What's Your Pet Peeve?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

shadylane
Master of Distillation

Re: What's Your Pet Peeve?

Post by shadylane »

shadylane wrote:My Pet Peeve,
Hells fire, give me a little while and I'll figure out a good one :lol:
My Pet Peeve is, Folks with hundreds of Pet Peeve's :lol:
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Families that put there parents in containment areas waiting , nursing homes, them to die.
Them parents wiped there kids ass , did without
so they could have somethin. Visited many a ole boy in the thangs an would rather die with dignity than that.

Folks that believe the spin the government put out that all bootleg was bad then parrot it.

So I'm tole
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

goose eye wrote:Families that put there parents in containment areas waiting , nursing homes, them to die.
Them parents wiped there kids ass , did without
so they could have somethin. Visited many a ole boy in the thangs an would rather die with dignity than that.

Folks that believe the spin the government put out that all bootleg was bad then parrot it.

So I'm tole
Both my grandparents (really parents,they raised me for the most part) died in their home as comfortable as they could be. That's where they wanted to be so that's where they were with all of us boys at their side.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Doin everything I can do to keep my mom in her house where she's happy.
So far, so good ...Tough gig.
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bushman wrote:...however some of the information is dated and through memberships testing and updating designs we have changed our attitude on many items thus the importance of research.
Exactly why when you send people to the parent site you need to include a disclaimer and not act like it is the end all be all in this hobby. Really how hard is it to just tell the people you send there that there is some bad information. I feel not including a disclaimer when sending them to the parent site is irresponsible and giving people bad information, that's why it's a pet peeve.

As far as what appears to be Moonbreath making baseless accusations about me, he has done that before and oddly enough that really isn't a pet peeve. He is free to think what he wants and it doesn't bother me.
Last edited by cranky on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgreen2002
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgreen2002 »

People who use rubber in the vapor path....Aluminum boilers... copper coated scrubbies.... clowns....
HD Glossary - Open this
A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers - start here
BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS FROM HOME DISTILLER
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

contrahead wrote:
pfshine wrote:Link doesn't work contrahead
Sorry. I think there might have been a space in my original link. Try it now.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/2QOwAJ2ez6U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Doesn't matter how many facts or realities you show or present, it won't change because people are blind to their political side.. Homicides and child rape doesn't matter because the illegal aliens want a better future. A future that homicide and child rape is all good. As it seems now the future is bright for them.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

pfshine wrote:
contrahead wrote:
pfshine wrote:Link doesn't work contrahead
Sorry. I think there might have been a space in my original link. Try it now.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/2QOwAJ2ez6U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Doesn't matter how many facts or realities you show or present, it won't change because people are blind to their political side.. Homicides and child rape doesn't matter because the illegal aliens want a better future. A future that homicide and child rape is all good. As it seems now the future is bright for them.
Yes, the giggling fool at the debates would swear that each and every one of those criminals were totally innocent children and babies that evil doers are trying to doom to a life of poverty. I don't see them housed at Chappaqua.
LM Still Operating Instructions
Cranky's New Distiller's Advice
Using Google Search

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Mine is adults who cant remember the rules here .Like rule 5. Do not discuss politics or religion. These forums are a friendly place for a community which shares a common interest: creating high quality spirits. These discussions only divide people and quickly lead to flaming and hard feelings. Or Rule 2. Be polite and courteous. Remember that nobody is perfect and nobody knows everything. We've all got our strengths and limitations which is why we share information with each other in the first place. Remember that we're all different and nothing is going to change that fact. And off topic posting.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
contrahead
Trainee

Post by contrahead »

How about not being able to find a can opener that works? Last few years I've gone through about a dozen can openers, both electric and hand crank - that won't open a can. Almost all of them were made in China too. When I get desperate I have to pull out the Swiss army knife or a P-38.
Attachments
P-38_Can_Opener.jpg
Omnia mea mecum porto
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

contrahead wrote:How about not being able to find a can opener that works? Last few years I've gone through about a dozen can openers, both electric and hand crank - that won't open a can. Almost all of them were made in China too. When I get desperate I have to pull out the Swiss army knife or a P-38.
Oddly, I just picked a P-38 off a customers desk yesterday and quizzed her (in her late 70's) whether she knew the name of the tool and what it was used for... She had no clue until I explained it to her... All she knew was that someone gave it to her and nothing more...
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

Pricks.
Blah, blah, blah,........
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

contrahead wrote:How about not being able to find a can opener that works? Last few years I've gone through about a dozen can openers[/url].
Yup ! Many are called but few are chosen. LOL. Have quite few on the scrap heap myself but our 30 year old Rival opener is still chuggin' along.

Bought this baby. Darn thing is bullet proof.Suspect that it will open a Sherman tank. :lolno:
Attachments
Restaurant-Desk-Style-Can-Opener-Industrial-Table-Mount-Manual-Commercial-Bottle-Tin-Opener-Jar-Opener-Cooking.jpg_640x640.jpg
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

I'd have to say my biggest pet peeve is getting my socks wet. Especially when it's due to someone just leaving a mess behind.

