PNW Meetup 2015 (Proof)

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: PNW Meetup 2015 (Proof)

Post by bearriver »

The folks at S3 had such a pleasure with your company Bigbob, It would be amazing to have you up here also! I'm looking forward to it.

We are Pacific Northwesterners, also sometimes called Cascadians, or just wet.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bigbob wrote:Will keep you posted, I'll be the guy in a dress and monkey mask!
image.jpg
I think that should be everyone's official proof attire :lol:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Our group is growing, this is probably going to be the biggest turn out they've had thus far!
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I hope it works guys, I really do. Pyewacket the kilt is the bomb! I wish they where cheaper. I'm going to do my best to make this work!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Pyewacket
Swill Maker

Post by Pyewacket »

I think that should be everyone's official proof attire
Well I am in, Bigbob inspired. In SPIRIT...or physical...

Sounds right to me. And hell, if you are from the PACnw -- not the first, 2nd, or even the 3rd time you have seen a fella in a dress. Sounds comfortable to me!
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Just got some shirts from Shed yesterday for proof. Thanks Woodshed, you are the man!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I don't have an S3 shirt but will be easy to spot!
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

I live in Lake Tapps/Bonney Lake. It wasn't going to get filled this year due to construction at a dyke, but they finished early and started filling it. It should be done in 2 weeks. :ebiggrin:

We don't own a boat to launch sadly but there is a few nearby parks and swimming holes to jump into. Mid July should very hot, and the lake is fed by glacier runoff. Some folks might want to take a break from the BBQ and bring swim wear.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

This picture was taken from my deck last night while BBQing steaks and blending different grain whiskey's. It was really a colorful sunset.
image.jpg
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Bushman that looks like you have your own little slice of heavan.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

bearriver wrote:It wasn't going to get filled this year due to construction at a dyke...
I know what I want to do with this...but I just...can't. For one thing, Tater's watching. :silent:

tp (former spelling bee champ)
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Great to see so many folks show up! I will be the guy standing in front of a 250 liter column still! Probably wearing a black T-shirt stating the name of my company. Really looking forward to meeting you guys!

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Looking like it's going to be a good one! See yall there.

Maybe I should have said levee instead...
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Not quite sure what levee means ... something to do with coast lines, maybe? I am familiair with dykes. The pun aside ... you have to if you live 3 feet below sea level.

But it will be a great meeting!

Building things up is from 2 to 4 pm. And after that it is drinking, tasting, comparing the products of over 40 Seattle based distilleries!

And I am sure our personal "HD After Party" (HDAP?) will be even better.

I will be taking some T-shirts and stuff with me as well.

Busman, not sure if you have 220v, 80 amps available ... but if so ... and you have like 200 liters of wash ready to go ...

:D

Regards, Odin.

PS: BigBob, you flying over to meet up with us?
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Update: I am talking to the organizers and they are willing to upgrade everyone visiting as part of this HD post/thread/thing to VIP status for fee. Not sure what it implies, but I will keep y'all posted! Let the good times role!

https://www.facebook.com/ProofWashington" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

You are the MAN Odin! 8) I cant tell you how much I am looking forward to Proof and the BBQ.

Yes, you are correct about the levee. It holds back water, although this particular lake is well above sea level. I grew up on one of the islands on it. It's a lovely place to relax during summer months, but they drain it for the rest of the year leaving a hideous mud bog. This picture was taken at a park about a block from my house.
Attachments
Lake Tapps.jpg
Lake Tapps.jpg (15.42 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Beautiful!!!

I will get an answer on how this VIP treatment will work on Wednessday. More info then!

Odin.
Last edited by Odin on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

There is a gorgeous private park right by me. I'm in the process of renting it for the day so we can BBQ on the lake. There are docks, a boat launch, a clubhouse, grills, benches...ect. Ya'll are going to LOVE it! If anyone has kids, there is a playground for them to play in, and the property is secured very well.

Since it's a private park there won't be an issues with open containers of alcohol, music, or smokers. :thumbup:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Wow! That's great news on both accounts. :thumbup: I already have the VIP tickets but it's great that the others might get the free upgrade. Bear, do you have any idea how many are coming? The park sounds like a great place to do this.

