Small world

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

Small world

Post by Bushman »

As some of you know my son graduated several years ago with a BS in hospitality. For one of his senior projects he had to write a business plan so he did it on the thoughts that after graduating I would invest in him opening a Craft Distillery thus that was what he wrote the plan for. Well after graduating he was offered a job as the manager of the restaurant bar at a high end hotel that is rated one of the top destinations in the PNW. Thus the distillery was put on hold (wasn't sure I wanted to come out of retirement). He deals with a lot of distributors and so they went to a tasting of different wines. One of the wines was from a winery in Oregon. He looked at the name and turned to the owner and said I think we are related. Turns out his father and my wife are cousins. Both my son and his boss loved the wine and wanted to sign a deal with them to carry their wine. In the contract the winery wanted to sell by the glass only. My son said "that is crazy if people love the wine I can't tell them they can't buy it by the bottle" so they rewrote the contract. It is one of their most expensive wines at $13.00 a glass and it is also one of their biggest sales. My son said they can't keep it in the restaurant/bar. I am going to have to get a bottle at my son's cost and give it a try.
Blarney Stoned
Swill Maker

Re: Small world

Post by Blarney Stoned »

Bushman wrote: I am going to have to get a bottle at my son's cost and give it a try.
Never pay retail !!!! Oy Vey !!! :lol: :lol: