best still hand ever...

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

best still hand ever...

Post by jb-texshine »

My ol lady... jar sniff in cut making straight up bad ass cut making but no whiskey drinking awesome bad ass still hand ever....just saying...
JB ( happy and drunk)
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: best still hand ever...

Post by moosemilk »

My wife likes, no, LOVES, my whiskey. I also get her to help with blending. Women apparently have a better sense of smell than men, so they make great blenders and making cuts. Cheers to our women that put up with us, and often support or help us out!
googe
retired

Post by googe »

I just get complaining... :(
Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
"Homer J Simpson"
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

moosemilk wrote:My wife likes, no, LOVES, my whiskey. I also get her to help with blending. Women apparently have a better sense of smell than men, so they make great blenders and making cuts. Cheers to our women that put up with us, and often support or help us out!
I believe this to be true at the beginning as she helped me with all my final blending from the jars, however after doing it for a number of years I believe I have developed my senses and since I do it more than my wife I think my cuts are now actually better than hers.
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

googe wrote:I just get complaining... :(
Yep, me too.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Thanks to my lovely, redneck, , cow herding, roof fixing, Pistol Toting, Tree climbing, Hillbilly Wife who can clean up, put on her pole dancing shoes and a short red dress and be knockout beautiful. Just a bit Younger than this old Coot. She let me sit the 15 gallon mash barrel by the wood stove in the living room all winter without a complaint. Still trainee in progress also.
ben stiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ben stiller »

I find my better half has a better sense of smell for making cuts than I do as well. Better than that she puts up with my hobby and enjoys the final product. Win Win
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

S-Cackalacky wrote:
Yep, me too.
Me three :ewink:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
MitchyBourbon
Distiller

Post by MitchyBourbon »

Mine don't help a bit, but she doesn't complain. She did make a request or two. She had me put a couch and a flat tv in the garage and makes me watch chick flicks while I'm stillin. Sounds a little like "A Clockwork Orange", but at least we get to hangout together.
I'm goin the distance...
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

MitchyBourbon wrote:Sounds a little like "A Clockwork Orange", but at least we get to hangout together.
:lol:
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
coastershiner
Bootlegger

Post by coastershiner »

She brings my dinner out to the shed, Me and the wife run the still together all the time, while we drink what we made. Last night I was too drunk and tired, she stayed up and finished the run for us. She rocks.
carbohydratesn
Swill Maker

Post by carbohydratesn »

Drinking during a run? To the point where you have to go to bed? That doesn't sound very safe, at all...

My girl has been great about my new hobby so far, I'm hoping to get her involved once I get the hang of things a little more. She's incredible. I feel very lucky.

Sorry to those of you who just get complaining :P With this hobby, it's probably worth the complaints though, heh. I know I'd keep doin' it and having a blast, even with complaints.
Last edited by carbohydratesn on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

MitchyBourbon wrote:Mine don't help a bit, but she doesn't complain. She did make a request or two. She had me put a couch and a flat tv in the garage and makes me watch chick flicks while I'm stillin. Sounds a little like "A Clockwork Orange", but at least we get to hangout together.
You just got to tell her what a chick flick is. Brave heart and last of the Mohicans are two for an example! Although my wife says there are no scalping in chick flicks.... :sarcasm:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Tokoroa_Shiner
Distiller

Post by Tokoroa_Shiner »

Yep. Same here.
Must read topics for new members

The Rules By Which We Live By
Safety And Related Issues
New Distillers Reading Lounge

Have Fun, Keep Safe and Shine On
Rastus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rastus »

My Gal,
she tolerates my "mad scientist" activities, and always supportive. she never complains,
she will have a taste and tell me what she thinks, but i have to drink it all myself because she dont drink any more than just a taste.
She was just a moonshiner,
But he loved her Still
Braz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Braz »

Only complaint I ever get is, "We're almost out out vodka. When are you going to do a run?"
Braz
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

I haven't had a complaint in two days...that's the last time she talked to me. :evil:

She don't understand that the doctor said to NOT do anything with lifting or really anything with my right arm. She's all pissy cause I didn't do the dishes..ever try to do dishes with one hand and the other in a sling? :wtf:

As far as likker goes, she sucks it back faster than I can but always complains about the smell of fermenting or the time I'm in the garage running a batch...but she's right there to suck it back when it's ready.

