A new youtube channel for distilling ?

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: A new youtube channel for distilling ?

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Jes2xu wrote:

Thanks for the tip guys. I did have a play with it a few weeks back when other people suggested it above. Typographically I totally agree, couldn't get it to work graphically though :(

And needed to lock something in fast to use on logo sting etc.
Keeping it simple like you did works for me and looks better than the other suggestions

OVZ
captjack6
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by captjack6 »

Just subscribed. Good job. I am also new. Just made my first run after spending a few months of reading. My results weren't great but it showed me where to make improvements.
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

. . . .your doing better than me then man! hahah

Awesome keep it up man! Did you build? Or buy ?
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

.......annnnnnd the new video is live.

Is home distilling dangerouse?
https://youtu.be/pGD2Jsf7Sos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Thanks a bunch to everyone that hooked me up with solid info!
pounsfos
Distiller

Post by pounsfos »

I saw your link on the nzhome distiller facebook webpage (are you running that as well, or is that someone else, I notice kiwistiller and a few other usernames on their) might have to join that as well.

I proposed this a wee while ago viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
I got alot of the same feedback (youtube was alot different in 2013), and think it's a good idea.

I'm hiding in Dunedin, there's a few distilleries down here,
I'm also vice president of Otago University Brewers Association, but that's mostly for beer, mead, wine, cider etc...
Point is we often talk to many local crsaft brewers and creaters of stuff in the industry, so things like fermentation, what type of yeast etc... can still pitch in on certain aspects of this craft.

Most of the time when people I know are getting into this hobby, I tell them not to watch Youtube (we were all novices once)

I just watched your first episodes, amazing presentation, fantastic editing, loved it I think your the man for the job!!!!!
my partner does graphic design and said your video, was simple, well edited, and nicely graphiced with easy to follow steps

they say the best way to learn something is by telling someone else about it, and as a teacher of another Hobby of mine, I can say, you are going to learn ALOT in your process

Keep up the good work :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :crazy: 8)
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

pounsfos wrote:I saw your link on the nzhome distiller facebook webpage (are you running that as well, or is that someone else, I notice kiwistiller and a few other usernames on their) might have to join that as well.

I proposed this a wee while ago viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
I got alot of the same feedback (youtube was alot different in 2013), and think it's a good idea.

I'm hiding in Dunedin, there's a few distilleries down here,
I'm also vice president of Otago University Brewers Association, but that's mostly for beer, mead, wine, cider etc...
Point is we often talk to many local crsaft brewers and creaters of stuff in the industry, so things like fermentation, what type of yeast etc... can still pitch in on certain aspects of this craft.

Most of the time when people I know are getting into this hobby, I tell them not to watch Youtube (we were all novices once)

I just watched your first episodes, amazing presentation, fantastic editing, loved it I think your the man for the job!!!!!
my partner does graphic design and said your video, was simple, well edited, and nicely graphiced with easy to follow steps

they say the best way to learn something is by telling someone else about it, and as a teacher of another Hobby of mine, I can say, you are going to learn ALOT in your process

Keep up the good work :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :crazy: 8)
Thanks a bunch dude! Really appreciate the feedback!

I totally agree , I have done short stints as a tutor / teacher of different things. And those times taught me more about the topic than pretty much any other. No better way to learn than to find out what you dont know quick smart.

If this thing looks like its taking off a bit I will be hitting the road with it. Visiting other people that have something of interest to offer viewers. If I come down your way I will get in touch if thats cool!? A big part of what I want to do is move the hobby out of the shadows, dispell some of the myths and stigmas. A university group could be kinda cool for that. As could be a trip to a few of your commercial contacts.
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

pounsfos wrote:I saw your link on the nzhome distiller facebook webpage (are you running that as well, or is that someone else, I notice kiwistiller and a few other usernames on their) might have to join that as well.

Nah the only things I run are branded as "still It" most with the @chasethecraft handle (insta, fb, twitter). I am a member in the forum as well though.

Cool , I just had a look over at that thread. Totally agree with a bunch of the stuff people were saying in terms of officially associating it with a forum etc. Which is why I decided to just set up my own thing which will interact with other communities that want to be involved.
Flintstone
Novice

Post by Flintstone »

Jes, just watched the vids and subscribed. Great job!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

Flintstone wrote:Jes, just watched the vids and subscribed. Great job!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome thanks!!

Were you number 100?? Just ticked over! :thumbup:
pounsfos
Distiller

Post by pounsfos »

Nah the only things I run are branded as "still It" most with the @chasethecraft handle (insta, fb, twitter). I am a member in the forum as well though.

Cool , I just had a look over at that thread. Totally agree with a bunch of the stuff people were saying in terms of officially associating it with a forum etc. Which is why I decided to just set up my own thing which will interact with other communities that want to be involved.
Fantastic Idea, definitely a good idea of doing your own thing, sometimes people don't like to watch videos that are biased to one place, rather than been free range

You will find alot of craft brewers, either do spirits on the side, or know a guy who does... like I said even Beer makers can give you fantastic information on fermenting processes, and all the pre-distilling goodness, and especially on how important sanitisation is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe make a mini (5-10) still to have some fun doing something like, distilling some brandy or some fruit soaked likker every fourtnight or so, that would be cool!!! or a good recipe for infusion do to, and a not so good recipe or infusion to stay away from.
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

pounsfos wrote:

Fantastic Idea, definitely a good idea of doing your own thing, sometimes people don't like to watch videos that are biased to one place, rather than been free range

You will find alot of craft brewers, either do spirits on the side, or know a guy who does... like I said even Beer makers can give you fantastic information on fermenting processes, and all the pre-distilling goodness, and especially on how important sanitisation is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe make a mini (5-10) still to have some fun doing something like, distilling some brandy or some fruit soaked likker every fourtnight or so, that would be cool!!! or a good recipe for infusion do to, and a not so good recipe or infusion to stay away from.
Thanks for the ideas dude! That is EXACTLY the sort of thing I am hoping to start doing! That and gin, lots of gin! Someone donated one of those little Chinese stainless pot stills to the cause. Im thinking I will use that for those kinds of things.

And yeah I figger I need a few things to give this a chance to succeded.

- Consistency! A vid every week. EVERY. WEEK!
- Interaction with the community, building up trust and comradery
- Decent production value
- Short Youtube suitable style content that adds togeather to create the bigger picture
- Legal . . . so it dosnt get taken down

There are a lot of people that have made AWESOME stuff that ticks a few of those boxes. And some that get 3-4 of them (mostly the last one holding people back I think)

So perhaps I can give it a go! haha.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

The legal thing is the problem for me and why I won't like the channel.. But I enjoy watching. Lots of good ideas here. Will be interesting to see things develop.

You have a bunch of topics I am sure to get you started

-The safty drill
-What kinda of still do I want with pros/cons of each then pick one to build
-Building your still (Miltiple part?)
-Running on propane and extra concerns
-Electrifying your still?
-Cleaning runs
-Your first run you can keep
-Sugar head vs all gain and point to some tried and true of each
-Your first wash
-First stuck ferment (when it happens how to fix and how to avoid for next time)
-Making cuts
-Oaking and agging (Assuming)
-Trying your first aged product. Could also do a multi part on aging and time.. A monthly checkin an tasting of things and description of the changes and colour change
-Aging using wood other than white oak
-Immersion and flavoring (cover stuff like panty dropper to gin)
-The switch to all grain. (This could be several episodes)
-Making a corn mash with liquid enzymes
-Making a single malt
-Making a bourbon
-Making Rum
-Making all grain Vodka
-Brandy and anything fruit
Could go through each tried and true recipe shwo it being made, then set away aging and do updates on it as its ready for drinking.
Long term aging.. Set some stuff away to age for 1-2 years and check back in on it in 1-2 years
Over oaking
etc

lots of potential episodes, what listed above might be multiple parts for each topic could keep you going for some time. I think a video a week should be achievable trick will be keeping things short adn small enough that does not kill you time wise to produce the videos.

