Anyone Else Notice?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Anyone Else Notice?

Post by Hank Reardon »

Tater did a fine job shutting own dissent a few days ago. Well done.

I saw at least 2 of the culprits keep it going between themselves until the thread was hijacked, and subsequently closed by tater.

I wonder what happened to those two trolls?
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Re: Anyone Else Notice?

Post by jb-texshine »

I noticed. Had a lot of fun doing the hijacking too,but to be fair I couldn't have done it by myself. Frankly,it was the most fun I've had this year so far.
Last edited by jb-texshine on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

If you want my two cents, which you most probably don't, is that bringing this shit up again and again aint gonna help anyone :)
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

jb-texshine wrote:I noticed. Had a lot of fun doing the hijacking too,but to be fair I couldn't have done it by myself. Frankly,it was the most fun I've had this year so far.
Jb
Do you wonder what happened to Ark (who trolled hard), and to RoadR who trolled hard? Seems like they stopped chirping as much. Maybe it was the threats they received...I dunno.

Anyway, I'm still feeling a little unsatisfied by the whole thing. Clearly alot of blame to go around, and only 2 folks shouldering.

Yes, I get that I'm going against the grain again, call me a fool for fairness.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

xyz123 wrote:If you want my two cents, which you most probably don't, is that bringing this shit up again and again aint gonna help anyone :)
XYZ, it is not intended to help anyone. I thank you for the feedback. It is intended to bring the process as a whole to closure. It is clear to me that folks have decided a direction based on knowledge prior to RoadR and Ark continuing their feud into 2 or 3 other venues. I wonder if that will change the outcome of warnings, and result in those deserving getting their just reward. In other words, yes, I am prodding it along. :)

Of course, I could be silenced before long too...so, that is the risk I take.
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

I suppose in retrospect, in order to call on a troll one must define what a troll is.......

Well, further to that, the mods/owners should define what a troll is, rather than random membership proclaiming 'Troll' from their own respective corners of understanding.

Are the Whakamoles Trolls, maybe? Seems that of late they are.
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

Hank Reardon wrote:
xyz123 wrote:If you want my two cents, which you most probably don't, is that bringing this shit up again and again aint gonna help anyone :)
XYZ, it is not intended to help anyone. I thank you for the feedback. It is intended to bring the process as a whole to closure. It is clear to me that folks have decided a direction based on knowledge prior to RoadR and Ark continuing their feud into 2 or 3 other venues. I wonder if that will change the outcome of warnings, and result in those deserving getting their just reward. In other words, yes, I am prodding it along. :)

Of course, I could be silenced before long too...so, that is the risk I take.

Look I for one respect that.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

xyz123 wrote:I suppose in retrospect, in order to call on a troll one must define what a troll is.......

Well, further to that, the mods/owners should define what a troll is, rather than random membership proclaiming 'Troll' from their own respective corners of understanding.

Are the Whakamoles Trolls, maybe? Seems that of late they are.
We all know what a troll is. If we need a defintion, I'm sure we can find it. What I do not find is a group of folks leading our site that indicate they may have reacted in a way that favored a couple of trolls. For me, that is an issue.
Last edited by Hank Reardon on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

Like here is a thought for the unwary......

Perhaps we should put this messageboard on it's side and hydroseperate it, then, we could take all the good stuff from the middle and leave all the less than desirable elements outside the cut?
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

xyz123 wrote:Like here is a thought for the unwary......

Perhaps we should put this messageboard on it's side and hydroseperate it, then, we could take all the good stuff from the middle and leave all the less than desirable elements outside the cut?
I think we call that mediocrity. Haha.
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

I think they refer to it as being polite.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

xyz123 wrote:I think they refer to it as being polite.
In this case, you may be correct. My apologies.
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

But, if there was a big white elephant in the room, hey, what would you say it was?
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

xyz123 wrote:But, if there was a big white elephant in the room, hey, what would you say it was?
a big white elephant. What do you see?
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

I reckon the self appointed Troll Spotters around here wouldn't know what a troll was if one bit them on the arse.
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

Did anyone actually try that approach to cuts as Odin suggested, I know i caused a storm of responses but not sure if anyone went through the effort of trying to disprove it
Don't be a dick
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

It is big, right, and pretty white, ok, and, you couldn't miss it you could drive a truck through it and butcher it of course.
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

Swedish Pride wrote:Did anyone actually try that approach to cuts as Odin suggested, I know i caused a storm of responses but not sure if anyone went through the effort of trying to disprove it
Read your tag line.
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

I still say Odin was pulling our collective legs with that hodroseperation post... Anybody ever had it work?

Deo Vendice

NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Swedish Pride wrote:Did anyone actually try that approach to cuts as Odin suggested, I know i caused a storm of responses but not sure if anyone went through the effort of trying to disprove it
Yeah, I did, but I wasn't going to live long enough to get any worthwhile separation.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

NZChris wrote:I reckon the self appointed Troll Spotters around here wouldn't know what a troll was if one bit them on the arse.

I reckon so too. Did you notice?

Tater did, and shut it down a couple of times. The problem is that it kept on...long after the discipline was handed down. And in at least 2 other threads.
Last edited by Hank Reardon on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

jb-texshine wrote:I still say Odin was pulling our collective legs with that hodroseperation post... Anybody ever had it work?
yeah he was always good for stirring the pot and step back and watch the folks here fall over themselves trying to tell him to cop on without telling him to eff off.
Don't be a dick
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

jb-texshine wrote:I still say Odin was pulling our collective legs with that hodroseperation post... Anybody ever had it work?
Hey, if you had read the entire site you would see that the devotaries of Odin said it work.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Odin should be punished. :)

Except his gin is great.
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

need to go back and read that thread now, need to see if anyone tried it
Don't be a dick
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

Hank Reardon wrote:

Except his gin is great.
Apparently so, I have never run my own still though.......
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

xyz123 wrote:It is big, right, and pretty white, ok, and, you couldn't miss it you could drive a truck through it and butcher it of course.
I see some big honey baked hams, some ugly non fermentable ivory, and tiger food. I wish I could close the story in the way you wished xy, but my limited imagination is incapable of operating on your plane.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

xyz123 wrote:
Hank Reardon wrote:

Except his gin is great.
Never a better time than the present. Sounds like a tangerine minus the fruit is in your near future.
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

xyz123 wrote:
Hank Reardon wrote:

Except his gin is great.
Why run when you can drive it Cadillac style!

Deo Vendice

xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

wopswow
Last edited by xyz123 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.