Calling in sick excuses ???

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Calling in sick excuses ???

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

Jess musin' about a lifetime ago when I actually had to arise from my bed and be productive. :lol: :lol:

We had a "weather related" call in line to be used for weather related absences so I used it.

Nice 90 degree August day. 8) Sunshine blue skies. :clap: Yeah baby !!!

Got called into the office the next day. ??????

Explanation please there, FMH !!!!.

Explained that I took the day off to ride my motorcycle.

BIG meeting the next day on call in protocols. :evil: :roll:

I'm retired from one of the Harley factories and naively assumed they would naturally "see it my way"

Guess not . :crazy: :crazy:

FMH

90 degree day + blue skies + BIKE what's not to understand ? LOL.
Blah, blah, blah,........
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Calling in sick excuses ???

Post by Bigbob »

I'm lucky in that my boss is a little queasy.......he does not want any details,just call and say sick day. :thumbup:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Liberal management level civil servants are to be cherished and embraced. Yer a lucky dude, dood. :wave:
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

'Hello ? Boss Man ? Ok , I got the 'Brown Bottle Flue" . If you force me to come to work I might infect the rest of the Union workforce and they will all have to seek medical attention .'
" What's that ? Could i use 4 hours 'show up time' on my check to make me feel better enough to not come in and expose ALL the other workers to the same ailment ? Certainly ! See you tomorrow ."
:) Negotiation is better than domination .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Oct thru January... My uncle buck (imaginary person -real deer)is sick and may die so I won't be able to come in today. What's wrong with him? Lead poisoning.
This can be drug out for quite a bit of off (hunting)time. In the spring change it to cousin tom(turkey). If they wanna know how your uncle and cousins both got lead poisoning make up something about poorly made homemade booze....
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Guess I'm lucky, Like Bigbob all I have to do is call in and say I need a personal day.
kimbodious
Distiller

Post by kimbodious »

I call in MHD's aka Mental Health Days, you know the sort of days you require otherwise you'll grab the axe and ventillate some well-deserving galoot
--
50L Beer keg boiler, 2200W element
Modular 2" Pot Still
opinions are free and everybody has them, experience costs you time
Deerhunter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deerhunter »

Have a problem with my eyes today........Just can't see coming to work! :lol:
Sky Diving without a parachute is a once in a life time experience!
jsanders420
Novice

Post by jsanders420 »

I worked for a publishing company that put out hunting and fishing magazines. I called in one Monday and said the flounder were biting too good to miss. They said OK, take pictures and write an article. Done and done.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I was teaching an exercise class and had them run to a place that had over 100 stairs up. We spent 1/2 hour jogging up the stairs and down the other side. First every step, next time up every other step exc. At the end we jogged back to the gym and on the way back you go through the school parking lot. One of my students returned very late so I asked him why. His response was he was helping a blind person find their car!
Badmotivator
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Badmotivator »

FreeMountainHermit wrote:
90 degree day + blue skies + BIKE what's not to understand ? LOL.
Reminds me of a time I got pulled over for speeding on Old Smokey. State Trooper says, "any reason you were going so fast?"

I thought for a couple of seconds and said, "Welp. No good ones, I guess. But I got a full tank of gas, good weather, an empty highway, and a hall pass from my wife."

Turns out that's a good way to turn a ticket into a friendly warning. :)
DoubleJ
Bootlegger

Post by DoubleJ »

A while back I had a guy working for me. He was a decent worker, but after a while I started getting the excuses from him, mostly about his back. At first I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but he kept on with it. It was up to about 2 days a month. I finally had it one day with the BS. The day he called in I was removing a concrete pool deck. I had cut it up into sizable chunks. The next day when he came in those chunks (some 80lbs - 100 lbs each and about 50 - 60 of them) were conveniently left right where I cut them up - around the deck of the pool. I told him they had to be put in the bin in the driveway, and that I had to leave for a client meeting and probably wouldn't be back for about 3 hours. When I got back, all the concrete had been put in the bin. And oddly enough, he never did say a word about his back....
Seek to understand...
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Deerhunter wrote:Have a problem with my eyes today........Just can't see coming to work! :lol:
That's called anal glaucoma. You can't see your ass coming in to work today.

Call in and say I'm too sick to work. The boss says "well how sick are you?" You then say you had your dog lick peanut butter off your manhood while your brother watched in the corner workin his gerkin. Boss says that is pretty sick. Take the day off. (I have a more graphic one but it may be frowned upon)

As for the back thing. I don't know if he was malingering or not but back issues are not something to scoff at. My back is pretty messed up but I still don't call in for it. Thankfully most bad flare-ups happen on Saturdays after a long work week. It take hours to get out of bed if I even can. I just had a dozen shots in my spine of cortisone and a nerve blocker. This is the first time a decade I wake up not in pain. That being said I always out worked everyone around me. If I wasn't doing twice as much work as the rest I felt I failed that day.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

pfshine wrote:That's called anal glaucoma.
Rectal blurr. :lol:
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

I delivered the message in person. I got a call at lunch on a Thursday, looked across the table at the boss and said

my racing sailboat just showed up from san diego the winds blowing and its 95 in this shop see you Monday.

for 4 months the entire crew had been calling bs on me having a sailboat delivered to Idaho. I had wind in my sails by 2.
be water my friend
spiff
Swill Maker

Post by spiff »

Great topic...

My top ones

Sewer backed up and trying to save a pile of clothes on my basement floor and mitigate damages.

Garage door fell off the rails and I'm waiting on help to get it back into the guides. Car is stuck.

Even easier.. pin it on someone else..."I gotta help my sister with a personal emergency she's having"
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

I no longer have to worry about calling in sick. But once upon a time :lol:
I'd call in and claim to have the 24 hour shits
What is now called Norovirus.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

I only call in when really sick.. been snet home from work several times going to work sick.. boss was like if your this bad today can't imagine what you were like yesterday... At the time had pneumonia for 3 months before the doc would treat me. They kept saying must be virus.. till they wanted to hospitalize me.

B
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

My son was at the doctor's, not at all well.
A long time ago so I don't remember the details...
So the doctor said, "I want you to take three days off work", and started to write it up.
Then he said, "Oh, no, you work for yourself, don't you?".....
Geoff
The Baker