AMF Mr. Bundy

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

skow69
Site Donor
Site Donor

AMF Mr. Bundy

Post by skow69 »

OR Say, isn't that Cliven's boy, Ammon, in the back of that pickup with the .50 caliber Browning mounted to the bed?

Soooo, didja hear about this bunch of freedom fighters that occupied the Malheur Wildlife Refuge in Harney County, Oregon, a couple weeks ago. They say they came to support Dwight and Steve Hammond in their dispute with the government.

Thing is, nobody in Oregon asked for their help. In fact, some of the local folks even seem to be a little suspicious of an armed militia showing up uninvited. They cancelled school for a week while they sized up the situation.

Bundy and his troops rolled in and set up camp in the vacant Refuge facilities. (It is mothballed in the off season.) They cooked in the BLM's kitchen, watched the TVs, and played on the computers, in anticipation of the imminent revolution. The County Sheriff came out a couple times to visit. He left his gun at home, not wanting to stir up any more fuss than necessary. A bunch of locals even showed up once or twice to have a cup of coffee and look around a little. The militants attracted all sorts of media types and made a lot of noise about government overreach and getting all this land returned to its rightful original owners, by which they meant the local ranchers, of course. It was around that time that the Paiutes showed up, also unarmed, by the way. They didn't object to the general language of the demands, but they had a slightly different perspective on the big picture.

It looks like the Bundy Bunch might be getting the hint, finally. They asked to use the county fairgrounds (also vacant this time of year) for a public meeting to determine their exit strategy. The sheriff declined. I believe his actual response was something like, "You don't need an exit strategy, MF, you just need to saddle up and ride."

AMF Mr. Bundy.
Adios My Friend.
Distilling at 110f and 75 torr.
I'm not an absinthe snob, I'm The Absinthe Nazi. "NO ABSINTHE FOR YOU!"
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: AMF Mr. Bundy

Post by Truckinbutch »

Rather provocative topic you are broaching on a home distilling forum . What news sources are you quoting to make your judgement ? You have made no reference to prosecutorial misconduct that led to the Hammond's initial conviction . Or lies spread by a corrupt Sheriff . Or heavy handed tactics on the part of BLM . Or FBI misconduct . And on it goes ................
Maybe this topic is best left alone here until the whole story comes out .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Truckinbutch wrote:Rather provocative topic you are broaching on a home distilling forum . What news sources are you quoting to make your judgement ? You have made no reference to prosecutorial misconduct that led to the Hammond's initial conviction . Or lies spread by a corrupt Sheriff . Or heavy handed tactics on the part of BLM . Or FBI misconduct . And on it goes ................
Maybe this topic is best left alone here until the whole story comes out .
agreed rule5
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

having lived way to close to Ruby Ridge in its time

+1 Truckinbutch and tater, time will tell
be water my friend
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Absolutely no way this thread can lead to anything positive or productive.
skow69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by skow69 »

My apologies. I was honestly not trying to start a fight. I wouldn't have mentioned it at all if it wasn't in my back yard. It's pretty big news around here, and I thought that some members might like to get some of the local take to compare with what they hear from the national media. That's all.

If it is that toxic, I won't mention it again.

Back to 'stillin'.
Distilling at 110f and 75 torr.
I'm not an absinthe snob, I'm The Absinthe Nazi. "NO ABSINTHE FOR YOU!"
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

I have a lot to say about this but I think that is the problem.
Just too sensitive of a topic.
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

I wonder what those boy's have for alcohol spirits?
If they have their own still, they might last longer :lol:
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Definitely too sensitive of a topic... Views on the subject are varied and I don't think all of the facts have been made public from either side... Long story short, it's someone elses battle, not ours... Let them clean up their own mess while we stick to stilling... All commenting for one side or the other will do is get this topic locked...
GrassHopper
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by GrassHopper »

Does this mean I am not invited to the party? :(
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Agreed. Folks here got all kinds of views.
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

And the reason we are here is to talk about making liquor. :thumbup:
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

suprised this is still going. wounder what time will tell of it.