Odin in Seattle

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Odin in Seattle

Post by Odin »

Hi there!

I will be in / around Seattle from July 9th to July 13th! I'll be visiting Bushman and for sure I (we) would love to meet other PNW distillers for an evening full of stories, drinks, legends ... if it will be anything like me & Bushman meeting in Amsterdam, for sure it will be great fun!

Who's around? Who's in for a party?

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Odin in Seattle

Post by Bushman »

I believe Cranky & Bearriver are planning on going. Bearriver you at one point talked about having a BBQ at your place afterwards. Maybe we should plan something for the day before as with tokens for drinks I might be taking a cab or having my wife pick us up.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I emailed and PMd Bearriver to help him find this thread easily. I know he is very busy lately. The last plan was to do the get together after proof but you have a point Bushman, I'm such a lightweight drinker and since I am bringing a Designated driver and getting at least most of her tasting tokens maybe meeting the day before isn't a bad idea. As things work out for me that week I am off the 8th and 9th then work the 10th and off 11th and 12th. I figured I would need at least one day to recover after.
Medstiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Medstiller »

I will be coming up from Portland late Friday night and leaving for home on Sunday. I would love a chance to meet everyone. Maybe a brunch or lunch get together on Sunday would give us enough time to sober up from Proof...
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Finally I snagged a break from work. It's a long day for me today... Anyways, I will make myself available the days surrounding Proof for just about anything. Just let me know what you guys are thinking and consider me on board.

Bushman made a fine point. Changing the BBQ at my place to the day before or after might be a better choice for obvious reasons. I'll give it a few days for discussion before we settle on a day. Just let me know your preferences. :thumbup:

PM me for my address. If you need written directions, let me know where you are coming from and I'll get them to you. There is no need to bring anything as far as food or drink, but anything you do bring will be more than welcome. As a reminder, I'm 30 minutes south of Seattle when the traffic is agreeable.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

As far as I'm concerned the whole get together is BRs doing, I've just been trying to lend a hand and keep people updated to help out. After all it's at his house so whatever works best for him works best for me. I am up for anything on my days off and any time after about 2 PM on the 10th.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

For me a party on the 12th would be great. The Proof Meeting is on the 11th so that's gonna be difficult. And maybe we need to build up the day before?

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Odin wrote:For me a party on the 12th would be great. The Proof Meeting is on the 11th so that's gonna be difficult. And maybe we need to build up the day before?

Regards, Odin.
Good point, it also gives us time to take down the equipment.
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

I'm going to be near Seattle on the 12th!
Flying in the evening of the 11th from fishing in Alaska, hopefully completely tired out from reeling in all the bigguns!
If I could meet some of you that would be awesome!
I could bring fresh fish if there's going to be a BBQ.
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Sounds good!

Odin.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

It looks like the BBQ at my place should be on the 12th, being the day after. That gives the boys time to setup the expo. Does that sound agreeable to everyone?

It would also seem that the 10th is open for suggestions. Odin, do you got anything you'd like to do that day?

@Nerdybrewer, Yes and yes. There will be a BBQ at my place, and I encourage people to bring whatever they like. Fresh Alaskan fish would be a total hit! :thumbup:
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Sounds great, Bear!

Not sure on my program of the 10th. If everything goes well when building up the distillery in Vancouver, prior to us driving down to Bushman, I may be able to come over on the 9th, so the 10th is (partially) a free program. But ... it depends on when we can build up for the Proof Meeting. If we can do that on the 10th, for sure we will. And if Vancouver gives more work, we'd only be able to drive down to Seattle on the 10th, so then there's really not much room for sightseeing. Maybe for a few drinks in the evening of the 10th?

When I know more, I will let you know!

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

I have made some pretty interesting Topinambour (Jerusalem Artichoke) Vodka. I am thinking of taking a bottle to Bearriver's BBQ!

Regards, Odin.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Odin, I just talked with Johnny Carey at the Proof 2015 and he said we can start setting up between 1-1:30 the day of the event. The doors open for the VIP at 4:30. We should have no trouble driving down that morning so we can have a relaxing evening the night before at my house as the sunsets with a drink in hand looking out over the lake is spectacular. Bring a swim suit we have a lot of beach toys from ski boat, kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, and the list goes on!
Come to think about it leave your engineer at home and bring your wife, I am sure my wife would love to see her again.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

That's great news! The mss can't come unfortunately. Too much work, not enough holidays!

Regards, Odin.