Basically.. what I'm saying is create a storyboard/timeline of what topics you want to cover and when. Also if you have a teaser of what next weeks video will be so people know what coming will keep them coming back sorta liek a 15 second commercial at the end fo the episode about next weeks topic.

B
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

Jes2xu wrote:Is home distilling dangerouse?
https://youtu.be/pGD2Jsf7Sos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Again one more source in the internet, claiming methanol being in the foreshots.

Generally I think such videos are shortcuts. And when one really starts with the new hobby, problems will pop up right away, which need research and perhaps discussion, not short videos with some easy to understand basic information.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
pounsfos
Distiller

Post by pounsfos »

alternatively, what I have seen people do, is a "short version" of the topic (so less than 5 min video)
then a longer, more detailed video.

As you are new to this, taking each video step by step is a good idea, as it will take you a good week or so (i don't know how busy you are after work hours) to learn about the said topic, Get that still built ASAP as reading about how a still works, and actually running a still are definitely 2 different things.

I remember running my still for the first time, not going to lie, was a little scared and nervous, was worrying so much about how if i collected to much heads, I might kill someone from methanol poisoning, or send them to the hospital :lol: :lol: :roll:

But you're a few episodes away from even getting close to that topic. but definitely get a ferment going asap.

lovin what you do, do what your lovin
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

der wo wrote:
Jes2xu wrote:Is home distilling dangerouse?
Again one more source in the internet, claiming methanol being in the foreshots.

Generally I think such videos are shortcuts. And when one really starts with the new hobby, problems will pop up right away, which need research and perhaps discussion, not short videos with some easy to understand basic information.

Yup totally agree. Check the comment at the very top of the video, its pinned there.

That is what this is referring too. I got some solid feed back from some rather experienced people on that very topic before the video even went out.

In the end I decided to let it go for now. For 2 reasons:

1 - This miss information does not lead people to do anything dangerous.
2 - Trying to tackle this topic in 20 seconds in the middle of a safety overview was going to be . . . . tricky. It's a pretty entrenched view point that a lot have just taken to without much thought (myself included until I was provided with better evidence).

So, I am working on an entire video just about this. The entire thing will be dedicated to it, won't say too much yet as its not locked in. But, it will involve lab testing of samples throughout a run. As soon as its live a card will pop up at that point in this video directing people to the other video and stating the information is wrong. Unfortunately it looks like the ability to just annotate over a video has been lost for now (end cards vs annotations). Otherwise I would have a "watch this space notice pop up". Will look into that more.

Remember this is YouTube, not a self-help DVD. So the point is that it IS a discussion. Its not about creating a 4 hr video about a topic with all information contained in it.

I have no problem with screwing up in "public", as long as I get called out on it and then rectify the problem publicly as well. On that note, I have no problem with people criticizing the content of the video ON the video (Obviously some people would rather not have user names linked there and that's cool). In fact I encourage it. Once again it creates discussion.

Which actually makes me think I should go back and alter that comment to be more to the point. I will also drop something in the description to raise the possibilty of people seeing it.

So all in all, thanks for calling me out on it! I'm going to rely on people doing so! And rest assured any time people do so with solid fact / evidence behind them I will take the criticism as well as I can!
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

Video description and pinned comment have been updated.

My first muppet moment! The first of many I am sure!
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Jes2xu wrote:1 - This miss information does not lead people to do anything dangerous.
Not necessarily. Someone who mistakenly thinks they have gotten rid of the methanol in the foreshot or heads may be re running tails of high methanol fruit schnapps thinking they are safe, when the opposite is true.
http://bookshop.europa.eu/en/a-study-on ... CGNA16864/
Last edited by NZChris on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLP IV
Bootlegger

Post by JLP IV »

-Well made videos :thumbup:
-Great attitude :thumbup:

-Zero experience :thumbdown:
-Limited knowledge :thumbdown:

I think perhaps you jumped the gun by a few years. I look to folks speaking from actual experience and real knowledge based on having already done the deed. Once misinformation is being passed, and I know differently I tend not to give that person anymore of my attention.
That's my take anyhow. No harm intended.

