Tonights Moonshiners Episode

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Tonights Moonshiners Episode

Post by acfixer69 »

Even without the distilling crap. It makes bellow the M/D line look like idiots.

AC
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

Uncle Jesse wrote:Never watched it. Figured it will just piss me off.
It's funny. But you have to be into the "sureality" type shows. Have a few and yell at the boob tube. :twisted:
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

acfixer69 wrote:Even without the distilling crap. It makes bellow the M/D line look like idiots.
AC
Oh that. Since you're here I can tell you.
We have people like that to keep other people from moving down here.
Don't want them to see what it's like down here so we kind of, well, camoflauge it.
Attachments
camo.jpg
camo.jpg (8.48 KiB) Viewed 2166 times
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

The Baker wrote:moonbreath said, "Other guy has two boilers runnin simultaneous as one with lyne arm connected to cape of second boiler, then from second boiler to thumper.".

Thanks for that, moon.
I have two stills, less than 20 litres and less than 16 litres, say. Pretty small, so I was thinking of somehow running both into a thumper at the same time...
Geoff
P.S. With a pre-heater like in the old alembics, one day. Simple enough and greatly increased efficiency and throughput (which I need, with the little stills) and savings in fuel. G.
I did not see that. But I did see Digger and his mate running one still with rye and one with apple simultaneously into one thumper.
Seems difficult to run them at the same pace, but maybe that is not necessary.
I have two boilers of 10 litre and sometimes use one as a thumper for the other. If need be I even can fire both in that constellation.

I like the series, for the original ideas and the peculiar characters.
Last edited by Kareltje on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pesty
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pesty »

RedwoodHillBilly wrote:
Uncle Jesse wrote:Never watched it. Figured it will just piss me off.
It's funny. But you have to be into the "sureality" type shows. Have a few and yell at the boob tube. :twisted:
Like any good discovery show, it's the characters that make the show good, funny and downright stoopid. Who can't laugh at a guy, Josh, who cut off part of his finger and then Chico dumps the bike and loses his other front tooth days before his wedding. Mark and digger are a riot and patty is just a good ole gal. the processes are ripe with inaccuracies so I just enjoy the show for it's entertaining aspect.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

It's funny but sometimes I just scratch my head thinking WTF
RedwoodHillBilly

Shine0n wrote:It's funny but sometimes I just scratch my head thinking WTF
That's the whole idea.
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Showing reruns here all day today, with a new precursor listed
for tonight...At 9pm here the guide lists the very first episodes runnin in succession into tomorrow morning.
Just racked a holiday stock run, how coincidental..Now ifn I can just stay away from the tv and focus..Thats a tough one. :think: :crazy:
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

I have to record it to skip through commercials and the redundant "stuff".
I was heating up my water for Jimbo's while I was watching.
I like watching Mark & Digger but Tickle giving history lessons is pretty funny.
whisky.jpg
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Did anyone get a member count before the new episode so we can cororrelate the spike of questions that have already been asked to our personal blood pressure? I suspect mine peaks about the same time as the 200th New member asks why they can't just control the temp to only bring over pure alcohol on a pot still.
Don't get so caught up in a conversation with a newbee that you lose your head and your place here!
Jb
Manners first!
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
RedwoodHillBilly

jb-texshine wrote:Did anyone get a member count before the new episode so we can cororrelate the spike of questions that have already been asked to our personal blood pressure? I suspect mine peaks about the same time as the 200th New member asks why they can't just control the temp to only bring over pure alcohol on a pot still.
Don't get so caught up in a conversation with a newbee that you lose your head and your place here!
Jb
Manners first!
LOL Or why their watermelon shine doesn't taste like watermelon (or make much booze).
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jb-texshine wrote:Did anyone get a member count before the new episode so we can cororrelate the spike of questions that have already been asked to our personal blood pressure? I suspect mine peaks about the same time as the 200th New member asks why they can't just control the temp to only bring over pure alcohol on a pot still.
Jb
Manners first!
Good advice that I was a bit slow on taking . Think I finally got it into my thick head .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

I'd just hate to see someone else disappear. Bad as a Damn funeral after a bull baiting it was.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jb-texshine wrote:I'd just hate to see someone else disappear. Bad as a Damn funeral after a bull baiting it was.
Reason enough for me to hang around just to be that chigger that comes back to haunt you right when you think the itch has gone away .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

RedwoodHillBilly wrote:
Jb
Manners first!
LOL Or why their watermelon shine doesn't taste like watermelon (or make much booze).
Just tell them that if their watermelon shine doesn't taste JUST LIKE melon and isn't bright red, add more sugar and keep trying.
watermelon shine.jpg
:twisted:
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

This season has finally started to take off...Digger got popped!! Not...But a good joke, I'd be pissed. :D
The 3 pot, single thumper still with the manifold design for thumper induction kinda makes you think cause the one pots 100 gallons larger, with variables such as charge abv, heat control, and heat transfer dictating the heads recovery would really keep ya on your toes once that thing takes off..That manifold reminded me of a past member moonwhiskey's I believe tried a box design still to no avail.
The folks from Mississippi gotta kitchen in the woods and livin and eatn large..Makes the woods look good...Chico and company kinda gives Kentucky a bad look, but it's tv ya got to remember..
Lance id be gone ifn he were mine..Damn.
Gonna do me up a delicious corn, cherry recipe..Gonna proclaim it...CHERRY POPPER.
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sltm1 »

The one thing I did like on the show was the still where the propane heating element went through the center of the still, looks like a good way to prevent scorching.
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

When you look close at the spot where the burner sets, there's a round pipelike diffuser added there for added scorch proofing..Lots of copper there for sure.
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Digger and Mark doin the grappa thing, something interesting but not sure if I want to try..An episode ago they showed Lance bootleggn and an ancient 200 yr old boiler that is real, best I could tell..Chico actn like a newbie, not ever prepared.
He's got a nice still, ifn he hadn't already tore it up.
Now Tim and Chuck got water the hard way..Pretty good episode, kept me watchin. :clap:
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Just sittn here chargn and waitn..
Watchn reruns on dvr..Tim using divining rods to dows for water.
Anyone ever used dowsing to find a water table source?
I can't believe I've never done it.