I have many other pet peeves, too damn many to ponder on. I might just piss myself off. :lol:
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Ranters

Folks that have the last word no matter what.

Dirty CDs or DVDs.
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
Rng4
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rng4 »

Dogs that bark non-stop for absolutely no good reason. Wife's dog can bark in his sleep
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Post by dieselduo »

FMH , where did you get the opener ? I need one like that !
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

online restaurant supply. They range in price from under a C note to ridiculou$.

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ivs=1& ... can+opener" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Edit to add this link:

https://www.katom.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Post by dieselduo »

a little pricey but Christmas is around the corner, thanx
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

dieselduo wrote:a little pricey but Christmas is around the corner, thanx
Yeah but it was one of my cheapskate days LOL

https://www.katom.com/158-HL010.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

My pet peeve is pet peeves.
LM Still Operating Instructions
Cranky's New Distiller's Advice
Using Google Search

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic.
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

I have a pet peeve. Her name is asshole.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Another of my pet peeves reared its ugly head earlier... I absolutely cannot stand hearing people call a baby, toddler, or boy a "little man"...!!! They grow up quick enough as it is so let them be innocent children as long as possible... When they still can't talk, and shit and piss in a diaper, they sure as hell aren't a little man...!!! Men have gone through puberty and are ready to enter, or already have entered, the adult world of working... Nobody ever calls a female toddler a "little woman"...!!! "Oh, she's such a little woman!"... Nope...!!! Never happens...!!!

Kevin Hart is a self-proclaimed grown ass little man, and justifiably so... :lolno:
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hound Dog wrote:My pet peeve is pet peeves.
I try to list my PP in joking form if that has come through in my posts. Dang ! Life's too short. :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :wave:
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

HDNB wrote:i'm pretty laid back. not much pisses me off.
except...

i can't help myself. that kind of stupid is contageous. fuck, it pisses me off. i'm mad right now just thinking about it. grr. :evil:
Whoa. Laid back has a different definition in the northern part of the northern hemisphere. :)

HD, as you've found out with me, you can't fix stupid. Folks doing that type of thing are destined for an ER. What i do when I encounter bad folks, and the behavior that angers you is beyond bad, is let local LEO through a tip to their non-emergency number with a license plate, location, and behavior.

Then I offer some sign language in order to let the jerk know what I think. With a big smile.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

As mentioned in another tread litter bugs and that whole someone else can clean up my shit mentality. We had woods all around and you can't dive down a dirt track in these hills without seeing where some arsehole has dumped a boot/ trunk load of shit. Its almost always dickhead form the city that waste $15 in fuel to save a $10 dump fee and cause someone else to clean up after them. Then there is the cans and bottles all along the side of the roads here, you just don't see that back home. In SA there is a 10c deposit on them, has been for many decades and pensioners make good beer money doing the rounds but not here and God only knows why
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Havin a casual conversation with a local LEO down to the local 'Stop an Rob' store . He looked in the back of my pickup and remarked that I could be ticketed for all those open containers laying in the bed :
"Go ahead and write it up , document that evidence and fingerprint it for the court case we are going to have that you are going to lose . That is roadside trash I picked up out of my fields thrown out by the drunk drivers you guys have failed to catch . You stop that and I won't have all that roadside trash to clean off my property . Call the Sheriff and ask him how he wants you to proceed ."
"Sheriff says , 'Thank you for your community service and you have a nice day , Sir .' "
Yep , it went just thatta way .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Got a trac of land the been in the family for long long time. Eminent domain cut it in two for a road
Folks love back up an dumpin there trash an burn barrels. We wait til some fool dumps and leaves a name and address. We then call the law and they make em clean it all up. Don't matter if they dumped it or not. This tract is in the middle of no where so security out of question. Tried trail cameras but they stole em. I put hot bee hives close but it dont do no good in winter.

So I'm tole
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

goose eye wrote:Got a trac of land the been in the family for long long time. Eminent domain cut it in two for a road
Folks love back up an dumpin there trash an burn barrels. We wait til some fool dumps and leaves a name and address. We then call the law and they make em clean it all up. Don't matter if they dumped it or not. This tract is in the middle of no where so security out of question. Tried trail cameras but they stole em. I put hot bee hives close but it dont do no good in winter.

So I'm tole
We do the same here , Goose . We (and the Deputy ) find any valid name and address in the trash and that's the Mother Humper that's going to jail . Threatened with that , they give up who dumped it . Works out well .... They got company in jail and someone to share the fines with ..................... I wish .....................
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Truckinbutch wrote:
goose eye wrote:Got a trac of land the been in the family for long long time. Eminent domain cut it in two for a road

So I'm tole
We do the same here , Goose . We (and the Deputy ) find any valid name and address in the trash and that's the Mother Humper that's going to jail . Threatened with that , they give up who dumped it . Works out well .... They got company in jail and someone to share the fines with ..................... I wish .....................
Round here the person who's name is on the trash is the person who had their mail stolen and had nothing to do with the illegal dumping. I sometimes metal detect in parks, at one park near me there isn't a square inch of ground that doesn't set my detector off due to foil, bottle caps, pop tops or some other trash.