How soon till you do any distillation yourself friend ?
Since the videos have started, I hope you have a mash/wash already started.
Prairiepiss wrote: Good thing we aren't bound by rules. And we can make it however we want. With whatever we want. As long as we don't talk to much about it in the open.
DAD300 wrote: And...ferment more and more often, always have something ready to distill.
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

NZChris wrote:
Jes2xu wrote:1 - This miss information does not lead people to do anything dangerous.
Not necessarily. Someone who mistakenly thinks they have gotten rid of the methanol in the foreshot or heads may be re running tails of high methanol fruit schnapps thinking they are safe, when the opposite is true.
http://bookshop.europa.eu/en/a-study-on ... CGNA16864/

Good point and will read that thanks for the link!
JLP IV wrote:-Well made videos :thumbup:
-Great attitude :thumbup:

-Zero experience :thumbdown:
-Limited knowledge :thumbdown:

I think perhaps you jumped the gun by a few years. I look to folks speaking from actual experience and real knowledge based on having already done the deed. Once misinformation is being passed, and I know differently I tend not to give that person anymore of my attention.
That's my take anyhow. No harm intended.

How soon till you do any distillation yourself friend ?
Since the videos have started, I hope you have a mash/wash already started.
No offense taken dude, thanks for shooting straight!
And fair enough. But like I said in the video its not about me teaching you something( especially obvious for experienced distillers!!!). Its about creating a community for people to learn togeather. I think I have been pretty upfront about the fact that I'm learning too. If however I can help someone who is totally new to this gain a footing, and get started then cool!

These forums (this and a few others) are amazing sources of knowledge. But there is a few problems with them.

1 - Its dam intimidating for newbs coming in, not because people are nasty etc. Just because it's a TOTALLY different world.
2 - Plenty of people do not learn well by reading
3 - Plenty of people are even worse with forums
4 - The learning curve to even be able to understand what people are talking about in a forum is huge. ( terminology, basic understanding etc).

There is an obvious demand for something like this, just have a look around on youtube and see the numbers of views some videos are getting. And then compare those videos too others in different topics / genres with similar popularities.
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

bitter wrote:The legal thing is the problem for me and why I won't like the channel.. But I enjoy watching. Lots of good ideas here. Will be interesting to see things develop.

You have a bunch of topics I am sure to get you started

-The safty drill
-What kinda of still do I want with pros/cons of each then pick one to build
-Building your still (Miltiple part?)
-Running on propane and extra concerns
-Electrifying your still?
-Cleaning runs
-Your first run you can keep
-Sugar head vs all gain and point to some tried and true of each
-Your first wash
-First stuck ferment (when it happens how to fix and how to avoid for next time)
-Making cuts
-Oaking and agging (Assuming)
-Trying your first aged product. Could also do a multi part on aging and time.. A monthly checkin an tasting of things and description of the changes and colour change
-Aging using wood other than white oak
-Immersion and flavoring (cover stuff like panty dropper to gin)
-The switch to all grain. (This could be several episodes)
-Making a corn mash with liquid enzymes
-Making a single malt
-Making a bourbon
-Making Rum
-Making all grain Vodka
-Brandy and anything fruit
Could go through each tried and true recipe shwo it being made, then set away aging and do updates on it as its ready for drinking.
Long term aging.. Set some stuff away to age for 1-2 years and check back in on it in 1-2 years
Over oaking
etc

lots of potential episodes, what listed above might be multiple parts for each topic could keep you going for some time. I think a video a week should be achievable trick will be keeping things short adn small enough that does not kill you time wise to produce the videos.

Basically.. what I'm saying is create a storyboard/timeline of what topics you want to cover and when. Also if you have a teaser of what next weeks video will be so people know what coming will keep them coming back sorta liek a 15 second commercial at the end fo the episode about next weeks topic.

B

Sorry man I missed this!!

Thanks for the ideas, I have a bunch of those down already. But there is a bunch on there that I had not thought of either! So thanks man!

Im actually sitting here working on the "what still is right for you" idea now haha.

