Fathers Day

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Old Gray Dog
Site Donor
Site Donor

Fathers Day

Post by Old Gray Dog »

Its a Sunday and beautiful out. Woke up to the bird sounds outside my window instead of the alarm clock. Thats good enough for Fathers Day for me. Last night to remember my dad, my son and I went through my dads foot locker. Think Ill shave today with the Gillette safety razor we rediscovered in it. We googled it, looks like 1921 so must have been his dads. Sunny out so I'll be wearing his Absorb-o-ray aviator sun glasses. Plan on leak testing the water side ofthe new liebig condenser I just finished, then mounting a trailer hitch on my older son's SUV (with him), then we'll all go over to my daughter's for a bbq. Play with my grandson some. I am lucky, I wish more dads could be so blessed.
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Fathers Day

Post by BoomTown »

Old Gray Dog wrote:Its a Sunday and beautiful out. Woke up to the bird sounds outside my window instead of the alarm clock. Thats good enough for Fathers Day for me. Last night to remember my dad, my son and I went through my dads foot locker. Think Ill shave today with the Gillette safety razor we rediscovered in it. We googled it, looks like 1921 so must have been his dads. Sunny out so I'll be wearing his Absorb-o-ray aviator sun glasses. Plan on leak testing the water side ofthe new liebig condenser I just finished, then mounting a trailer hitch on my older son's SUV (with him), then we'll all go over to my daughter's for a bbq. Play with my grandson some. I am lucky, I wish more dads could be so blessed.
Yep, you are a lucky man! Have a wonderful day. :clap: :thumbup:
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Today is a bright sunny day, guessing the view on the Salish Sea is pretty spectacular. I am currently looking out at the water on Hood Canal, just finished cleaning shrimp for a low country boil dinner tonight and at low tide plan on digging some butter clams for appetizers.
Old Gray Dog
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Old Gray Dog »

Bman you are seeing the same fine day I am. Different view though. I have many fond memories of times spent on the Hood Canal. Can't begin to count the bushels of oysters and clams I've harvested and enjoyed from its shores. Still am. Marion berrie are out. Think I'll be collecting enough to try a cold maceration on some DWWG. I think that will be a great combination.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Happy Fathers Day, dads!

Anyone in DC today can swing by to get dad a free Malort at Coney & Ivy
image.jpeg
Last edited by MichiganCornhusker on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:Happy Fathers Day, dads!

Anyone in DC today can swing by to get dad a free Malort at Coney & Ivy
image.jpeg
Hey! IF you are around, you can drop by our place in Arlington VA and I'll give you a free Uncle Lum's Whiskey!

text me at 703 593 9056 if you're coming, I'll be at the pool!

Boom
“…Let’s do this one more time....”