Metamorphosis

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Metamorphosis

Post by Truckinbutch »

corene1 wrote:You know, Big Bob., I think everyone here has been where you are at right now. I know i was. Same questions over and over by folks not wanting to work at learning the art. Then trolls always popping up trying to cause hate and discontent, even some members that always want to push the edge. I was ready to take a few steps back and watch from afar. Then I had to break away from HD for reasons out of my control. That was an eye opener. Yes there are some problems here ,but there is also a central core of family that we as individuals rely on not just for conversations but as friends. When I was on the outside I sure did miss everyone here and I think you would too.
You were missed as well , Gal . It left a hole in our heart when you had to leave for a while .
I don't think you realize how much you contribute here .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Yes I've been thru many separations here. You, woodshead, sc cacalacky ,I could go on and on. One difference I think is that I've met many of these people face to face, and this makes a difference. These people are my friends, I've broken bread with many on this forum. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here, I'm just confused and sad. I'll work it out.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We Can have a wake at S3 17 3 day weekend in September . Let's walk it off for now .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

i'm lucky enough to have a core group of 4 friends IRL. Been that way for 4 decades now, since we were young teens. Other interests pop up and then wane, sometimes it's one, two or three that will take a new tangent and one or the others is left to fend.
after a while the group has always...and will always... come together. anybody can drop in unannounced, open the fridge and grab a chicken leg and a beer. We are "common".

Fact of the matter is this group is similar, we share a common interest. for some it will ebb and then flow. for others, a passion. Still others will find a business and some will make some friends, and some may lose. We see tons that snoop the fad and then look away for their real interest.

Me, meself am investigating lots of "experiences" IRL, too many people around me are feeling "old" and spend their time on couch, complaining about a fatigue they have not earned, and complaining about that which they do not try to fix. Wishing for more money so they can have more "safety" in the "future"
I'm trying to "live". to get out. get tired from playing too hard. and working too fast. I'm Complaining about not putting in enough effort to help make peoples lives around me better, more enjoyable. wishing for more time to give an ear, lend a hand and share a laugh.

My passion here is the core group and looking to encourage more to join it, to pay it forward to people looking to learn, just like so many here helped me. Fact is i drifted away for a couple months too, but the pursuit of the perfect whiskey is in me, in my blood. I'll drift in the future too, because there are so many dreams in life and we only get one life to live them all...but when i come back (and i will) I hope to find the fire still burning (or is that the still fire burning) and some new stories and knowledge base from those who have ventured to edge and came back to tell us what can be found...if we only chase those dreams!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

HDNB wrote:My passion here is the core group and looking to encourage more to join it, to pay it forward to people looking to learn, just like so many here helped me.
I've been thinking the same thing lately. There's definitely a void that's been left, and it's going to take the group as a whole to fill it.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Life is full of ebbs and flows. You can fight it but you'll just get tired.

tp
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

HDNB wrote:i'm lucky enough to have a core group of 4 friends IRL. Been that way for 4 decades now, since we were young teens. Other interests pop up and then wane, sometimes it's one, two or three that will take a new tangent and one or the others is left to fend.
after a while the group has always...and will always... come together. anybody can drop in unannounced, open the fridge and grab a chicken leg and a beer. We are "common".

Fact of the matter is this group is similar, we share a common interest. for some it will ebb and then flow. for others, a passion. Still others will find a business and some will make some friends, and some may lose. We see tons that snoop the fad and then look away for their real interest.

Me, meself am investigating lots of "experiences" IRL, too many people around me are feeling "old" and spend their time on couch, complaining about a fatigue they have not earned, and complaining about that which they do not try to fix. Wishing for more money so they can have more "safety" in the "future"
I'm trying to "live". to get out. get tired from playing too hard. and working too fast. I'm Complaining about not putting in enough effort to help make peoples lives around me better, more enjoyable. wishing for more time to give an ear, lend a hand and share a laugh.

My passion here is the core group and looking to encourage more to join it, to pay it forward to people looking to learn, just like so many here helped me. Fact is i drifted away for a couple months too, but the pursuit of the perfect whiskey is in me, in my blood. I'll drift in the future too, because there are so many dreams in life and we only get one life to live them all...but when i come back (and i will) I hope to find the fire still burning (or is that the still fire burning) and some new stories and knowledge base from those who have ventured to edge and came back to tell us what can be found...if we only chase those dreams!
Fine words. Fine words.