I'm shut down for a while.

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

I'm shut down for a while.

Post by jedneck »

Due to a family bitch fest with the oldest daughter and her piece of shit toddler friend (he don't even have enuf nuts to be called a boy). I decided to shut the cooking down till it cools off. I believe I got enuf if I ration it to last awhile. The daughter will have a lot of work to do if she wants to fix the bridges that she burnt.
Don't worry I'm not going anywhere, just gonna lay low with the cooking.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Re: I'm shut down for a while.

Post by still_stirrin »

Lotza wisdom in your post jed. We're here to support you.

Howz yer uncle doing?
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Sorry to hear Jedneck :(

It sucks when other peoples Bs negatively affects you.

I hope all smooths over and is back to normal before you know it

B
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Sorry to hear of your problems, we only have one family!
skow69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by skow69 »

That sucks, Jed, but it is the wise thing to do under those circumstances. Hang in there. If you run low, give us a holler. We'll make up a care package for you.
Distilling at 110f and 75 torr.
I'm not an absinthe snob, I'm The Absinthe Nazi. "NO ABSINTHE FOR YOU!"
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Thanks guys. The ball is in her court. If she has any brains and remembers who raised her nothing will happen. But the little pecker head I don't trust at all. And he has her so brain washed it aint funny. I ain't scared and will take anything that comes along. And if I go down I'll do my damnedest to drag his dope smoking ass right down with me. I ain't gonna break any laws but I'll burn his ass too. Karma is a muther forker. Comes around goes around.

Uncle is on the mend. They took the full cast/bandage off and put a smaller cast on to keep him from moving his hand to much so the tendons don't tear. It will be 6-9 months till he starts getting feeling back in his fingers.
big help
Dunder
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

Bushman wrote:Sorry to hear of your problems, we only have one family!
That is so true. I'm hoping she sees the ills in her ways but I WILL cut all ties with her if that is what she wants. I spent a long time last nite with à good friend and it has been along time since I shed that many tears. But it did help.

I dumped almost 50 gallons of wash and mash today. The damn fish are prolly happy as allgetout right now.
big help
Dunder
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Sorry to hear Jed, as skow said, you holler and we'll get a care package going! Hang in there.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

There may be 4 gallons of cask strength and 7-8 gallons of lowwines stashed around the woods. I should be good for a while.
big help
Dunder
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Sorry I'm so far away....id like to help you kick that peckerwoods ass.
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Jed, I hope this turns out OK for you and your family.
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

Bigbob wrote:Sorry I'm so far away....id like to help you kick that peckerwoods ass.
Depending on his attitude an adjustment is already on order. :ewink: :angel:
big help
Dunder
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Wasn't implying that you needed help.... Just liked to be there :sarcasm:
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

Bigbob wrote:Wasn't implying that you needed help.... Just liked to be there :sarcasm:
I won't be there either. I'd have plenty of alibis. :angel:
big help
Dunder
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Prolly better to happen sooner than later ..
Weed out the vermin so as to carry on with a better, less bullshite infested life.
Hope the best.
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

You know we all got your back .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Sorry to hear Jed. Family problems aren't much fun. Haven't spoken to my sister in 3 years. Parents don't like that, but they don't see what causes it (she loves drama, I had to tell her not to contact me anymore . . . and i got a text message reply right after "Ok. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" . . . yup, that mature, and full of drama, but been better since i cut ties . . . tough decision being family so I feel your pain). At least I still get along with parents. Summer is here, and that means I should be getting some more lemon syrup, and when i get my share i'll send ya some to help stretch out that stash of yours. Take care and hope it all works out.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

at least with an alcohol problem, you can get rid of it.
estrogen is much harder to dispose of.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Karma is best served cold.

He got a open window an you got him.

So I'm tole
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

goose eye wrote:Karma is best served cold.

So I'm tole
Been thinkin on the same lines , Jed . Think that Dickhead could fly as well off the porch as that cat did at Jedfest ?
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

While I believe in action against a foe. Family to me is a bit different. I am young but have lived a very complex life. I say do as you can to engraciate your foe into your life. Do all you can and more. But when things become apparent that they will not adjust. Cut all ties and never look back. They will hurt you very chance they get. Best to leave them in the dust and forget they ever lived
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

So I'm tole
:sarcasm: Them buzzworms crawl into the strangest places
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

Truckinbutch wrote:

So I'm tole
Been thinkin on the same lines , Jed . Think that Dickhead could fly as well off the porch as that cat did at Jedfest ?
As much as I would like to find out I have no intention of harming him. Like I say karma is a bitch. But if he shows his face here and strikes first I will defend my family. I realize that we all make stupid choices and while I don't agree with the choice she made long as she is happy I'm fine. I am going to try and talk to her without the dickhead around to see if there is any hope on mending the fence. I realize it will take work on both sides but I don't wann loose my girl. The worst fear I got is dying with a broken heart.

