Whats your job?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Whats your job?

Post by yakattack »

Do I hear a source for cheaper white/french oak quarter sawn boards?... lol
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
Deerhunter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deerhunter »

Any job, is a good job as long as the bills get paid....
Sky Diving without a parachute is a once in a life time experience!
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

we saw birch, maple, poplar,tamarack and hemlock.
i could work in some oak when it comes along.
anything goes if the price is right
got some kd`d oak though.may bring some home
hmmmmmm.any orders
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

i take crap covers critters and turn them into prime cuts of meat.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
DoubleJ
Bootlegger

Post by DoubleJ »

I'm a general contractor. Been on my own now for about 9 years. I do mostly interior renovations - bathrooms, kitchens and basements are my bread and butter, maybe about 80% of what I do. Although I have done additions and other larger projects, they don't come along too often. Before that, I worked for Tremco in Toronto. Started in '92 as a student/temp in the plant, while I went to university. Did three summers, then hired fulltime in '96. Did a couple more years in the plant, then moved to the office in a couple different planning roles. Before that, maybe around '89 - '90, I worked for a framing contractor framing houses. From '87 - '90 I worked full/part time in a local tire shop changing tires and rims. My first job in '84 was a stock boy at a local store, kind of like a mini Kmart.
Seek to understand...
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

Lol,deleted.... I don't do anything ilegial but man its an interesting occupation.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
spiff
Swill Maker

Post by spiff »

Did a lot of shit jobs, mostly in IT.. but got the best gig now.. mostly because I get to work from home. Putting out fires over the wire in my comfy chair.. and I never thought I would get paid to run my still..(grin)
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Well I was the supervisor at a ship yard until I decided not to lie to a government official. Walked in monday and was called to the office where I seen the dreaded envelope with the president of the company and the head of HR. I asked If they were letting me go, they said yes... so I warned them to not say ONE word. Silence for about one minute as I stood there, shaking my head I walked out and had to laugh just a little knowing now they have to explain to the government why they lied. All I had to do was lie but I don't think I wanted federal charges now they will probably be facing.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Shine0n wrote:Well I was the supervisor at a ship yard until I decided not to lie to a government official. Walked in monday and was called to the office where I seen the dreaded envelope with the president of the company and the head of HR. I asked If they were letting me go, they said yes... so I warned them to not say ONE word. Silence for about one minute as I stood there, shaking my head I walked out and had to laugh just a little knowing now they have to explain to the government why they lied. All I had to do was lie but I don't think I wanted federal charges now they will probably be facing.
Been in a similar situation myself . If you tell the lie you are the one that gets shafted . When you don't ; you walk away clean . That's what I did , too .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Shine0n wrote:Well I was the supervisor at a ship yard until I decided not to lie to a government official. Walked in monday and was called to the office where I seen the dreaded envelope with the president of the company and the head of HR. I asked If they were letting me go, they said yes... so I warned them to not say ONE word. Silence for about one minute as I stood there, shaking my head I walked out and had to laugh just a little knowing now they have to explain to the government why they lied. All I had to do was lie but I don't think I wanted federal charges now they will probably be facing.
I also walked away from a good paying job after being asked to "cook the books" for a major brand auto dealership I was managing... My signature on bogus paperwork could have lead to federal charges... I wasn't about to chance that when I was being groomed for a position at the corporate level in R&D... You don't bite the hand that wants to feed you for a lifetime...