PNW Meetup 2015 (Proof)

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
cranky
Master of Distillation

Re: PNW Meetup 2015 (Proof)

Post by cranky »

Anybody following this thread you probably want to see Odin's thread on "Odin in Seattle"
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=55973
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

cranky wrote:
Bigbob wrote:I must be crazy, I'm seriously thinking about going!
How could you miss the opportunity to meet a Norse god!
That's one of the reasons!! The other is to meet you and the other PNWS!!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bigbob wrote:
cranky wrote:
It's just a little drive up the coast. Besides I read this bit of advice the other day
HDNB wrote:Pretty sure no one has ever written "I wish i had spent more time at work" on their headstone.
Whats a couple extra days off anyway?
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I know, I know..... It's convincing my wife. We'll see what happens at S3. But I figure I could just fly up for the weekend(extended). :thumbup:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bigbob wrote:I know, I know..... It's convincing my wife. We'll see what happens at S3. But I figure I could just fly up for the weekend(extended). :thumbup:
That's not a bad plan, the train comes here too. I'd offer you a place to stay but I sold my trailer and the wife got rid of the bed in the cats bedroom and is currently using it for storage, plus the house is a mess with the remodeling so the wife won't allow any guests until I get that done...soooo...probably never :lol:
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

No worries cranky, I'm coming into some money so I can be a kinda jet setter for a little bit. But like I say Momma has final word.
likker liker
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by likker liker »

cranky wrote:
Bigbob wrote:
cranky wrote:
It's just a little drive up the coast. Besides I read this bit of advice the other day
HDNB wrote:Pretty sure no one has ever written "I wish i had spent more time at work" on their headstone.
Whats a couple extra days off anyway?
So very true
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I do have to say that if it weren't local for me I wouldn't be able to make it. I managed to get the weekend of proof off but there is no way I could get the Friday before off and I couldn't get to S3 because of work either, so I understand that sometimes life gets in the way.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I called yesterday afternoon about displays and left a message asking about setting up the iStill in advance but haven't heard back from them yet.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bushman wrote:I called yesterday afternoon about displays and left a message asking about setting up the iStill in advance but haven't heard back from them yet.
My personal experience is they aren't very good at responding but I hope your experience is better since it involves actually displaying something. If you guys need any help with anything let me know.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Interesting, this morning I was looking over their website and went to the vendors section. Didn't know they have a school in Seattle for distillation!
http://innovationscollege.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
While at the event I plan on quizzing them a bit to see what they offer and their backgrounds.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Thank you for posting that Bushman. I knew about the distillery in Gig Harbor that offered distiller for a day classes but it's nice to know there is actually a school near by, it will be nice to find out some info on them.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Thanks for that Bushman! :thumbup:

If it's something I can afford, I'll definitely look into it. If they aren't personal classes, there may be an opportunity to get a good deal on several students at the same time. :idea:

Edit: It is absolutely out of my price range. If I wanted to start a distillery it would just be a business expense, but this doesn't seem to be intended for hobby distillers. Maybe your son would benefit from it Bushman?
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Cranky and his wife just came and saw me. I thought they were lovely people, and we even traded a few gifts. :mrgreen:

Ill need to start something good ASAP for proof. Aged liquor at this point being out of the question.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

bearriver wrote:Cranky and his wife just came and saw me. I thought they were lovely people, and we even traded a few gifts. :mrgreen:

Ill need to start something good ASAP for proof. Aged liquor at this point being out of the question.
We enjoys our visit with Bearriver very much but unfortunately had to rush off. Also I'm very socially inept so when we have the proof meet up try to remember this.
Bearrivers setup is very impressive he is quite the talented guy :thumbup:

For the meetup at BR's house next month I have been trying what stock I have on hand. I have some 2 year old bottles I found hiding in the closet. One is a 1.5 run of All-Bran and the other is labeled brandy. I'm sure it is brandy with sugar added to warn any brandy purists that may be around. I think they have developed quite nicely over the past 2 years and are worth sharing. I will also be bringing along a little surprise that a big brown ( or was it purple?) bird brought me last Christmas. Bearriver is a great guy with a great family and a very nice house. We are all fortunate for the opportunity to meet him next month and I hope plenty of members take advantage of the opportunity to meet him although my naviguesser got lost twice on the way to his house so pay attention to the route :lol:
Grappa-Gringo
Swill Maker

Post by Grappa-Gringo »

OK...i've been looking over this thread, but I can't find a date of this event.... Have I missed it? I'd like to attend too.... just can't see the time and place....ugggh
They say, "you are what you eat"... Then I'm fast, easy and cheap!
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Saturday, July 11th
4:30 pm VIP ticket admission, 5:30 pm General Admission
Fremont Studios
155 N. 35th St.
Seattle, WA 98103

For tickets:
(An outfit called Stranger Tickets is the ticket vendor for the event.)
PROOF The Washington Distillers Festival
Link the website for tickets & info: http://www.strangertickets.com/events/2 ... s-festival" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Grappa-Gringo wrote:OK...i've been looking over this thread, but I can't find a date of this event.... Have I missed it? I'd like to attend too.... just can't see the time and place....ugggh
What Euphoria said, Sat July 11 at Fremont studios, here is the Proof website http://proofwashington.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow with all the info. I believe the current plan is to meet up at a designated time in front of the iStill booth for proper introductions then the next day meet at Bearrivers house Sunday the 12th. You might PM Bearriver about that part of it, I don't want to offend anybody but I don't know how he feels about some that may not be all that established. It's his party so we need to follow what he is comfortable with.
Haven't seen you around lately GG, I would love for you to put in an appearance. :D
Grappa-Gringo
Swill Maker

