Alcohol related traffic accident

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

DBCFlash
Site Donor
Site Donor

Alcohol related traffic accident

Post by DBCFlash »

I got hit by another driver yesterday. She was blowing through an uncontrolled intersection and took out the front of my new car. Bounced my head off the door frame and ended up with a concussion and whiplash so I'm stuck on the couch far a few days.
Alcohol related? I was driving to the brew shop to buy grains for my mash. :crazy:
Some men you jest cain't reach...
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Re: Alcohol related traffic accident

Post by still_stirrin »

Sorry to hear of your accident. They can happen in the "blink of an eye", even if the moments seem to replay in sloooow motion. It is good to hear that there weren't any casualties, although there were sustained injuries.

So, heal up properly. Concussions should not be overlooked. The damage is not visible but certainly still a concern. Undoubtedly, you have a headache and a very stiff and sore neck. It'll take some time to heal the tissue, so just relax and rest up. Probably "blood thinners" should be avoided for a while. And heavy lifting should be left for the younger folks. You don't need a "blown gasket" to compound the injuries.

But, we're glad your still here to chat with us all. Keep it up.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
DBCFlash
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alcohol related traffic accident

Post by DBCFlash »

I don't bounce back like I used to. Just a minor brain injury, luckily I don't use it that often.
Some men you jest cain't reach...