I'm really looking forward to meeting Odin and Bushman and the other members who can make it. I will be bringing along the best I have although it probably isn't the best I can make now, I just haven't had much time to make more and I'm running a bit low on stock. I will also be bringing along a nice little surprise to share and since I haven't yet figured out home made Galliano I an going to spring for a ssssstore bought (That hurt to say) bottle of Galliano and try to get my wife to whip up a couple of Harvey Walbanger cakes to bring along. I'm also going to chat with Bear about what other contributions I can make.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

cranky wrote: Bear, do you have any idea how many are coming? The park sounds like a great place to do this.
It really is my first choice, and should pan out. My family has rented that clubhouse several times over the years.

Right now I would just be guessing. It would be nice to have a large turnout but I'll be happy with whatever happens. It's the quality, not the quantity of the company. Just like our spirits.

The BBQ shopping will get done a few days prior. Among other things, I'll make sure to get something good for those I already know are committed. Any last minute heads up after that will have hotdogs and hamburgers available. I fly by the seat of my pants, so feel free to bring whatever your heart may desire to share.

There are no requirements except your attendance.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Ok money in the bank! Bigbob buying ticket and heading up! Hide the women and children! :thumbup:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bigbob wrote:Ok money in the bank! Bigbob buying ticket and heading up! Hide the women and children! :thumbup:
Glad to hear that Bigbob! Looking forward to meeting you! :D
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Sounds like a full slate. I am also planning a few tours prior to the proof meeting as I want to take Odin to the Skagit Malting Company, and the next day plan a personal tour of Heritage Distillery. Not sure how to fit it all in but will work on the details.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

cranky wrote:
Bigbob wrote:Ok money in the bank! Bigbob buying ticket and heading up! Hide the women and children! :thumbup:
Glad to hear that Bigbob! Looking forward to meeting you! :D
Looking forward to meeting you and all the other PNWS also. Planning to head up sat am and leave mon mid day or thereabouts. I guess I'll wait and see what Odin has for an upgrade before I get tickets for Proof. Bear are we to bring anything for the BBQ? I hear that I make decent ribs..... :thumbup:
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Feel free to bring anything that your heart desires to share. There will be plenty of food but I know if there are ribs we are gonna eat them! After seeing the pictures and stories from s3, I must say anything you want to bring will be a real treat for everyone there.

I feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning to hurry up and get here.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

I am low in stock on pretty much anything. Out of stock, actually. I'll see if I can get some rum over the border. Depends if I take a big suit case with me or not.

... just looked in and I will probably have to travel with hand lugage only. Darn 39 minute stop and airplane change at Minnesota, when I fly from DC to Vancouver.

Regards, Odin.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Odin wrote:Darn 39 minute stop and airplane change at Minnesota, when I fly from DC to Vancouver.

Regards, Odin.
That's cutting it kind of close Odin, I hope your connection isn't on the other end of the airport.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Yeah. That's why bringing more than just hand lugage would certainly make things go wrong!

Regards, Odin.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Don't worry about it Odin, I am sure for a picnic we will have plenty of samples especially if we are talking about driving any distance that day or bringing a designated driver. Members that want to taste your product should visit you, and I will say it is worth it just for the walnut brandy :D
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Odin, as much as I would like to try some of you spirits, bringing yourself halfway around the world to see us is more than enough of a contribution for me, although my wife and I have been discussing the possibility of flying over to Amsterdam this fall.

As far as sampling, I got a PM from Michigancornhusker (MD) who will be participating in spirit by sending me a few samples to bring along. Also I I can't keep it a secret any more so I will tell you, last Christmas Ga flatwoods sent me a bottle of Muckalee Creek Water and Blackbeard's Treasure Whiskey which I only tried a small sample of and then put back to bring along. As for myself I will have a bottle of an All-bran that has been aging for 2 years and a bottle of what says it is brandy, I believe it is mixed fruit (I think with sugar but I can't remember to be honest) also aged 2 years, cant say it's the best I can do but it's the best I have right now. I would like to have been able to bring along some other samples but as I've mentioned I'm a bit low on stock.