Post by Grappa-Gringo »

now... I want to get a clear understanding... the 'Proofwashington event" is open to everyone? or by invitation only to those of us who are part of this forum? Is there a cost after the entrance fee? for example...buy 5 tix for samples of various
distillery products for an extra cost? I would assume everyone is planning to stay overnight somewhere... are there accommodations close by? I'm asking due to the fact my wife may want to come along, or at least know where the hell I am sleeping that night. lol.... any information would be great...cheers OH.... do we bring some of our own down for the event or after party (next day)....? thanks gg
They say, "you are what you eat"... Then I'm fast, easy and cheap!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

This is my first one I have attended so not sure of the answers to your questions but I am sure after the initial entrance if you want extra drinks probably would have an added charge. Sounds like Bearriver is offering a BBQ that night (he lives about 45 minutes south of Seattle). I will be staying at my mother-in-laws in West Seattle and would offer you a place however Odin and his electrical engineer have already claimed the extra space.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Ticket sales are open to the public and they offer two tiers. VIP allows you to enter earlier and other perks. Either way you get tokens that redeem for alcohol. Their main page had all this info in it last time I checked.

It's Seattle. Finding accommodation in or around the area is easy. I'd consider doing a bit of research on which hotels are in my price range then make reservations.

The BBQ will be the next day at my house as per suggestions from several people. All established members are welcome to come. PM me for that information. I have splenty of space in my driveway for anyone with a RV or something similar.
MyUncleMo
Swill Maker

Post by MyUncleMo »

VRBO is a great option also.
If you are coming for more than the day, or traveling with family, a VRBO is an alt way to go.
Get a house on the Sound - on a river, on a mountain etc... There is a local Farm not too far from us that has 2 guest houses with a fire pit and view of the valley. Hagen Farm.
We live up in Snohomish and have Tix in hand. I'm driving and the wife will be redeeming tokens!
This is a VRBO in Seattle: http://www.vrbo.com/369038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
ENJOY. . . a cozy waterfront cottage (Best of Seattle) suitable for 1 or 2 people and fully furnished . . . your own private cabin and deck overlooking all of Puget Sound and just a flash from downtown.

This property is right in the heart of Seattle in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods, Magnolia, and is hidden down a private drive off the Bluff and on the water. A darling, small bungalow with a large deck, it has amenities galore: high speed internet, cable TV, full kitchen, comfortable bed, wall of windows, washer/dryer, barbecue grill and patio overlooking a parade of ships, sailboats, ferries, tugboats, kayaks and windsurfers. You will think you are in the San Juan Islands though you are just minutes from all the attractions of the city. Listen to the ocean waves lapping the shore and watch the Olympic Mountains on the horizon (the entire range with your 180 degree view); spot a seal, an eagle, herons and perhaps even a pod of whales! This is Seattle living at its best!

This is a residential neighborhood of peace and quiet so visitors who appreciate the same are welcome. Sorry, no pets, no smoking, no parties. If you like nature, this is it! Discovery Park is your neighbor. All linens provided. Security deposit required. An excellent hotel or B&B alternative and also available for extended stay or business visitors

I still have not received my S3 shirt- but I expect that woodshed is working on it! Otherwise I may be old school :egeek:
bearriver wrote:Ticket sales are open to the public and they offer two tiers. VIP allows you to enter earlier and other perks. Either way you get tokens that redeem for alcohol. Their main page had all this info in it last time I checked.

It's Seattle. Finding accommodation in or around the area is easy. I'd consider doing a bit of research on which hotels are in my price range then make reservations.

The BBQ will be the next day at my house as per suggestions from several people. All established members are welcome to come. PM me for that information. I have splenty of space in my driveway for anyone with a RV or something similar.
My Uncke Mo taught me how to make apple Jack when I was in 6th Grade.

Questions? Read this first...
http://ww.homedistiller.org/forum/viewt ... 15&t=52975
Pyewacket
Swill Maker

Post by Pyewacket »

I have been negotiating a trip up there with the wife for this. Cranky sent me a PM, and that reminded me and helped me commit. So, barring any unforeseen work/life conflicts -- count me in.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Great hope to see you there!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Pyewacket wrote:I have been negotiating a trip up there with the wife for this. Cranky sent me a PM, and that reminded me and helped me commit. So, barring any unforeseen work/life conflicts -- count me in.
Looking forward to seeing you Pyewacket :D
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Glad to hear Pyewacket. I hope to see you there!
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Ok I'm still waiting for the money that's coming in, but I'm checking air fare, trying to make this happen. Hopefully I'll head up Friday night or Saturday morning, and stay thru Sunday night. Looking forward to meeting the PNWers.(is that a word?).
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bigbob wrote:Ok I'm still waiting for the money that's coming in, but I'm checking air fare, trying to make this happen. Hopefully I'll head up Friday night or Saturday morning, and stay thru Sunday night. Looking forward to meeting the PNWers.(is that a word?).
Glad to hear it Bigbob! :D and yes PNWers is a word.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Will keep you posted, I'll be the guy in a dress and monkey mask!
image.jpg
Pyewacket
Swill Maker

Post by Pyewacket »

Man, I sure hope you can make it out! Shoot -- I'll be honest, the more I look at those utility kilts --the more they make sense. I am no small fella either, think I might consider purchasing one or two.