Free entertainment

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Free entertainment

Post by bearriver »

Let me start off by saying this is legal on the user end (you). Outside the USA you may or may not have to setup a VPN service which I cannot help you with. However there are many YouTube videos on the subject. I am here today to help guide you into independence from the over priced cable companies and their brainwashing commercials.

Introduction to KODI: KODI is the world's most powerful media center, and everything is free.

It is an open source program supporting almost any device you can imagine. It is the successor to XBMC which is now unsupported. I will cover the supported devices later in this post. Chances are you already own one in your pocket...

What does this mean? Well among many things I won't be covering, it basically means free entertainment. This includes, but not limited to the ability to watch television shows as they air without commercials, to watch the latest movies, have a TV guide with over a thousand live channels, custom programming, YouTube without commercials, emulation of your favorite retro video games, live news, weather reports, hundreds of music addons, and countless other features that I have not addressed. Right there on your TV, Phone, Tablet, PC, laptop or any supporting device. Today I will walk you through the easiest method to get some of the greatest addons. We will use Fusion. Remember, if you aint fusion you snoozing. I have been using this program (XBMC) for about 2 years now. It is AMAZING. Let's begin!

First you need the build of KODI designed for your device. You can get it here: http://kodi.tv/download/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Note for Android users only
: If you are using an android with an Intel chipset (SoC), or project Denver (Nexus 9), you will likely DL the version labeled as the x86 version. However almost everyone does not and will be using the build labeled as (arm). Once downloaded, Android will show a message warning you about third party software. You will ignore this warning and enter your settings/security menu. There you will enable the option designated as (unknown sources). After this you may proceed with your installation.

Once booted up on your device, or PC, you will have to configure it for what you want it to be able to do. There are countless YouTube videos on the subject to help you. Here I will outline the simplest method which I greatly prefer. This will get you some of the best addons available. (But nowhere near all of them)

Once on the KODI desktop, I want you to highlight (not click) SYSTEM. Below will appear 4 icons. Click the second one which says "File Manager"

Now Click "Add source"

In the field below the blue words that say "Enter the paths or browse for the media locations", you will type this URL EXACTLY without the quotes. " http://fusion.tvaddons.ag//" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow"

Click enter

Now in the box below words "Enter a name for this media Source." You will type this without the quotes: ".Fusion"

Click enter

Press OK

Press escape, or the home button to return to the desktop.

Click on "SYSTEM"

Click on "ADD-ons"

Click "Install from zip file"

Click ".Fusion"

Click "start-here"

Click "plugin.video.hubwizard - 1.1.9.zip"

Go back to the home screen and wait for an icon to appear that says hubwizard has been successfully installed.

Click "Programs"

Click "Config Wizard"

Click the icon which represents your operating system, such as Windows or Android...

When asked if you want "TVADDONS.AG to customize your add-on selection" click yes. Obviously. :roll:

Wait. DONE!!!!

Once done your desktop will have several shortcuts to some pretty amazing sources such as Genesis and 1Channel, check them all out. Video addons will be in the video section, music in the music section...etc

You can click on "Videos" on the home screen and browse the available addons for DL as well. You can also browse GUI skins, program Addons, PVR clients for live tv, music addons...ect. Click on any of the ones you want and they will be made available to you. No BS, no subscriptions, no money!

I can watch Perry Mason episodes from the 50's, all the way up to my favorite show which doesn't come on cable for another hour! The options are certain to blow you away.

If you have any problems configuring KODI, or want to know how to get a certain feature working, please PM me so we can keep this thread free of clutter. I am happy to help you kick the cable companies where the deserve it!

Now go watch moonshiners without commercials :sick: :moresarcasm:

EDIT: KODI is supported on the OUYA, Android 2.2 -5.01, Apple, IOS, Raspberry Pi, Linux based OS such as Ubuntu, Windows, and kodibuntu.

My hands down favorite option is a MK808 or MK808b (with bluetooth). This is a $35 device that runs KODI flawlessly. There are more modern options available with higher performing chipsets. This is not a necessity but they are nice to have for gaming, multitasking, and servers. If you want to shop android TV boxes, I recommend looking at geekbuying. They have an amazon store and their own website. Here is a link to the android TV boxes section: http://m.geekbuying.com/Category/Produc ... 1547&ref=w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

You just gave up spending $1,500 or more a year on television/entertainment services, and are now getting a BETTER service for free. Feels good doesn't it? You bet your ass it feels good. I'm gonna go watch my favorite show right now that just came on, for free.

