Jim Jefferies - Comedian

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Jim Jefferies - Comedian

Post by WooTeck »

DSM Loki wrote:Well guys, I think this thread has run its course with surprising civility but the point has been made that this discussion doesn't really belong here as it is extremely political in nature. It's probably about time for a lock I think.
+1
suprised it wasnt locked long ago :crazy:
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

DSM Loki wrote:Well guys, I think this thread has run its course with surprising civility but the point has been made that this discussion doesn't really belong here as it is extremely political in nature. It's probably about time for a lock I think.
Me 2. IMHO, the nature and tone of this thread is what draws the attention of DHS snoops...best to keep our subject pure in topic that doesn't alarm anyone charged with chasing bad guys, foreign or domestic, real or imagined.
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Oh bullshit no one is going to give a tinkers toss about a bunch of blokes discussing gun ownership c'mon guys :roll:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

Im surprised its not been closed by rule No.5 Do not discuss politics.

very close to going very political
Zak Griffin
Novice

Post by Zak Griffin »

I guess that's the difference; in the US, talk about guns is considered political. Here in Straya it's just talk about guns...
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Yes because here they still are trying to get our guns.....yours are already taken.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

WooTeck wrote:Im surprised its not been closed by rule No.5 Do not discuss politics.

very close to going very political
They tend to be a bit more lenient in The off topics discussion and for the most part the discussion has stayed pretty civil.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bigbob wrote:Yes because here they still are trying to get our guns.....yours are already taken.
+1 you beat me to it but I was just typing the same thing
thisguy
Swill Maker

Post by thisguy »

Bigbob wrote:Yes because here they still are trying to get our guns.....yours are already taken.
They will never get them.
Lighting new cigarettes
Pouring more Drinks
It has been a beautiful Fight
Still Is

Work hard and say its easy...Cranky's Spoon Feeding
Concentric Still Build
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Like every subject its as political as you make it, nothing wrong with healthy debate. Just except everyone has different ideas, everyone thinks their idea is right. Put forward an argument well and some will come around and some will become entrenched, that's life. Some old fella told me many years ago if you need to attack the other guy to make your argument then you need to improve your argument. Hate locking threads without a pretty good reason, any way you bake it its censorship. almost every day (and that just what I know of) someone is asking publicly of privately to have a thread locked, seems as soon as there are two different ideas someone wants one locked, try to imagine what the forum would look like if the mods went ok let lock every thread that a member wanted locked. I think I have seen about 5 or 6 requests already this week on a number of threads. Sorry if I'm hijacking this discussion a bit but this thread will do as good as any to point out this somewhat childish behaviour :thumbup:
Bigbob wrote
Yes because here they still are trying to get our guns.....yours are already taken.
Lost some gained some I still got guns brother be sure of that :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

thecroweater wrote:Oh bullshit no one is going to give a tinkers toss about a bunch of blokes discussing gun ownership c'mon guys :roll:
Attachments
congratulations_meme-www.memegen.com.jpg
Whiskey is rays of sunshine, held together with water.
skow69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by skow69 »

Zak, thanks for the introduction to Jim Jefferies. The guy is hilarious.
Distilling at 110f and 75 torr.
I'm not an absinthe snob, I'm The Absinthe Nazi. "NO ABSINTHE FOR YOU!"
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

skow69 wrote:Zak, thanks for the introduction to Jim Jefferies. The guy is hilarious.
:lol: :clap: he is a funny fella
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

WooTeck wrote:
skow69 wrote:Zak, thanks for the introduction to Jim Jefferies. The guy is hilarious.
While I dont exactly like, or agree with, what he was talking about, I have to admit he has some great stage presence. I do want to hear some more of his other stuff. On a side note, one of my friends on FB posted a link to an article with that exct same video. He was one of my regulars, when I was bartending, and now lives in Austrailia.
Whiskey is rays of sunshine, held together with water.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

The KYChemist wrote:
WooTeck wrote:
While I dont exactly like, or agree with, what he was talking about, I have to admit he has some great stage presence. I do want to hear some more of his other stuff. On a side note, one of my friends on FB posted a link to an article with that exct same video. He was one of my regulars, when I was bartending, and now lives in Austrailia.
he knows that its not everyone's cup of tea. watch some of the other stuff. its not for the easily offended though.
Zak Griffin
Novice

Post by Zak Griffin »

You're welcome, guys.

He's not everyone's cup of tea, but name me a (good) stand up comedian that doesn't touch controversial topics?

His TV show, 'Legit' is worth a look :D