East Coast members check in

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

East Coast members check in

Post by Bushman »

After Hurricane Mathew hit I would like our members from the east coast to check in and let us know you are all right! I feel for the family's that were in it's path.
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Re: East Coast members check in

Post by dieselduo »

I live in Volusia county, Fla which was hit pretty good, but all we had in our neighborhood were a few downed trees. The electricity is back on and all is well
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Nothing but heavy rain here...but...

My mother is in Daytona Beach and luckily only suffered a TRASHED yard. The house was just fine but she said there must be shingles to 50 different houses in their yard. All in all pretty lucky to only have some down trees and missing fences.

My in-laws are in N.C. they have had major flooding in the area. They regained power today around noon but still have no water and are told they will have to boil the water whenever it does come back on. Last i heard there were a few dams breaking in the area now. Long ways to go to clean it all up.

Lots of prayers to all the family's along the coast. It's been a tough weekend.
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Glad to hear from the 2 of you, makes me a bit worried we haven't heard from more members. I am sure some are just busy getting back from the evacuation, cleaning up after any wreckage to property, and possibly without power to communicate. LWTCS still waiting to hear from you!
Rng4
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rng4 »

I got family in Daytona and they got some minor damage but nothing serious. I'm south of Tampa on the west coast of Florida and we didn't even get any rain.
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

only had a little rain in CT. my parents live near daytona. there property seems to be ok but large sections of rt A1A along the shore are heavily damaged
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Glad to hear it! :thumbup:
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Larry texted me Friday sayn all was good with just some clean-up.
Thinkn the Carolina's got the worst ..
Got friends in Lumberton, NC and phones are out, not being able to make contact ...Cell and land lines ring a couple times, then go to busy signal.
Hopefully everyone's ok
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Ga Flatwoods is alive and well. Civic duties for my job have had me preoccupied. Will be busy for a while. Miss having the time necessary to find the forum. Me and mine were extremely lucky, some were not so much. Continue to pray for those still in the "Matthew Campaign" !
Thanks.
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ga flatwoods wrote:Ga Flatwoods is alive and well. Civic duties for my job have had me preoccupied. Will be busy for a while. Miss having the time necessary to find the forum. Me and mine were extremely lucky, some were not so much. Continue to pray for those still in the "Matthew Campaign" !
Thanks.
Glad to hear you are ok . Told Bigbob last night I figured your job had you busier than a 3 legged cat tryin to cover shit in a chicken yard .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

LOL that is a good description there TB! Our county looks like a carpet bombing campaign. Much power outages and trees down with liile flooding. We were blessed!
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Is that as busy as a one legged midget in an arse kicking contest TB?

It came north and we got rain and heavy wind here but nothing serious. A few hr's north of here in Cape Breton though they've got the worst flooding in their history. Traditional "high spots" were under 3ft of water, the low spots..well all you see is peaks of the roofs. I heard Newfoundland got it pretty bad too but don't have any real news on the place.

I got the boats and dock pulled in at the cottage before it hit and at my new house (on the other side of the same lake) I do have some questionable trees but they all held up well.
Prayers for those less fortunate.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Watching the news it's amazing more of our members haven 't been seriously effected, tonight we will have winds here on the Pacific coast with gusts of 60 mph directly due to hurricane Mathew. I cannot ever remember a hurricane on the east coast effecting the PNW.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

On a side not they are expecting power outages in my area this evening so I might be off line until power is restored if it goes out!
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

All is well in eastern Va. Alot of downed trees, the lower end of my town right on the Chesapeake Bay was flooded quite good though. I seen on the news where in Chesapeake, VA Beach, Norfolk all had major flooding. Cars floating down the roads, my prayers go out to those families affected by the storm!!!
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

Bushman wrote: I cannot ever remember a hurricane on the east coast effecting the PNW.
typhoon songda is the reason you might need to hunker down bushman.

Mathew's effects didn't reach very far west of the east coast.

not even to Chicago.

I hope that all are well on the east coast.
be water my friend
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

No effects from Mathew in Ky ..No wind or rain..Storms do make here most the time ..We get flack from all directions..50-70 mph winds pretty common.
We're in Tornado Alley tho.
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

cob wrote:
Bushman wrote: I cannot ever remember a hurricane on the east coast effecting the PNW.
typhoon songda is the reason you might need to hunker down bushman.

Mathew's effects didn't reach very far west of the east coast.

not even to Chicago.

I hope that all are well on the east coast.
Your right Cob, the first news I saw said Mathews which really didn't make a lot of sense. Well our power flickered and went out for a moment but nothing like what was expected.