:wave:

Edit again: JoeNobody010101 is a channel on YouTube that has some amazing tutorials on how to setup different addons for KODI. I strongly suggest you subscribe to his channel. The guy is funny as all get out but he is extremely crude. If you are sensitive to strong language then I suggest looking for another channel to help you with your KODI needs. Link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... tI5Y5_IuWw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

EDIT Again, again :tired: Joe's channel got hacked. His new channel can be located here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWDjfC ... zQ6O7vs_Pw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow There are no new videos yet, but any new videos will get posted there. I strongly suggest you subscribe to both channels for now. :thumbup:
Last edited by bearriver on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Re: Free entertainment

Post by woodshed »

You rule bro. Thanks.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

I did this on my tablet because my daughter busted my keyboard with a smoothie. I'll fix any spelling errors and add better detail once I get my new keyboard in the mail.

Again if anyone has any questions regarding an issue or error code, please, send them to me via PM. I get notifications on my mobile devices and will answer your questions in a more timely manner. Thank you! You could also send me the crash log if you experience any crashes.

I almost forgot a couple tips. First, get yourself a nice controller remote. For younger folks I would recommend something like the ipazzport, or a generic flying mouse. Older folks might benefit from a wireless mouse/keyboard combo from Wal-Mart. Logitech has $30, $50, and $70 options depending on your preferences. I like this $21 option from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless ... ouse+combo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

When you are browsing TV shows or movies in KODI, you can hover the pointer icon over an arrow on the left hand side of the screen. Here you can change the view from "list" to a view more similar to Netflix. This gives you album art, cover art, fan art, show dates, and a description of your selections with ratings ripped from IMBD.

Jimbo better get on this. I just found a Victoria Secret channel add-on!!! :shock: :ebiggrin:
Last edited by bearriver on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Last, but not least. If you come to this thread to raise controversy...

I WILL mop the floor with you. You can beat that drum somewhere else. This thread is for helping people who are tired of being stepped on by giant media corperations.

I am not recommending what material to watch. That is up to you. But to be crystal clear: Downloading pirated material IS illegal. Streaming pirated material via XBMC KODI IS NOT. Nuff said.

Thanks.
Last edited by bearriver on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Bearriver, just saying thank you for this. I am a supporter of freeware (hate apple and microsoft...until my last computer died I always ran Ubuntu...with all the free office progs ms makes you pay for, and loved GIMP rather than spend hundreds for PS)

So I am also thinking you mentioned kobibuntu...suggesting linux based? If so, that's another bonus. I would assume no problems of it installing on Ubuntu or backtrack then, correct? New laptop soon so Def gonna get this...already have VPN so I can get US netflix.

Edit: finally had chance to look at page. Question answered. Bein a fan of 'nix, how did I ever not find this!? Thanks again!
Last edited by moosemilk on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

One question, I have a smart tv hooked to the internet, can I do it on that? (and yes I'm in Canada) No idea of the operating system of a....samsung I think it is.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

thats awesome thanks bare. i have netflix but things get tough when you have watched all the good stuff.
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

bearriver wrote:Last, but not least. If you come to this thread to raise controversy...

I WILL mop the floor with you. You can beat that drum somewhere else. This thread is for helping people who are tired of being stepped on by giant media corperations.

Thanks.
Feeling our oats are we? :D
DeepSouth
Swill Maker

Post by DeepSouth »

So the only monthly charge for something like this is your internet service provider? I'm assuming the quality of video is also dictated by the amount of bandwith you have?
Rich Grain Distilling Co., DSP-MS-20003
http://www.richdistilling.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
https://www.facebook.com/richgraindistillingco/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
thatguy1313
Distiller

Post by thatguy1313 »

Just downloaded to my phone. That shit is the cats ass, sir :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
No, officer, I wasn't distilling alcohol! It was probably that guy!

Important information for new distillers
thisguy
Swill Maker

Post by thisguy »

Best thing since sliced bread, bear. Have it on my tablet, hooked up to my TV with a bluetooth keyboard to control it all. Super happy! Thanks a bunch! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Lighting new cigarettes
Pouring more Drinks
It has been a beautiful Fight
Still Is

Work hard and say its easy...Cranky's Spoon Feeding
Concentric Still Build
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

moosemilk wrote:So I am also thinking you mentioned kobibuntu...suggesting linux based? If so, that's another bonus. I would assume no problems of it installing on Ubuntu or backtrack then, correct?
Kodibuntu is the operating system. You can multi boot or run it exclusively. With the latest implementations of android, replacing it with a Linux based OS has never been easier. Pretty much works on anything.
goinbroke2 wrote:One question, I have a smart tv hooked to the internet, can I do it on that? (and yes I'm in Canada) No idea of the operating system of a....samsung I think it is.
Should work. Samsung "smart" tvs usually run android. Never played with one so if they didn't gut a bunch of features, your good. If they did gut features like being able to install from unknown sources, then install a custom ROM via Odin (Samsung's factory flashing toolkit). Or get a MK808...
corene1 wrote: Feeling our oats are we? :D
Yes. Ive seen this become a flame war more than once, and don't want to go down that road.
DeepSouth wrote:So the only monthly charge for something like this is your internet service provider? I'm assuming the quality of video is also dictated by the amount of bandwith you have?
Yup, that's how the ball rolls. You can watch standard definition links with DSL. I did for the last year living in the deep country. :thumbup:

You enjoy this folks. You don't have to thank me, I'm not a developer. I don't let my friends or family go without this great service. That is unless they actually like spending almost 2 grand a year. :crazy:
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

This is great. I've tried and had friends that trued similar things with varying degrees of success. I don't really watch TV anymore, and I have been keeping my cable service so it would be easier for the wife and kids to use. This looks like they could definitely handle it. I have a few devices to work with to start but have been wanting to build an HTPC for a while anyway.
Thanks for sharing Sir!
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

I've just finished installation on all my electricals and my soh's good post now to work out how to stream tv
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Ill also post a descriptive list of my favorite add-ons later.

If there are any gamers out there, express some interest and I'll cover some cool stuff there as well.
WooTeck wrote: how to stream tv
The thing with Live TV using a TV guide is this. Some of the best add-ons that do that have been abandoned by their developers over the last month. PVR clients work really well, but you don't get a TV guide. I have used MASHUP for around 2 years now with great success, but things evolve and the old ways of doing things became unsupported. There are other TV guide add-ons but I haven't had the time or desire to test them yet.

Like I said, subscribe to the channel I mentioned in the bottom of the OP. When a rock solid method of using a TV guide pops up (Only a matter of time) Joe will cover how to get it done. He might already have for all I know... I will eventually do the same thing here, but I need some time to figure out a method that will work for everyone. That includes testing it on several different devices on different networks. :eugeek:

(EDIT: Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tckXuTgqbvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow )
Last edited by bearriver on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

bearriver wrote: Joe will cover how to get it done. He might already have for all I know... I will eventually do the same thing here, but I need some time to figure out a method that will work for everyone. That includes testing it on several different devices on different networks. :eugeek:
I think he has but I was struggling to watch the video and do it. Will try again later

His videos are funny. He would be quite a character irl
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Might try this on my PCBSD desktop later.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
ben stiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ben stiller »

thanks just finished the install. Just what I was looking for.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Uncle Jesse wrote:Might try this on my PCBSD desktop later.
Let me know if you like it :thumbup:

You are very welcome folks, I am glad you all enjoy it. With all the time you save not watching commercials, you can spend it here!Or with your SOH...
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Hey bear, just installed on wifes laptop. Works fantastic. In canada and not using vpn. Wife is at work and I just got threatened to wait for her when I told heri was watching american sniper lol. Putting it on her tablet now
FullySilenced
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullySilenced »

Make sure you have high speed internet and bandwidth cause you will need both..

Been doing it for years great program..

FS
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Just wondering if anybody could tell me if I could find episodes of Mrs. Browns Boys. Love that show.
apdb
Swill Maker
Location: big ole'island on the West Coast Canada, soon to be underwater when the big one hits

Post by apdb »

would love a quick blurb about gaming to get me started.... thanks for this
Aaron
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

apdb wrote:would love a quick blurb about gaming to get me started.... thanks for this
Aaron
Will do. I'll make an emulator walk through. Been too preoccupied with personal life issues of late to continue progress on another tutorial, but it will happen soon. :thumbup: If you are on android, "OnLive" is a pretty cool app where you can stream recent titles. You only get to play a game for 1 hour to test them, then you have to pay full price for the rights of the game to continue. However, if you have a short attention span like myself 1 hour is more than enough to spend on a single game.

Also "Steam" Has fire sales from time to time where you can pick up 40-60 dollar titles for just 1-3 dollars. If you own a Nvidia Sheild device such as the tablet (which has HDMI out in console mode and an excellent controller) you can also stream quite a few excellent titles for free, for the time being. If you already have a PC with a decent nvidia graphics card (600 series and up) you can stream any "Steam" game from your PC and onto you shield device such as the tablet. Super cool stuff, especially for those who like to travel but don't want to haul around a gaming desktop PC with them.

There are other ways to stream your PC to an android device as well such as splashtop, but I find those programs somewhat lackluster for gamers without controller support and the occasional latency issues.
Last edited by bearriver on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Regarding my "mop the floor" in the 4th comment, that was just plain stupid of me. This thread is for discussion, so please, feel free to discuss your thoughts about this. I have asked a mod to remove that comment for me after being informed of the folly in my approach.

Another member approached me through PM for more information about the legality about this. I received permission to post my response here, some of it anyway...

KODI is like a DVD player. What I mean by that is they both can play legal and pirated (illegal) material. With a DVD player, what you do with it dictates whether or not its use is illegal.

