Summer time doldrums

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Summer time doldrums

Post by DSM Loki »

I lost one of the coolest musicians I ever met to MS. I'll tip one back in his honor tonight as well.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

shadylane wrote:Is there some were in the world that only has two seasons, spring and fall ?
I can't take the heat of summer, but if I take enough clothes off to keep cool, they would arrest me.
During the winter I have to cover myself with clothes and every one within eye sight is happy.
If I could grow a little more hair every thing would be good.
Quito, Ecuador.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Tis a sad thing you and ya Dad lost a mate that way
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Thank you guys.I don't judge his decision. Ugly enough as it is, I'm just glad he's no longer in a bad way. Take whatever good I can from it. Having drinks with pops now and talking about history.

My summer will pick back up when I get this fishing boat in the water for our first journey together. We are driving to Moses Lake tomorrow to pick up my niece and nephew for the summer, after which we will launch our new (used) fishing boat that we just built a deck for. It'll be a great day.
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Rather than start a new thread, I think I fits in in summer doldrums. Had a nice size run of feints to do (10 1/2 gallons at 40% abv) . Got my still fired up and big thunder heads start rolling in despite forecast stating otherwise. Break it down. Few hours later it's clear, forecast remain clear. Set up, lyne getting hot, stars out, then CRASH BOOM FLASH! Coming in from the north (unusual in my parts) is another big storm. Tear it all down, run cold water over my pot to cool it all so I can pour it back into a couple carboys (siphon actually with some spare copper tubing). And now it's clear again. To hell with it, I'll wait now! Mother nature PMS today! I did get a nice show from her though, and one nice pic of the first storm rolling in as the sun set.
Attachments
Sunset01.jpg