My old man died with a broken heart because both him and my half sister where to bullheaded and stubborn to mend the fence. I was there when he passed and saw it in his eyes. Then saw it in sisters eyes when me and the brother told her that dad was gone.

Yea I should be at work but I am a wreck and couldn't do it today.
big help
Dunder
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

you're right man, always leave the door open for family.
I'm in something similar, old fella lost the plot and gambled away all his money as well as everyone elses close to him, wive left him, old friends tried to hunt him down and kick his ass.
All this made him feel very sorry for himself and he tried to end it with pills, all this was going on when my wife was expecting our second son.

Many a sleepless nights, him in and out of psychiatric clinic, still shiting on about ending it.

fast forward a year and a half and we meet with him for the first time since all this went down, I took the whole family to Sweden for a week to let the kids meet their granddad.
All went well until he started boasting and giggling about how much money he gambled away and how many pills he took, the older I get the more I realise he is very immature.

We went home and chatted the odd time via skype so he can see the kiddos, he seemed to be on the mend and was planning for the future.
Then i got a message from his now exwife saying he was in ER as he'd popped loads of pills again, I got more angry and dissapointed that scared for him this time.
Eventually he pulled through but if he would have copped it I would have dealt with it too, feels like I've an extra kid to look after....

I told him he will not get to see his now 3 grand kids again until can trust him to act like an adult and deal with his issues, I don;t want them to have him in their life for him to then just end it, rather they didn't know him at all..

So yeah....... life can throw you some curve balls, how you deal with them is what define you as a man.
Keep the door ajar and hope she'll come to her senses
Don't be a dick
Rastus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rastus »

Jed.
in this life ... i have 5 sons and 2 daughters, I have tasted some of the pain you are going through. some of the best advise i ever heard and applied was .... stay calm as you can when your mad... walk away if you have to. until you are both calm and then sort it out in a calm manner... thats hard for me... but the well thought out reasoning tends to touch both hearts with the real love that strengthens the bond...,. if your lucky. and i am right there with you on the Karma... burning the bridge with family is never good....

its tough pulling the weeds that crop up sometimes... often they will tire and go away.

when i read your post i recalled something i saw once.... i will say here that for me Humor in any situation is a good way of coping....

but this that i post here is intended to invoke a grin from somewhere deep inside... when i have dealt with hard headed kids/ young adults this one pops in my head as a pleasant distraction.

Hang in there Bro!
Attachments
is it too late.jpg
She was just a moonshiner,
But he loved her Still
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

My granny use to say I shoulda pinched their heads off like diddles when they was little
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
googe
retired

Post by googe »

Is there a aunty/uncle, family friend, sibling that can talk to her, mediate jed?. Someone not as emotionally involved that has a understanding of the situation. Good luck mate, hope it all turns out right.
Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
"Homer J Simpson"
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

In my experiences, kids come back around ..Siblings not as much.
Like my mom has said (jokingly I hope), "I brought you into this world, I can take you out ". :D
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
city shiner
Bootlegger

Post by city shiner »

Jedneck, I rarely ever post but Im here reading every single day. I havent cooked anything for a real similiar situation. I got 2 stepdaughters that I dont get along with (understatement). I started getting stuff to make a unit. I still am getting stuff together. Got handed down some of my pops tools. Things were looking good. Then i have a blow out with the step kid. Step kid tells me she already told her pop (who is a worthless POS) that i wanted to run a still in the house. And he filled her head with the whole "moonshine is poison crap. Meanwhile he is a cokehead and has a pot grow in the house. If i get rid of the kid I have to get rid of the wife. I like the wife. One helluva lot. Wifes solution is for me to just do it, shes in denial about the possibility of Johnny Law and Judge Hammer wrecking crap. So no go for me for now. Good luck with everything. My real daughter is my heart and soul, so i feel ya.
skow69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by skow69 »

Don't burn the bridge, Jed. I raised two boys and a girl. My oldest boy died in a car wreck 10 years ago. Nothing hurts like losing a child. Don't burn the bridge.
Distilling at 110f and 75 torr.
I'm not an absinthe snob, I'm The Absinthe Nazi. "NO ABSINTHE FOR YOU!"