As far as laws in the US and throughout Europe are concerned (today) this is %100 legal on the user end no matter what you watch. It's a real thorn in the sides of many people who work in the civil prosecutions of copyright infringement. Little can be done because its not up to the user to research the copyright status of the material that is being streamed. Nothing is downloaded or stolen in a legal sense.

As an example, if you are at home and a friend played a stolen movie for you two to watch on your DVD player, he would be solely responsible for any legal repercussions due to the fact he stole and copied the material. Not you. You just watched it without any legal obligation to investigate its source. He is in possession of stolen property (sort of), not you.

The hosts of copyrighted material on KODI are breaking the law, and the responsibility is on them. However they are usually overseas so it makes it very difficult to impossible for them to be prosecuted. Over 1 million people in the US stream copyrighted content every day and nothing can be done about it as it stands. Passing a law to limit this behavior would have the same effect and failures PIPA and SOPA had recently. The Obama administration as fought against this for years now, and every attack as failed miserably thus far...

So is it morally degrading to stream movies? Depends on what you watch and who you ask... Debates and flame wars on this subject can be found across the internet.

Is it legal to stream these copyrighted movies as of today? %100 Yes.

Here is an interesting Wikipedia page on this subject: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyrigh ... _streaming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Another article here: https://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-gr ... al-130624/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Edit: fixing the broken links...
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

bearriver wrote:
Jimbo better get on this. I just found a Victoria Secret channel add-on!!! :shock: :ebiggrin:
SOLD! Thanks bud for the details on this. Very cool.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

enquiry on safety?? i gotta ask:

today i get to work and a salesman (found out later) has been downloading pirated (crap) movies, on his work computer.
it had a drive extension to another (more important computer) and long story short, at 804 am on saturday morning a ransomware called ctb-locker got unleashed on my network and antivirus on two computers were unable to stop it.

this prick is lucky he is on holiday, it will give me a few days to cool off and decide if he still is employed.

anyway...i'm a user...any of you computer guys suggest a good forum or service to help a brother out and get this shit fixed, i'd appreciate it. PM me, no sense plugging up BR's thread. (sry for the distraction here, but i am curious on the safety aspect)

thanks,
j
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

HDNB wrote:enquiry on safety?? i gotta ask:

today i get to work and a salesman (found out later) has been downloading pirated (crap) movies, on his work computer.
it had a drive extension to another (more important computer) and long story short, at 804 am on saturday morning a ransomware called ctb-locker got unleashed on my network and antivirus on two computers were unable to stop it.

this prick is lucky he is on holiday, it will give me a few days to cool off and decide if he still is employed.

anyway...i'm a user...any of you computer guys suggest a good forum or service to help a brother out and get this shit fixed, i'd appreciate it. PM me, no sense plugging up BR's thread. (sry for the distraction here, but i am curious on the safety aspect)

thanks,
j
Man that sucks. The method outlined here using Kodi is not actually downloading anything. You are streaming a video or music but you do not get the file to keep on your computer. What your employee was doing if he was actually downloading movies is much more risky. That would be downloading an actual (big) files, probably from torrent sites, that will now be stored on your computer. That file could contain anything, and from time to time you will find a malicious one.

The program that attacked you likely encrypted the whole contents of your hard drive(s) and will leave you with some way to pay someone for the key to it. I would just reinstall the operating system. If there was some data you had on the hard drive you really want... I would try some sort of file recovery software run from anther hard drive on it's own operating system. If you pay those people they might give you the key and they might not. I would not risk it.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Yes, I would like to keep this thread on topic through pm's. BUT, I will say this is loosely related and keep it short if only to reiterate Brutal's point. KODI doesn't DL any content thus has no chance of having this happen. :thumbup:

That is ransomware you got yourself into. Made #1 on the top fifty worst viruses of all time on a YouTube vid I saw the other day. Pay few hundred bucks and you might or might not get your stuff back. My advice? Don't get mad... Just scrap the data and the employee. Format the hard drives. With ransomware the only solution is prevention. I personally don't use antivirus programs and prefer handle my security personally. Knowledge is power.

Sorry brother... Gotta suck it up and move on. You can try sending a PM to Rad who specializes in this. However I bet he'll just say the same thing I just told you.

"I wish I never made that backup" - Said no one ever
Zombie Killer
Novice

Post by Zombie Killer »

Very Nice. Been hacking the Green Button for too long. Wife just got used to how i had it all set up. Going to install this up on the HTPC...expecting to get a call at work tomorrow. Thanks Bear.
During U.S. prohibition, Texada Island was a supply point for illegal alcohol into the United States, with a famous illegal distillery operating on the east shore. The remains of the hooch boiler can be seen on the beach.