Seems like the logistics advice is pretty solid too. :)
700G
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 700G »

Well done Jes2su! Subbed. As for the methanol, I ran some neutral and sent it off to a lab and was surprised at the results regarding methanol. See my results here: http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p7382176
stillin' when I shoulda been buyin'
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

Jes2xu wrote:These forums (this and a few others) are amazing sources of knowledge. But there is a few problems with them.

1 - Its dam intimidating for newbs coming in, not because people are nasty etc. Just because it's a TOTALLY different world.
2 - Plenty of people do not learn well by reading
3 - Plenty of people are even worse with forums
4 - The learning curve to even be able to understand what people are talking about in a forum is huge. ( terminology, basic understanding etc).
I agree. But some problems are unsolvable unfortunately. Neither with a forum nor with videos. There is no method to learn in a week making all kinds of spirits like there is no way to learn to play the violin in a week. Of course you never said, you want to teach homedistilling in a week. But that's what the audience wants. And the attitude of this video is, that it is easy to learn it, if watching the videos and following the methods offered here step by step.

I think the most members here thought first, it was easy; started, failed and then wanted to read, ask and discuss and choosed to do this in a forum, not to post under one of the many youtube videos. Why not youtube? Because of the same reasons we discuss this topic here, not under your first video.
And I think the most of us would never had started homedistilling, if we had knew, how consuming it is. The most of us thought, take fruit or grain, yeast, a bucket, a pressure cooker and a copper pipe, that's all...
Generally I don't like any information/book/pdf/video encouraging people to start this hobby by underestating the efforts. And so (only speaking for me of course) I don't think, you should get something like a "recommended by hd" badge from the forum for this project. Of course you never said, you want that. But in a way this is where it leads. You are showing us your project and ideas, we are commenting nice or not so nice, you stay friendly and appreciate the input and constructive criticism, change here and there a bit, at the end we are all friends and you have your certified video channel. Besides more views, which leads to more and more views, more money. And here is the question, if this thread breaks our advertisement rules. I remember a thread about an open source computer controlled continuous mini still project, which was deleted by the admins because of that reason (not because of the questionable design...). Those rules make a difference, if a more or less commercial project is from a long time member, who offers and has offered thousand times help in daily discussions (Odin is the best example) or if someone signed in for promoting his project. Anyway, not my business.

I am sure, every video would sound total different, when you had practice in distilling. Probably you wouldn't make videos about distilling at all. If a very experienced distiller from here would make some, it would be better, but probably I would not like it too.

But I wish you luck and much fun with your first time building, mashing, distilling and so on. :thumbup:
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

So first up,
Honestly and truly I appreciate the fact that you took time to write. It's pretty rare now days for people to disagree with something and then be able to form intelligent reasoning describing their thoughts. So big respect for that!
der wo wrote: I agree. But some problems are unsolvable unfortunately. Neither with a forum nor with videos. There is no method to learn in a week making all kinds of spirits like there is no way to learn to play the violin in a week. Of course you never said, you want to teach home distilling in a week. But that's what the audience wants. And the attitude of this video is, that it is easy to learn it, if watching the videos and following the methods offered here step by step.
I think you miss the point. I am in no aspect think its easy. Im not trying to say its easy. In fact, in the other video I straight up said if you don't have the time or inclination to put in solid research this isnt the hobby for you. What I think I can offer is a similar experience as a forum in a different medium. Just out of interest how many YouTube creators are you subscribed to and watch on a weekly basis?

If that is what the attitude of the video came across as I have definitely made a mistake. The intention was more : put in some research, stick to the rules, safety first and you have yourself a legitimate hobby. An attempt to counter the "hillbillies with radiators making piss that makes you blind" idea. This video states it is an overview and that it in no way makes you ready to start. It is a introduction.
der wo wrote:
I think the most members here thought first, it was easy; started, failed and then wanted to read, ask and discuss and choosed to do this in a forum, not to post under one of the many youtube videos. Why not youtube? Because of the same reasons we discuss this topic here, not under your first video.
And I think the most of us would never had started homedistilling, if we had knew, how consuming it is. The most of us thought, take fruit or grain, yeast, a bucket, a pressure cooker and a copper pipe, that's all...
I am new to the hobby, but I have a bunch of experience in other hobbies. Its the same for all of them. In my experience the problem starts when some one says "I want really cheap beer, lets get into brewing", "I dont want to pay a photographer for photos of my daughter, lets get into photography", "Ah I will just code my own website its way easier and cheaper than they make it out to be", "white water/surfing/snow/climbing makes you look cool, il get into that" or " I want cheap whisky, gotta be easy right".