A little PO'd right now, can you tell?
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
rnw349
Bootlegger

Post by rnw349 »

Mine doesn't complain, she doesn't mind a bit. She lets me keep my fermenter in the kitchen. I take over the kitchen when I run my rig, but then she gets a clean kitchen too. She will taste it but that's it. Yeah it's good is about she says.
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

goinbroke2 wrote:I haven't had a complaint in two days...that's the last time she talked to me. :evil:

She don't understand that the doctor said to NOT do anything with lifting or really anything with my right arm. She's all pissy cause I didn't do the dishes..ever try to do dishes with one hand and the other in a sling? :wtf:

As far as likker goes, she sucks it back faster than I can but always complains about the smell of fermenting or the time I'm in the garage running a batch...but she's right there to suck it back when it's ready.

A little PO'd right now, can you tell?
Well, mine complains and won't drink it - scared it'll make her go blind. She commented once, "Good thing a wife can't be made to testify against her husband.". Things like that instill a lot of confidence.

GB, man I feel your pain.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

Hey my SOH is starting out on some really time consuming hobbies right now and she needs me to build this and fix that.... Soooo she hasnt been sayin hardly anything at all about me making a run a day trying to keep up with all my fermenters.
She even suggested (although she didnt volunteer) that a hole get dug in the chicken coop I just finished building for her to store all of my extra hooch. you know for SHTF.
She hates alcohol so I am literally shocked that she is not saying anything negative about this. Found out from my brother she thinks all the booze will come in handy if the SHTF.
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

Bigbob wrote:
S-Cackalacky wrote:
Yep, me too.
Me three :ewink:
:wave: im in this boat too guys. maybe things will change when i move in with the SoH at the end of the month :econfused: .
ranger_ric wrote: Found out from my brother she thinks all the booze will come in handy if the SHTF.
shes not wrong. folks like us that can produce with have a nice hand if SHTF. when the world gos to shit you want booze and tobacco.
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

Well, my wife's family has a long tradition of making their own. There are hidden rooms and false walls in her grandparent's old house. No product left though, I looked. :twisted:

She comes up with some surprisingly good fruit flavors. She ain't much on my whisky and doesn't do much more than taste a little, but some of the concoctions she has talked me into were really good. She had me doing fruit PD's before I ever found this site and then did that "I told you so..." thing after we read the thread about strawberry PD. :ebiggrin:

She's always coming up with a goofy flavor, she's had me do pumpkin, peppermint, spearmint, butterscotch, and ton's of other stuff I'd have never thought of, just so she could pass it around to her sewing circle. Most of them girls could drink me under the table and still sew straight lines.

She likes a rum and coke once in awhile, so I'm gonna do rum this summer, just for her.

She can run my old pot, but doesn't... because she don't like trekking back into the hills. She wants me to build a stillhouse close to the house and switch over to electric. How do you argue against that????? And why would I????

But the best still hand would still be a toss up between my wife and my Mom. But if both of them are there..., I want to be somewhere else. Because, they'd work the hell outa me...I wouldn't be able to say nothing but, "yes ma'am." There just ain't no arguing with those two. Them women will gang up on a feller. No telling what all they'd have me changing.

'Nuff said.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Tonight I think we all need to tip back a shot to the women who we love that participate...and two shots for those we love who don't........god bless em all!
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Braz wrote:Only complaint I ever get is, "We're almost out out vodka. When are you going to do a run?"
That's an almost weekly occurrence around here, too... :|