The feds can't leave notin alone!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The feds can't leave notin alone!

Post by WooTeck »

Bushman wrote:
cob wrote:40 or so years ago on my first, last and only trip to Canada (skiing) first stop invermere. first after ski drink in Canada

I was ejected from the bar for drinking whiskey while standing on my own two feet. never been back.
40 years ago there were strange laws. My dad owned several Taverns one in Washington and one in Oregon. In Washington in the early 70's women could not sit at the bar and if a man was sitting at the bar and wanted to move to a table he could not pick up his beer and move, the bartender had to carry his glass from the bar to the table. Bars were closed on Sunday. In Oregon you could not have more than 2 pitchers of beer at your table at a time, if you finished a pitcher you could order a second.
on the same sort of note, is it true that bar stools in the states dont have back rests?
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Used to be that, in Washington, you couldn't even buy beer until after 2 pm on Sundays. Lots of old "Blue Laws" still exist out there across the country.
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

in scotland we can only buy offsales alcohol between 10am and 10pm. aparrently theres a natonal drinking problem. whitch is proved at 9:57pm when the shelfs are bare and every ones got their carry out on the way to the tills.