People get fixated on the outcome not the process. If they do it for the product its going to go bad. If however someone says "holy $%#$ that's interesting! I wonder how that works!" that's a whole different story. That's what I am trying to make the channel about.
der wo wrote:And here is the question, if this thread breaks our advertisement rules. I remember a thread about an open source computer controlled continuous mini still project, which was deleted by the admins because of that reason (not because of the questionable design...). Those rules make a difference, if a more or less commercial project is from a long time member, who offers and has offered thousand times help in daily discussions (Odin is the best example) or if someone signed in for promoting his project. Anyway, not my business.
Disagree dude, if you think this against forum rules / taking advantage / spamming / etc then its totally your business!

To be honest I had not actually thought about the fact that this thread may be doing exactly that.

!?!?!??!??!?! Mods ?!?!??!?!?!?!

Let me know! Will cease and desist / take down thread in a heart beat if that is the case. All this YT stuff aside I totally appreciate this community, its pretty sweet.

So . . . shit sorry for the essay, in summary. Im committed to the channel now, so just stopping isn't a option. In saying that the crit has definitely made me re-evaluate things a lot. Content will be changing a bit (changes will take effect in about 3 weeks).
So thanks a bunch to every one that gave it to me straight!!
But I take the fact that this could be against forum rules pretty seriously so just let me know on that one!
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

I have decided not to respond all in detail.

Generally I use youtube only if the information is not written anywhere online. Reading is way faster. Yes, there are many other hobbies same or more complex than homedistilling. I don't consider them suitable for youtube videos too.

The facts:
Jan 11, you signed in here
Jan 13, you started a thread, welcome and about building a still
Jan 15, you started your youtube channel
Jan 17, you started the thread here about starting a youtube channel
That's all we know. For me it looks like signing in for promoting the channel.

It's not my buisness. It's the buisness of the mods. Generally IMO threads get locked too fast here. I don't want your or similar threads locked. But it's not my buisness. I know which threads got locked in the past, and I know why generally, but not in detail. Because your thread is still alive, I think everything is fine. For me everything is fine anyway.

The maiority of the forum seems to like your channel. So please relax.
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

Dude, Im relaxed. Im not stressed about it. I just also really really really dont want to offend anyway. Or "take advantage of anyone".
I have a tendency to come across as uptight especially on written platforms. Most likely because I always want all info etc.

As for activity, mostly just because I have nothing much to talk about yet. I will be spamming the hell out of threads once I have a build sorted ;) But point taken
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

Something a little different this week :)

https://youtu.be/Lsfk5rImggY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

I see, you know you need a bit more time, your ferments and your still are not yet ready to run. Good video. :thumbup:
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

der wo wrote:I see, you know you need a bit more time, your ferments and your still are not yet ready to run. Good video. :thumbup:
Thanks ,
Yeah I think people will "get" what im trying to do a bit more when I start actually making things.

Its going to get a whole lot more "Im not too sure how this is going to turn out, but lets do some research give it a whirl, assess, adjust, start again".

That and including other people that have solid experience / experties in the videos when they need it .. . . . hopefully :) haha
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Cute.. LMAO at the WTF fly wasp ant WTF was it really?

B
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

bitter wrote:Cute.. LMAO at the WTF fly wasp ant WTF was it really?

B
Dude, I dont know! hahah

I have not seen anything like it NZ before. Looked more like something at home in Cairns.

I guess a cross between a hornet , flying ant, dragon fly looking thing. And the bastard WOULD, NOT, DIE!