Greenhouse

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

Greenhouse

Post by Bushman »

I need to replace my greenhouse as it is old, made from plastic and is beginning to sag. I have been pricing them and also looking for a good set of plans to build one. I am thinking around 8' x 12'. A member on another forum is sending me a bunch of Roman Wormwood and I would like to winter it over in the greenhouse this fall so I can transplant to the garden in the spring.
Any suggestion for plans or purchase at a reasonable cost would be appreciated.
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Re: Greenhouse

Post by jedneck »

The Jan/Feb 2012 edition of grit has plans in it on page 74. I'll see if I can find an online link to it.
http://Www.grit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow haven't found the article online yet but there is another in this months issue.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

buddy of mine just used pressure lumber, drilled 2" holes and used a white (PVC i think) tube with "T" fittings to make a centre rib. put it all together, stuck the pipes in one side and arched them over and stuck them in the other side. draped a specialized green house plastic (heavier gauge, passes UV) over the archrib and locked it down with another stick of wood nailed to the base lumber.

stood for 3-4 years before a mini tornado picked up the whole shebang and tossed it on the roof of his house.

awesome and cheap, prolly around 12' w by 24 long, cost a couple hundred and he had it up in half a day (which is saying something, since he ain't so handy)
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Went to your site but the material and plans were for over 20'. Looks like a cool place to hang out and find info!
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

ran across this while snooping the google. it seems to make way too much good sense.
Attachments
Pipe-greens-537x358.jpg

now i drink for evil.
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

http://www.pvcplans.com/pvc-greenhouse.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
http://www.motherearthnews.com/homestea ... house.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Here is two more.
Hdnb that is a neat idea, wonder what fermemtables could grow in it.
big help
Dunder
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

I'm wanting to build one about 10x16 and put a little wood stove in it to try growing greens throw the winter.
big help
Dunder
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

Here is the chart that gives the hoop length for how wide.
Attachments
14409803075650.jpg
big help
Dunder
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

ya, ya Jed...that's the rig he built. i think he put one more cross rib on one side or both so he could hang shit offa them.

it's pretty slick, do a wall of that vertical stuff down the middle you'd have more green than Gates.

now i drink for evil.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Found this one that I am considering, a bit more expensive but I think my wife will like the way it looks.
http://theelliotthomestead.com/2014/07/ ... reenhouse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Bushman wrote:Found this one that I am considering, a bit more expensive but I think my wife will like the way it looks.
http://theelliotthomestead.com/2014/07/ ... reenhouse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
That is a very nice greenhouse, Bushman. :thumbup: Will you build it yourself or have someone build it for you?
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Definitely build it myself, looking at a few modifications.
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Bought my DW one of these several years ago. She loves it. A very well built unit.

http://www.costco.com/Sunglo-8'-x-12.5' ... 90789.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

Bushman..
Not sure what you are looking for... But I have built my wife 2 of these..
Just youtube cattle panel green house...
I have to replace the plastic every 2 years or so depending on what I spend on it (quality and UV resisitance) I can usually reskin a 20 footer for about $35...
I live in the South so often I have to go out and open some vents on it while the sun is shining even if the temps are right around freezing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTdS_4R0bbA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Look forward to seeing what you came up with..
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here