... I almost always notice them migrating SOUTH.... Are they Silent when heading North??? What the hell is up with that..
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here
Tokoroa_Shiner
Distiller

Post by Tokoroa_Shiner »

Maybe they just always going south. Right round the globe. Haha
Must read topics for new members

The Rules By Which We Live By